The Whole Blogging Thing And Some Craptastic Blogs!

Avatar image for deactivated-604f556fb6bf7
deactivated-604f556fb6bf7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Recently as you may or may not have known, I have started my own blog. I started blogging about games more specifically PC game since thats what I dabble in mainly. I searched around google for helpful tips to set up my blog, and there were plenty of online resources dedicated to this topic.

What I found a little sad was that there was also a bucket load of sites promising how you could make a million bucks with your blog in a couple of days(well not a million bucks but you get the point).

There was this one particular site where the author actually admits that his blog is about attracting people to his sites because they searched how to make money but didn't have anything there to help them. In other words, its just a decoy site aimed at luring visitors. The author profitted from these visitor by advertisements on his site.

Geez like since when was blogging such a cold and passionless hobby. The only passion bloggers seem to have is to earn lots of money! Now I know not all bloggers are like that BUT it would seem so if you were searching for blogs on google search.

What lifeless piece of jack asses! I dont begrudge people's need to earn a living but to put crap like that on the internet is just a little pathetic. Now stuff like that are things which i can ignore. And I do...but these other blogs just infuriate me.

Being a big fan of gaming, my blog as I have said is a gaming blog. So i get onto the internetz and put my site link on the forums I normally hang out. Reception has been mixed since most of the people who blog aren't big gamers. I was like WTH! I have managed to attract some gamers to my blog...no biggie.

Then I stumble unto postings on these forums that ask for link exchanges, and I go to their site and see stuff like...Download The End of Days Full Movie Rip. Like I'm pretty sure 20th century Fox didn't sign a deal with them. No one in the forums said a word.

Then there was another fella, god bless his soul, he posted a thread saying that he had a gaming blog, so me having a gaming blog myself was interested in checking it out. Lo and behold in the front page....COD4: Modern Warfare Rip on Rapidshare, and a whole host of warez! And he calls that a freakin' gaming blog!

His thread on the forum has 5 pages of reply...all of them didn't even say a thing about it. Some just said nice site! YEAH Nice site MY ASS! I probably should have posted...here's a site that would be glad to have a link to your site: www.infinityward.com

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently as you may or may not have known, I have started my own blog. I started blogging about games more specifically PC game since thats what I dabble in mainly. I searched around google for helpful tips to set up my blog, and there were plenty of online resources dedicated to this topic.

What I found a little sad was that there was also a bucket load of sites promising how you could make a million bucks with your blog in a couple of days(well not a million bucks but you get the point).

There was this one particular site where the author actually admits that his blog is about attracting people to his sites because they searched how to make money but didn't have anything there to help them. In other words, its just a decoy site aimed at luring visitors. The author profitted from these visitor by advertisements on his site.

Geez like since when was blogging such a cold and passionless hobby. The only passion bloggers seem to have is to earn lots of money! Now I know not all bloggers are like that BUT it would seem so if you were searching for blogs on google search.

What lifeless piece of jack asses! I dont begrudge people's need to earn a living but to put crap like that on the internet is just a little pathetic. Now stuff like that are things which i can ignore. And I do...but these other blogs just infuriate me.

Being a big fan of gaming, my blog as I have said is a gaming blog. So i get onto the internetz and put my site link on the forums I normally hang out. Reception has been mixed since most of the people who blog aren't big gamers. I was like WTH! I have managed to attract some gamers to my blog...no biggie.

Then I stumble unto postings on these forums that ask for link exchanges, and I go to their site and see stuff like...Download The End of Days Full Movie Rip. Like I'm pretty sure 20th century Fox didn't sign a deal with them. No one in the forums said a word.

Then there was another fella, god bless his soul, he posted a thread saying that he had a gaming blog, so me having a gaming blog myself was interested in checking it out. Lo and behold in the front page....COD4: Modern Warfare Rip on Rapidshare, and a whole host of warez! And he calls that a freakin' gaming blog!

His thread on the forum has 5 pages of reply...all of them didn't even say a thing about it. Some just said nice site! YEAH Nice site MY ASS! I probably should have posted...here's a site that would be glad to have a link to your site: www.infinityward.com

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I'm not really sure what you're trying to express in this blog...but ok.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By serbsta
Kush said:
"I'm not really sure what you're trying to express in this blog...but ok."
LOL.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Kazona
Kush said:
"I'm not really sure what you're trying to express in this blog...but ok."
Try reading his post? lol

I totally agree with you, there are way too many people out there who get into blogging for the sake of putting ads on their site in order to earn a quick buck. And why no one locked that thread which linked to a site containing illegal download links is beyond me. You'd think that at least one moderator would've clicked the link and go, "hmm.. promoting illegal downloads. I should probably lock this."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My point was that a lot of people who were into blogging cared more about ads and increasing their traffic. Not about writing what they like or are passionate about.

Oh and the frustration of reading a so called gaming blog that actually was a warez site. Shocking!

To  Kazona : You'd be surprised how many forums out there that dont mind having threads like that pop up. They are not warez forum but they don't seem to realise there's anything wrong with it.

Anyone with similar frustrations? Found some other Crappy blogs?