The Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@uniform said:

@OneManX said:

I think when/if The Governor meets the group it's gonna be the end of the days for the kid.

While they've proven they're not going to shy away from bad things happening to even the youngest of the group, I have to wonder if this show would actually kill off the baby. It's a much different majority audience with the show than the comic readers. I still laugh remembering how offended people were on TWD's Facebook page after they killed "our troops" in episode 3.

I don't think AMC would allow that. There's only so many ways a baby can go out in a zombie apocalypse. What might end up happening is the baby might be stolen or given away to someone or by someone in Woodbury. In the comics the group hasn't interacted with Woodbury since the Prison Arc so it would in a way be perfect.

In the comics, Maggie and ... can't remember his name, raise one of the children, so that storyline may still come into play with Rick and Laurie's baby.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@GetEveryone said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@uniform said:

@OneManX said:

I think when/if The Governor meets the group it's gonna be the end of the days for the kid.

While they've proven they're not going to shy away from bad things happening to even the youngest of the group, I have to wonder if this show would actually kill off the baby. It's a much different majority audience with the show than the comic readers. I still laugh remembering how offended people were on TWD's Facebook page after they killed "our troops" in episode 3.

I don't think AMC would allow that. There's only so many ways a baby can go out in a zombie apocalypse. What might end up happening is the baby might be stolen or given away to someone or by someone in Woodbury. In the comics the group hasn't interacted with Woodbury since the Prison Arc so it would in a way be perfect.

In the comics, Maggie and ... can't remember his name, raise one of the children, so that storyline may still come into play with Rick and Laurie's baby.

I can't see Rick allowing someone else raising his wife's baby. Especially someone so close to him. Maggie and Glen are also essential members to Rick's group, so it wouldn't really be a write out if the baby is still there.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#203  Edited By project343

Rick's reaction to seeing that his wife had passed away actually made me laugh. At least Maggie and Rick's son did a spectacular job conveying that emotion. Rick had like hysterical spasm of sadness that was almost comical. Talk about shattering the moment.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#204  Edited By droop

Seems to be mixed opinions on Rick reacting to Lori dying.

Oh and

I can't image they'll keep the baby around for very long. Probably just used as more emotion fuel for Rick

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#205  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Cleric22 said:

@SomeDeliCook: Give to Governor a fair chance, he's pretty bad ass. Plus it would be tough to write for Shane since he was killed off literally in the first graphic novel or so.

Shane/his actor was just my favorite. The governor sure is a big devious asshole, but I didn't like Shane for that reason. Imagine if they would've had another muscular not afraid to kill member in the group. Imagine how different the Lori dying scene would've been if Shane was still alive, and Rick and him would fight over who she "truly" loved. Or if they would've gotten over it at that point

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By laserbolts

I'm trying to remember if they ever explained what happened to the black dude and his kid from the first episode in season one. I remember Rick trying to reach him on the radio. Did they ever tell what happened to them?

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#207  Edited By sparklykiss

@laserbolts said:

I'm trying to remember if they ever explained what happened to the black dude and his kid from the first episode in season one. I remember Rick trying to reach him on the radio. Did they ever tell what happened to them?

I've been beyond curious about this myself. Nothing's been said directly, the script is usually kept super secret, but after investigating, Morgan (the father) might make an appearance this season.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Zelyre

@laserbolts said:

In the comics, yes. On the show. No. Not yet, at least.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By laserbolts

Sorry on my phone but can't reply. I wouldn't be surprised if he has been at Woodbury all along. Maybe whenever Ricks group finds Woodbury something could come of it.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#210  Edited By PandaBear

Can someone please explain the zombie rules to me like I'm an idiot.

Here's where I get confused:

1. Everyone has the virus, it's airborne (or in the water??)
  2. When some dies, say from an arrow to the heart or your head gets lopped off, they live on as a zombie as long as the brain is in tact
  3. Nobody is immune and everyone has the virus, but if they're bitten by a zombie they become one within an hour or so
  4. They can smash a zombie's head in with a baseball bat, get the blood on their face and what appears to be in their mouth or on an open wound, and not become a zombie
  5. = profit??

How come anon-lethalzombie bite, like one the arm, can make someone a zombie if they already have the virus? Are the zombies also poisonous and their venom kills their victim within an hour? I realise this is a fantasy world, but consistent rules should be expected from serious fiction. (PS I love this show, this isn't me having a go at it, I just feel like I missed a key piece of information)

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By donkeycow

@YI_Orange said:

Can anyone name a single time where the appearance of a baby has increased the quality of a work of fiction? Seriously, why do they keep doing it? Babies are the worst.

The bible?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#212  Edited By LiquidPrince

@laserbolts: They never mention if they're still alive or not after they were forced to leave the camp. Presumably they are still alive as far as we know.

@PandaBear: Everyone is infected and as long as your brain remains intact you will come back. Which means beheadings don't kill, but they do make the zombies fully immobile. A non lethal bite increases the infection to the point where it causes you to first get really hot then really cold and then die. I think they may have explained it in season 1 when Amy died, but I could be wrong.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By PandaBear

@LiquidPrince said:

@laserbolts: They never mention if they're still alive or not after they were forced to leave the camp. Presumably they are still alive as far as we know.

@PandaBear: Everyone is infected and as long as your brain remains intact you will come back. Which means beheadings don't kill, but they do make the zombies fully immobile. A non lethal bite increases the infection to the point where it causes you to first get really hot then really cold and then die. I think they may have explained it in season 1 when Amy died, but I could be wrong.

See but Herschel died. Lori revived him. He's not a zombie. Somebody on that show died and came back... and if the bit increases turns you into a zombie it must be because the zombie bite kills a person right? Then they are re-animated. But why? If you have a virus you can't get more of it from someone no matter what it is, you just have it. I dunno... I'm over-thinking it but it does bug me.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By TheKramer89

@Donkeycow said:

@YI_Orange said:

Can anyone name a single time where the appearance of a baby has increased the quality of a work of fiction? Seriously, why do they keep doing it? Babies are the worst.

The bible?

Children of Men? Baby Geniuses? Baby's Day Out? 3 Men and a Baby? Knocked Up?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#215  Edited By LiquidPrince

@PandaBear said:

@LiquidPrince said:

See but Herschel died. Lori revived him. He's not a zombie. Somebody on that show died and came back... and if the bit increases turns you into a zombie it must be because the zombie bite kills a person right? Then they are re-animated. But why? If you have a virus you can't get more of it from someone no matter what it is, you just have it. I dunno... I'm over-thinking it but it does bug me.

But Herschel didn't die from the bite, he died from the shock of having his leg cut off. Natural death zombification can vary between people. Some might turn within minutes where as some people may take a few days.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@laserbolts said:

Well in the comics (yes I know this is not the comics) they aren't reintroduced until way later. If the series continues to follow the comics I say Morgan and his son should be back for Season 4 if not 5.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@PandaBear said:

@LiquidPrince said:

Ok... Herschel didn't actually die though. His heart might have stopped for a few seconds, but he was revived. Also, I imagine a zombie bite like a Komodo Dragon's bite. The bite itself is deadly because of all the bacteria and nasty shit that it contains. Being bitten by a walking rotting corpse can't be good for anything. The Komodo's bite causes fever cold sweats and eventually death because of the bacteria it contains. It later follows the blood trail of it's victim and then eats it's lifeless body.

Now we know what caused all this. The mofuckin komodos.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Terramagi

@PandaBear said:

@LiquidPrince said:

Hershel didn't die. He just came so close to death that his heart stopped.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#219  Edited By golguin

I'm also hoping the baby dies soon. I thought it would died when Maggie took it out so it being alive is kinda terrible for the feel of the show.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#220  Edited By Sooty

I feel sorry for the actor playing T-Dawg, that annoying bitch Laurie got so many lines and trashed all of them.

@Sparklykiss said:

@laserbolts said:

I've been beyond curious about this myself. Nothing's been said directly, the script is usually kept super secret, but after investigating, Morgan (the father) might make an appearance this season.

Amazes me that the show started so strong and then nose dived completely about 3 episodes into S1. That guy is awesome in everything though, Jericho and Snatch spring to mind.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Ravelle

@PandaBear said:

2. When some dies, say from an arrow to the heart or your head gets lopped off, they live on as a zombie as long as the brain is in tact
  3. Nobody is immune and everyone has the virus, but if they're bitten by a zombie they become one within an hour or so
  4. They can smash a zombie's head in with a baseball bat, get the blood on their face and what appears to be in their mouth or on an open wound, and not become a zombie
  5. = profit??

How come anon-lethalzombie bite, like one the arm, can make someone a zombie if they already have the virus? Are the zombies also poisonous and their venom kills their victim within an hour? I realise this is a fantasy world, but consistent rules should be expected from serious fiction. (PS I love this show, this isn't me having a go at it, I just feel like I missed a key piece of information)

1. I guess it's airborne, it's the most logically explanation.

2. When the heart stops, everything stops I believe zombiefied organs/muscles are still muscles and still need some blood to be pomped to get it working, when a head is chopped off it can indeed still operate somehow, have no idea how this can be a thing.

3.Everyone has the virus, but a bit just speeds the process up I believe because of the bacteria or whatever those zombies have in their mouth, or maybe you don't turn at all because of the zombie bites.

4. They aren't dying so they won't become a zombie, the brain needs to get in to a certain state to be overcome with the virus. ( or that's my speculation atleast)

Zombie or Infected is the actual correct term rules are different in every game/movie, it's a weird thing.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By laserbolts

I think the reason zombie bites and scratches are such a big deal is because the bacteria from them causes you to get the fever and die. No matter how you die you turn though. At least that's how I understand it.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Ravelle

And let's not forget most of them just rip out half your troat, leg or shoulder, that's pretty damaging s you either die of bloodloss and/or infection.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By PandaBear

@Ravelle said:

@PandaBear said:

5. = profit??

2. When the heart stops, everything stops I believe zombiefied organs/muscles are still muscles and still need some blood to be pomped to get it working, when a head is chopped off it can indeed still operate somehow, have no idea how this can be a thing.

3.Everyone has the virus, but a bit just speeds the process up I believe because of the bacteria or whatever those zombies have in their mouth, or maybe you don't turn at all because of the zombie bites.

4. They aren't dying so they won't become a zombie, the brain needs to get in to a certain state to be overcome with the virus. ( or that's my speculation atleast)

Zombie or Infected is the actual correct term rules are different in every game/movie, it's a weird thing.

Giant Bomb really needs a like button so I can acknowledge everyone who replied to me with having to reply myself when I don't have a lot to add haha... @NlGHTCRAWLER

I'm cool with most of the rules most of the time, it's just take the prisoners for example. I forget his name, but remember the big black guy who died... well he was cut on his back by a zombie's exposed bone which was enough for him to be rendered a liability as he will become a walker soon. It was a non-lethal wound, I mean Herschel is 800 and he survived his leg getting hacked off, so logic says its the blood from the zombie that does it... but then when Andrea was watching the dudes check out the helicopter wreck one of the men bashed a zombie to death with a bat and clearly had blood on his face... everyone has at some point.

Sigh ... I feel like such a geeb saying all this haha ... I really like this show and this stuff doesn't change that at all, but it is something that has bugged me once or twice...

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Ravelle

@PandaBear said:

@Ravelle said:

@PandaBear said:

5. = profit??

Giant Bomb really needs a like button so I can acknowledge everyone who replied to me with having to reply myself when I don't have a lot to add haha... @NlGHTCRAWLER

I'm cool with most of the rules most of the time, it's just take the prisoners for example. I forget his name, but remember the big black guy who died... well he was cut on his back by a zombie's exposed bone which was enough for him to be rendered a liability as he will become a walker soon. It was a non-lethal wound, I mean Herschel is 800 and he survived his leg getting hacked off, so logic says its the blood from the zombie that does it... but then when Andrea was watching the dudes check out the helicopter wreck one of the men bashed a zombie to death with a bat and clearly had blood on his face... everyone has at some point.

Sigh ... I feel like such a geeb saying all this haha ... I really like this show and this stuff doesn't change that at all, but it is something that has bugged me once or twice...

That spanish criminal was just being a psycohpath who takes any excuse to kill a dude, he probably could have been saved if they chose to chop his arm but again, those weird zombie rules are not set in stone.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#226  Edited By Phatmac

Walking dead time!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Phatmac

Zombie daughter!!

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#228  Edited By OneManX

Good to know that in the Zombie Apocalypse Vince McMahon can still make money

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By awesomeusername

Wait a minute! Carol died in last weeks episode?!??!?!??! It didn't show her die!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d
deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername: No we don't know what happened but the group is assuming that she died.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Phatmac

Yeah.. Where is Carol?

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#232  Edited By rockinkemosabe

Daryl can rock a poncho like no one's business. Also, an amazing surrogate dad.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By DeathByWaffle

What was Rick doing with that zombies stomach? Did he think he was gonna cut Lori out?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Dagbiker

I think half the cast decided to quit the Walking Dead, and when filming this weeks episode they were like "fuck, we really should have thought a head, and got some B roll"

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. That was a weak episode. Understandable for the narrative pace to slow a bit after that last torrential showing. I thought Rick was going in to find Lori's body. Michonne, although clearly right about Woodbury, is sort of irritating. Not as irritating as Andrea, but still.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By awesomeusername

@Fluttercry: But they dug up 3 graves in todays episode and she didn't show up at all. Where the hell would she be? I'm confused.

@Phatmac: That's what I'm saying! She can't be dead.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Dagbiker

@Ravelle said:

@PandaBear said:

@Ravelle said:

@PandaBear said:

5. = profit??

That spanish criminal was just being a psycohpath who takes any excuse to kill a dude, he probably could have been saved if they chose to chop his arm but again, those weird zombie rules are not set in stone.

It was also brought to my attention another theory that, while probably not cannon, makes a lot of sence.

The infection is making everyone go crazy. This makes a lot of since if you look at the story line in general Where peoples mind sets go from "The Zombies are Sick" reason to keep them being locked up. To gladiator games.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#238  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

This seemed like purely a filler episode. A pretty good filler episode, though. The story didn't really advance anywhere but there was still some good zombie-killing action. 

I'm not really sure what the deal was with the zombie that Rick shot and stabbed near the end there. Was it supposed to have eaten Lori? If they're implying that, it would be mighty dumb to suggest that it consumed her, bones and all, in the span of a few hours without leaving any remains. I will assume the writers are not that stupid and that this is leading somewhere else. Rick finding the smashed bullet on the ground makes it pretty obvious that Carl didn't shoot Lori, at least.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Dagbiker

Did any one else catch that the Governor was fucking his underage zombie daughter? How many fetishes can one man have?

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Terramagi

@Dagbiker said:

Did any one else catch that the Governor was fucking his underage zombie daughter? How many fetishes can one man have?

I don't think if it's quite clear yet, but the Governor is a bad man.

He is a very bad man.

He does bad things.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By mikemcn

#Thewalkingdaughter

The PR push behind this show is so fucking dumb.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#242  Edited By Hailinel

@Mikemcn said:

#Thewalkingdaughter

Sometimes, I think AMC is actively trying to shoot themselves in the foot.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By SSully

@Dagbiker said:

What? Where did they allude to that? That's fucked up.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By mikemcn

@Hailinel said:

@Mikemcn said:

#Thewalkingdaughter

And the talking dead nonsense, and the "WE MUST SURVIVE" sweepstakes entry... its awful.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@SSully said:

@Dagbiker said:

He was brushing his zombie daughter's hair.

So of course that means he was fucking her.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#246  Edited By Hailinel

@Mikemcn said:

@Hailinel said:

@Mikemcn said:

#Thewalkingdaughter

And the talking dead nonsense, and the "WE MUST SURVIVE" sweepstakes entry... its awful.

Not to mention the entirety of Season 2.

"Hey guys, we're gonna slash the budget and monkey with the writing staff. Also, the entire season is going to take place on that farm. Sound cool? Uh, guys? Guys, hey, where are you going?!"

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Dagbiker

@Oldirtybearon said:

@SSully said:

@Dagbiker said:

After that, he puts the bag over her head, then he asks her if shes ready, and bends her over.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By laserbolts

Well that was pretty shit. I loved the Michonne slaughtering those zombies scene but what was up with Carol? So I'm assuming the group doesn't know if she's dead or not. Why was there a grave already dug for her? Why did Daryl put a flower on it? Why is no one looking for her or even mentioning her? If she ends up dead that is a pretty weak way to kill her off. Ricks acting was laughably bad. This episode reminded me how shit the writing and acting in this show is. I will continue to watch since I love some zombie killing but man.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Dagbiker said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@SSully said:

@Dagbiker said:

After that, he puts the bag over her head, then he asks her if shes ready, and bends her over.

I must've been having a brain fart because I totally did not see that. Do you have a timestamp mayhap so I can check real quick?

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By DeathByWaffle

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@SSully said:

@Dagbiker said:

I must've been having a brain fart because I totally did not see that. Do you have a timestamp mayhap so I can check real quick?

Yeah, I did not catch that at all either.