#401 Posted by Pr1mus (3808 posts) -

Can someone fill me in on tonight's episode (episode 10)?

I don't really want to watch the show anymore but i'm still somewhat curious what happens.

#402 Posted by golguin (3842 posts) -

This episode was a lot better than the last. I feel that it's been a while since I've actually cared about the characters, but the stuff with Daryl and Merle was really good stuff.

#403 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

During the first half of this episode I thought I was going to finally give up on this show, but they won me back pretty hard with the second half. Looking forward to the rest of the season. I really liked the Daryl/Merle stuff.

#404 Edited by Ares42 (2573 posts) -

People that's gotten ample firearm experience and sharpshooting zombies in the head over and over dumping bullets at each other and noone gets hit..... that was just stupid.

#405 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

This last episode was pretty enjoyable. Interesting to see Glen in a different role for once. Daryl and Merle make for some good interactions as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how Merle handles himself at the prison from here.

@ares42 said:

People that's gotten ample firearm experience and sharpshooting zombies in the head over and over dumping bullets at each other and noone gets hit..... that was just stupid.

Agreed. That part really bugged me. Found myself wishing that scene would've ended faster. The start of it was fine because it came at an unexpected moment and someone actually got hit, but then it just went downhill til the vehicle showed up. The rest of the shooting just seemed like filler to make a gunfight where no one significant is going to die last longer.

#406 Edited by MJones916 (27 posts) -

This last episode was pretty enjoyable. Interesting to see Glen in a different role for once. Daryl and Merle make for some good interactions as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how Merle handles himself at the prison from here.

@ares42 said:

Agreed. That part really bugged me. Found myself wishing that scene would've ended faster. The start of it was fine because it came at an unexpected moment and someone actually got hit, but then it just went downhill til the vehicle showed up. The rest of the shooting just seemed like filler to make a gunfight where no one significant is going to die last longer.

That's a realistic gunfight, though. The odds of hitting a target, when under duress from opposing fire, are low.

#407 Posted by boj4ngles (287 posts) -

@mentaldisruption said:

@ares42 said:

That's a realistic gunfight, though. The odds of hitting a target, when under duress from opposing fire, are low.

I also though the gun fight was good. It's a lot harder to make accurate shots when you are receiving incoming fire as opposed to when you are lining up head shots on mindless walkers. Btw did they show who the woman was that crashed the van full of walkers into the prison? At first I thought it was Andrea but I don't think they confirmed who it was right?

This episode was great all around. I think Maggie should be the new leader of the group. Yes she's just been through hell, but she's the only one besides Rick who has leadership potential. And Rick is fucking nuts now. Can't trust him except maybe for a suicide mission.

#408 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

I don't really want to watch the show anymore but i'm still somewhat curious what happens.

You don't want to watch the show, but you want to be filled in what happens? Just watch the show and stop being a drama queen, you kids these days don't realize how much quality TV shows are these days.

Such a great episode, love the brothers being back together. And when the prisoner got shot it really caught me off guard and gave me a jump scare. The Governor is such a great character in this show and so are the rest of the cast, I feel I really know them all now, I think that was a lot to do with the slow pace of season 2, I really wanted Carol and Hershel to make it, which is never a guarantee in this show, that's why I feel with every proper action scene anyone could go. Great episode in what is shaping up to be the best season yet.

8.5\10

#409 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

I think the Governor has almost turned into some sort of cartoon villain now. Give him an eye patch, a wooden leg and a red lightsaber in the next episode.

#410 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@ares42 said:

Hehe yes, the firefight was terrible. :D They were all lousy shots all of a sudden, and ammo wasn't a concern for either side. How many bullets did that guy standing out in the open in the tower dodge? Matrix shit.

#411 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@ares42 said:

Hehe yes, the firefight was terrible. :D They were all lousy shots all of a sudden, and ammo wasn't a concern for either side. How many bullets did that guy standing out in the open in the tower dodge? Matrix shit.

Rick ran out of ammo though, it's hard to shoot at things when you are suppressed behind cover, the Governer was just laying down suppressing fire the whole time.

I thought it was a great action scene.

#412 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior: He did headshot the Prisoner Guy with one shot though. Lucky?

#413 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -
#414 Posted by Ares42 (2573 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior: It just felt way too much like an 80s action-movie to me. Walking Dead is a series where people get hurt, not a series where the hero never dies.

#415 Edited by Pr1mus (3808 posts) -
@bourbon_warrior said:

@pr1mus said:

You don't want to watch the show, but you want to be filled in what happens? Just watch the show and stop being a drama queen, you kids these days don't realize how much quality TV shows are these days.

Such a great episode, love the brothers being back together. And when the prisoner got shot it really caught me off guard and gave me a jump scare. The Governor is such a great character in this show and so are the rest of the cast, I feel I really know them all now, I think that was a lot to do with the slow pace of season 2, I really wanted Carol and Hershel to make it, which is never a guarantee in this show, that's why I feel with every proper action scene anyone could go. Great episode in what is shaping up to be the best season yet.

8.5\10

So me not liking the show all that much but still being curious after watching two seasons and a half makes me a drama queen?

I'm tired of the show because it's the most uneven thing on TV. There is no other show that can go from the worst garbage to best thing on TV within the same episode and they've done that plenty of times this season. No matter how awesome the highs can be i don't want to keep watching because of how frustrating it is to deal with the lows.

But i still likes certain characters a whole lot and want to know what happens. I am perfectly fine with reading a quick summary of each episodes from here on out. But if this is too irritating for someone like you it's OK, i'll stop asking or reading this thread, i'll just wait a couple more hours for the piece Comic Vine has after every episode and read that.

Think about it, you like the show more than i do so i guess the appropriate response is for me to call you a piece of shit? Great logic you got going there buddy.

#416 Edited by Sgtpierceface (610 posts) -

I liked the episode. The Daryl/Merle stuff was actually emotional in a pretty unexpected way.

I found the ending kind of weird though. It seemed like they were making a big deal out of the fact that there were some walkers in the field. So what? Just do what you did before and shoot them all. I guess the entrance fences are down now, but they still have the inner one. I don't know why they were trying to make it so intense

#417 Posted by probablytuna (3534 posts) -

I liked the episode. The Daryl/Merle stuff was actually emotional in a pretty unexpected way.

I found the ending kind of weird though. It seemed like they were making a big deal out of the fact that there were some walkers in the field. So what? Just do what you did before and shoot them all. I guess the entrance fences are down now, but they still have the inner one. I don't know why they were trying to make it so intense

Agreed. If the Governor and his crew had stayed behind laying down suppressing fire while the walkers got closer and closer then it would've been fucking intense but no they just decided it was enough fun today and called it quits. WTF?

#418 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Easily the best parts of the episode.

Overall I thought the episode was just kind of okay. The Woodbury stuff without the Governor was meh, mainly because I hate Andrea though. The shootout was a little weak, as it's just a taste of what is surely to come when the full scale attack happens.

#419 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@pr1mus said:
@bourbon_warrior said:

@pr1mus said:

8.5\10

So me not liking the show all that much but still being curious after watching two seasons and a half makes me a drama queen?

I'm tired of the show because it's the most uneven thing on TV. There is no other show that can go from the worst garbage to best thing on TV within the same episode and they've done that plenty of times this season. No matter how awesome the highs can be i don't want to keep watching because of how frustrating it is to deal with the lows.

But i still likes certain characters a whole lot and want to know what happens. I am perfectly fine with reading a quick summary of each episodes from here on out. But if this is too irritating for someone like you it's OK, i'll stop asking or reading this thread, i'll just wait a couple more hours for the piece Comic Vine has after every episode and read that.

Think about it, you like the show more than i do so i guess the appropriate response is for me to call you a piece of shit? Great logic you got going there buddy.

Haha I'm not the one coming on a spoiler board for a show each week saying, I FUCKING HATE THIS SHOW, BUT WHAT HAPPENED! I NEED TO KNOOOOW!

#420 Posted by Pr1mus (3808 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior: I didn't say i hate the show. I didn't come every week to say i hate the show. It's in fact the first episode i decided not to watch. I watched every others before that and as the show went on my interest declined. I think it's the first time i stop watching a show half-way through a season so it's not hard to understand why i would still be a bit curious what happens to the few characters i still like.

I really can't understand why you had to make that comment up front. Just don't answer the question if you can't be bothered to not be an ass about it.

#422 Posted by stryker1121 (1345 posts) -

I'm really disliking Rick's storyline right now and it brought down the entire episode for me. Rick is supposed to be the show's center and instead of making him interesting the writers have him doing "stuff" away from the crew. A few cool moments and zombie kills as per usual, but TWD really needs to step up on the in-between plot development stuff, rather than Rick seeing Ghost Lori and Merle reverting back to "racist redneck" stereotype. The Gov is not being given much to work with, either. No mention of Tyreese's crew on top of all that. I guess this was a tweener episode w/ some moving parts, and I hope things get interesting again with Daryl back.

#423 Edited by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

@stryker1121 said:

I'm really disliking Rick's storyline right now and it brought down the entire episode for me. Rick is supposed to be the show's center and instead of making him interesting the writers have him doing "stuff" away from the crew. A few cool moments and zombie kills as per usual, but TWD really needs to step up on the in-between plot development stuff, rather than Rick seeing Ghost Lori and Merle reverting back to "racist redneck" stereotype. The Gov is not being given much to work with, either. No mention of Tyreese's crew on top of all that. I guess this was a tweener episode w/ some moving parts, and I hope things get interesting again with Daryl back.

The whole handling of Tyreese's group really bothered me. Especially when Glen keeps mentioning how short handed they are when there's three perfectly capable adults just sitting around. It was if they weren't even freaking there.

I agree with everyone else that the Daryl, Merle stuff was awesome.

edit: wtf was up with glen leaving to go attack the governor by himself and coming back at the very last second to help.

#424 Posted by Geralt (315 posts) -
@pr1mus said:

I feel you, buddy. Every week I'm waiting for the final 10 minutes of each episode. I'm such a sucker for cliffhangers.

The writers are piling on a lot of subtle conflicts so they can come back to those later, I guess.

Oh...the writers loooove Andrea so much lately.

#425 Edited by YoThatLimp (1880 posts) -

@stryker1121 said:

The whole handling of Tyreese's group really bothered me. Especially when Glen keeps mentioning how short handed they are when there's three perfectly capable adults just sitting around. It was if they weren't even freaking there.

I agree with everyone else that the Daryl, Merle stuff was awesome.

edit: wtf was up with glen leaving to go attack the governor by himself and coming back at the very last second to help.

Tyreese's group already left the prison when Rick first went crazy, remember? I am assuming they will be back at some point.

Glen is turning into a knob, hope he pulls himself out of it.

Axel's death was a bummer!

I feel like I am the only one in the world who though the Merle and Daryl stuff was a little clumsy, but I still love the show.

And for people complaining about the firefight, being able to hit a slow walking zombie and not a human being firing bullets at you makes sense. A soldiers accuracy is piss poor during a firefight, I don't think a bunch of semi-trained civilians who have never shot at another human being (least of all one that is shooting at them) would be trained killers.

#426 Posted by TheHT (10880 posts) -

Fuck man, this show is getting boring. The next episode seems like there might be some excitement, but then there'll also be more Carl so blargh.

Also, and this is about last weeks episode, but I can't forget about the whole reusing a zombie. I get why they would but shit, the exact same zombie the Governor shot in the head is moments later down by Rick shambling after him.

#427 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Good to see that Andrea still sucks the life out of everything, and is edging closer to Laurie levels of awfulness.

#428 Posted by Miketakon (513 posts) -

Seems like the last 3 episodes have been nothing but filler for next week's episode. I'll finish out this season don't know if I'll be back for another though :(.

#429 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Good episode, have been missing these more quiet episodes from season 2, the characters are good enough that every episode doesn't have to be Left 4 Dead.

Once again the practical effects in this show are bad ass, Andrea making herself some zombie repellent was really well done.

I am also conflicted that The Governor isn't really that bad, he made a town that was civil and had some normalcy to it, he killed anyone that could threaten the town or his leadership, did all those weird tests just for some hope he could cure his daughter, I really don't think he is that bad, he is working for the long term. Even though he now has an eye patch he really isn't a cliche villain.

#430 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -

MAN this episode was just boring

#431 Edited by TheHT (10880 posts) -

Well that was a fantastic episode. Dude that plays Morgan is a fantastic actor! Loved him in the first episode and he's even more saddening here.

#432 Posted by TooWalrus (13136 posts) -

Indeed, even the filler episodes in this season are miles ahead of what they were offering in season 2.

#433 Edited by Miketakon (513 posts) -

@theht said:

Well that was a fantastic episode. Dude that plays Morgan is a fantastic actor! Loved him in the first episode and he's even more saddening here.

I agree. Morgan's story about his wife and son was super depressing.

#434 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

@theht said:

Lennie James. He's pretty much excellent in everything.

#435 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

still terrible as ever, but yet i still watch. Oh Mad Men or Breaking Bad come back

#436 Posted by teh_destroyer (3561 posts) -

@miketakon said:

@theht said:

Lennie James. He's pretty much excellent in everything.

Yes, he was a character that I was wanting them to bring back.

#437 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Easily the best episode in what seems like forever.

#438 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Tonight's episode was amazing. Teared up when Morgan was describing what happened with his wife and son. As soon as I realized they were back in Rick's home town, I got really excited to see anything about what happened to Morgan, and I was not disappointed.

#439 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

My favorite episode of the season. Morgan's return was brilliant.

#440 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Tonight's episode was pretty interesting. Not having to pay attention to all the character's problems at the same time was refreshing, and I was happy to see Morgan again.

#441 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

The actor that plays Morgan was fantastic was super bummed when he didn't go back with them. Who ever write and directed this episode should just take over everything from here on out, that hitchhiker at the end was a nice touch. This episode just makes me want them to go on a road trip across America next season with different locations each episode.

#442 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

By far the best episode since the 1st season, at least IMO. Lennie James is such a great actor and when he was talking about his family I got goosebumps and almost teared up, and that takes alot for me to do from a movie/series. I agree with Bourbon_Warrior, whoever wrote this episode should continue writing every episode forward cause I haven't been this entertained and interested in a WD episode in a long while to be honest.

#443 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I thinks we should start a betting pool of the inevitable prison shootout that will be the season finale on who will die and how.

I'm betting in this order

1.Andrea (Killed by governer)

2. The Governer (Killed by Merle or Michonne)

3. Hershall (defending his youngest daughter and the baby from zombies)

#444 Edited by D0tti (786 posts) -

I thinks we should start a betting pool of the inevitable prison shootout that will be the season finale on who will die and how.

I don't care who kills her as long as she dies.

#445 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@d0tti said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

I don't care who kills her as long as she dies.

1. Andrea (Killed by The Baby)

#446 Edited by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

I liked that Michonne actually showed she's a human being for once in this episode, overall I really enjoyed it except for how they handled the guy on the road. How the fuck could they just leave him like that? (yea I know, zombies make people bad blah, blah, blah) but seriously that was just messed up.

#447 Edited by Conzed92 (166 posts) -

@jtb123 said:

I liked that Michonne actually showed she's a human being for once in this episode, overall I really enjoyed it except for how they handled the guy on the road. How the fuck could they just leave him like that? (yea I know, zombies make people bad blah, blah, blah) but seriously that was just messed up.

Totally one of the coldest moments on the show so far. Man, that just took my guts out. I could not stop thinking of what that lone guy has had to go through, and finally fate throws him some salvation, ONLY to have it driving off in the sunset, WITHOUT him. Truly one of the best, but terrifying scenes so far. I love that they brought Morgan back, especially in this ''Duane-died-I-became-batshit-insane'' kind of way. They come close in the comics, however they TV-series handled it in a way that really portrayed the severe emotional strains one would suffer, if so (un)lucky to survive for some time during a zombie apocalypse. Also the story of how Duane died just tore my heart out.

Pretty much loved the last episode, great little sub-plot in letting Carl and Michonne run of together. Would anyone agree with me that Chandler Riggs is improving his actor skills? Not to discredit the kid, but he was just not good in the first two seasons.

#448 Posted by TheHT (10880 posts) -

@jtb123:

Yeah, that was some stone cold shit.

@conzed92 said:

Would anyone agree with me that Chandler Riggs is improving his actor skills? Not to discredit the kid, but he was just not good in the first two seasons.

There was a part when he yelled a Michonne that was actually believable.

#449 Posted by Conzed92 (166 posts) -

@theht: Yeah, as said, he is getting better. Hopefully he will be good by the time we cross into season 4 :D

#450 Posted by Geralt (315 posts) -

This show knows how to end an episode. I'll give them that.

Against my better judgement, I keep coming back.