The "What I Should Eat for Dinner" Thread.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rexualhealing

I'm torn between making a sandwich, going to Taco Cabana, or, I dunno, give me some options.

If I make a sandwich it's free, I don't have to leave my house, etc, etc, I think we all know the advantages of eating a sandwich using things I have in the house already.

If I go to Taco Cabana... it's Taco Cabana. It kicks ass. I need to leave to go get cigarettes anyway, and I worked at a Starbucks on that side of town the other night and need to go pick up the tips I earned.

What are you going to eat for dinner? What should I eat for dinner? Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the What I Should Eat for Dinner thread.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Sandwich.

I ate a bowl or two of Honey Nut Cheerios for dinner.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Jayge said:
"Sandwich.

I ate a bowl or two of Honey Nut Cheerios for dinner."
I am checking to see if I have any. You put me in the mood.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I had some leftover beef stew and texas toast.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rexualhealing

Cereal sounds like fucking win. I hope we have millk.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

Taco Cabana is DISGUSTING, sir.  Gross, gross, gross.  Sandwiches are always good, but what KIND of a sandwich are we talking about?  How about a toasted sandwich, eh?  Here, I'll give you the instructions:

Ingredients:
(1) Loaf of Italian bread
(1) Container of seasoned salt
(1) Bottle of vegetable oil
Shredded Cheese (flavor of your liking, NY sharp cheddar and monterey jack are usually pretty tasty...and I recommend getting a block and grating the cheese with a feather grater)
Mozzarella (get a block of it and, again, feather grate it)
Meat of choice (ham, turkey, salami, whatever...but make sure it is THIN SLICED, DELI CUT)
Additional ingredients of your liking (black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, whatever)
(1) cookie sheet
Oven pre-heated to 250 degrees F

Alright, now here's what you do.

BEFORE YOU START MAKING THE SANDWICH:

1. Grab a small dish or container.  A bowl works fine if you would like, but I usually try to use a smaller dish like a sushi cup or even a shot glass.
  2. Pour some vegetable oil into your container.  Not a shitload, just enough for a basting mix.
  3. Mix in your seasoned salt.  You'll want it to be about 1 part seasoned salt to 3 parts oil.  Basically, if you put in 2 tbsp of salt, you need 6 tbsp of oil.
This is going to be for your seasoning mix for the sandwich.  Now, to make the sandwich:
  1. Cut your loaf of Italian bread in half or thirds, whichever way you like.  Then, split the bread like a Subway sandwich would be spread...so you can put the ingredients on it.
  2. Take a basting brush, or even a spoon will work, and pour some of your seasoned vegetable oil onto the bread where you will be placing your ingredients.  Spread it on the inside of your sandwich as best as you can on both parts of the bread.
  3. Add a thin layer of mozzarella to the bottom bread portion before you add your toppings on.  This is going to work as both a cheese flavoring and as a way of holding the sandwich together.
  4. Add your meat of choice by folding a piece in half, then placing it along the bottom.  Stack as high as you'd like them to be.
  5. Add your shredded cheese choice to the level of your liking.
  6. Add mozzarella cheese.  You'll want to make sure that you cover all your toppings to ensure that the top stays on the sandwich while baking.
  7. Place sandwich on cookie sheet and put into preheated oven.
  8. Allow 10-15 minutes for baking/toasting/melting.
  9. Pull sandwich out of oven once top of sandwich is toasty and crunchy.
Voila!  Tasty as hell beefy sandwich that should fill you up quite nicely.

For more cooking tips from jakob187, let me know.  I make a mean dish of breaded chicken breast with cheese sauce over cheesy noodles.  = D

As for "what is jakob187 having for dinner", the roommate is cooking up some pasta with meatballs and buttered garlic French bread with brownies as dessert.  = D  She's so fucking awesome!
rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rexualhealing

Jakob, that sandwich sounds amazing.

Unfortunately, it came a few minutes too late. I've got a plate of taquitos in the microwave.

Soon though. Actually, if i get hungry again later I'm going to make it, I have all the ingredients :D

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
rexualhealing said:
"Jakob, that sandwich sounds amazing.

Unfortunately, it came a few minutes too late. I've got a plate of taquitos in the microwave.

Soon though. Actually, if i get hungry again later I'm going to make it, I have all the ingredients :D"
I'm telling you, it's thoroughly amazing.  I might consider making some cooking videos and posting em up on Viddler for everyone to enjoy.  = D  That is, if there is a popular request for them.  I'm a damn fine cook, ladies and gents.
Taquitos are always good, sir.  ALWAYS good.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
jakob187 said:
"rexualhealing said:

Soon though. Actually, if i get hungry again later I'm going to make it, I have all the ingredients :D"
I'm telling you, it's thoroughly amazing.  I might consider making some cooking videos and posting em up on Viddler for everyone to enjoy.  = D  That is, if there is a popular request for them.  I'm a damn fine cook, ladies and gents.
"
You have to ask yourself one question:

Can you compete with Cooking With Dave?
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Snail

YOUR FACE!

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rexualhealing

I would watch Cooking with Jakob. Cooking shows are badass all the time.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jakob187
Jayge said:
"jakob187 said:
"rexualhealing said:

"
You have to ask yourself one question:

Can you compete with Cooking With Dave?"
WTF is Cooking With Dave?  I'ma go Google that shit real quick.
*EDIT*  OOOOOOMMMMMMFFFFFFFGGGGGG!!!!!  I WATCHED THE FISH N CHIPS EPISODE, AND I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!  MY FUCKING GOD, DAVE IS MY IDOL!!!!

I could NOT compete with Cooking with Dave.  However, I would drink beer while I was cooking.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By RetroIce4

Steak.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rexualhealing

Cooking with Dave is epic. That's all I have to say about that, also, now I want some haggis.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By StaticFalconar

Your idea of dinner is a sandwich? it better be at least a hot sandwich.

PS: Learn to cook

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rexualhealing
StaticFalconar said:
"PS: Learn to cook"
I plan to eventually, but today... wasn't feeling the cooking.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By teh_destroyer

I was to tired to make dinner when I got home from work.So i just popped in a Boston Markets Salisbury Steak TV dinner.Its pretty tasty and easy to "cook".