The Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

xlab3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xlab3000

Talk about your favorite YGO characters, cards, & decks. My favorite deck is the Zombiesworn Pendulums OTK. Talk about the your favorite series too. You can download YGOPro. There are different versions of YGOPro such as DevPro, YGOPro Percy, YGOPro Dawn of a New Era, JackPro & Bandai Pro. The last 4 have anime cards but not enough players. DevPro has the most players out of all of them. I recommend downloading DevPro out of all of them. The YGOPro's ave tag duels btw. You can play on Dueling Network too. You can talk about the latest updates about YGO too.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

I have not collected in years, but here is my stack of Yugioh cards in sleeves that i still have all these years later (i recently found my binder). I only got into in cause my buddy got into it. He and my cousin were pretty much the only people I "dueled". It was a alright time killer

Yugioh is pretty dumb.

Some Legit Sleeves son
Some Legit Sleeves son

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably stopped collecting by the time the first season of characters changed. It was a fun game, but I just get the impression that it's become super complicated. Good for you for keeping up on it though.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Anything I remember about Yu-Gi-Oh has been tainted by the Abridged series, unsurprisingly.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SomberOwl

The first season was the best easily. I stopped watching after like the 3rd or 4th season. I still have my deck from like 10 years ago.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I probably stopped collecting by the time the first season of characters changed. It was a fun game, but I just get the impression that it's become super complicated. Good for you for keeping up on it though.

I would definitely say that they progressed too far too fast. Became far too convoluted.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Sadly I got rid of most of my cards. I still have my deck though if I want to play it with my buddies still.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Yu-Gi-Oh thread? Been so long I don't know what I can add to it.

A YGOTAS thread? Now that I could talk about for days. LittleKuriboh is a genius.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I got rid of all my cards years ago, gave them to my young cousin. I still play some of the old games once in awhile for nostalgia's sake.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#10  Edited By tearhead

Ah, the wasted years between 13 and 15 where I was really into Yu-Gi-Oh! Good thing my hormones kicked in and I quit that bad habit and turned to more pressing matters like getting a girlfriend and having stupid teenage fun.

Don't get me wrong, I loved playing Yu-Gi-Oh! but if I ever have a son, I'll make sure they don't go deep into the woman repellent that is collectable card games.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Never played the card game. I did play Falsebound Kingdom though. It's shit.

mageemagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tearhead: this was totally my experience as well haha

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tearhead said:

Ah, the wasted years between 13 and 15 where I was really into Yu-Gi-Oh! Good thing my hormones kicked in and I quit that bad habit and turned to more pressing matters like getting a girlfriend and having stupid teenage fun.

Don't get me wrong, I loved playing Yu-Gi-Oh! but if I ever have a son, I'll make sure they don't go deep into the woman repellent that is collectable card games.

Avatar image for tabloidfootprints
Tabloidfootprints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The time between when I watched the anime and when I watched the abridged version was so long that now I only remember the latter. I never really played much, but I still keep this little book-thing of cards around:

No Caption Provided

YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I mean, there's really only one reason to pay attention to Yugioh:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Video_Game_King
Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I remember watching the show and playing with the cards as a kid. It was fun enough at the time. I sort of wish I still had a few of them for novelty's sake. Somehow my Pokemon cards survived the childhood purge intact though.

I actually went back not too long ago to watch a couple episodes of the show on Hulu and... man does it not hold up.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Hunter5024

I've already told my story about stealing Yugioh cards on this site before, so I won't go into that again. Let's say I've enjoyed some Yugioh in my day though. I never regularly watched the show, I didn't have the patience to watch a single duel play out over the course of a whole month. The card game itself was my jam though, however my interest in that waxed and waned over the years. In the end I think it just morphed into a big scam, or maybe it always was and I just didn't notice because I didn't pay for them. Hard to say. I still watch new episodes of Yugioh abridged though.

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's time to D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL.

I was kind of into Yu-Gi-Oh!, despite being out of the intended age range for it. I was an exchange student in Japan when I came across the show for the first time and was, like, "What the hell? Why are they fighting on the outside of a blimp? Are those cards? Holy shit that one guy just killed the other guy." Played the hell out of a couple of the GBA games but never really progressed much beyond that.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I used to really like this game but never really had anyone to play with so I just collected the cards, I've still got boxes full of them (and Pokémon cards too). I'd get into it in waves where I was super into it and then fall off again. Usually I'd try and catch up on the show but they simply keep making them too quickly for me to catch up. I'm sure there is still some appeal to it, but don't think I have the urge to go back again (at least, not unless I found someone else who was into it).

I will say though, that for all the raving and nostalgia people have for the original show; that first season is atrocious (in English and Japanese - not talking about Season Zero which has its own unpolished charm). Towards the end of that series with Yugi as the main character was actually quite annoying to watch in the end - I've always felt they botched the Ancient Egypt season.

It was at the point where they started to really push on the God Cards that I turned to the GX series hoping for some stupid fun. And I have to say, the final 3 series of that show (in Japanese - I can't stand the English voice actors) were actually very good. The story of Judai got incredibly dark (much more than even that Season Zero stuff); It was actually pretty intense. I wonder what people would have made of that show without 4Kids Editing of it, and the standard first season (and pretty lackluster second season). If anyone ever gets the urge to go back and see what they missed, don't forget GX: in my opinion, it totally outclasses the original show in both aim and delivery.

As for the rest, I watched the first season and the first half of the second season of 5D's and actually really liked it. I was watching in Japanese and happened to have my last big Yugioh wave just as this show's second season was coming out in Japan. The set up for the characters was great and it seemed to have one of the strongest starts of any of the first 3 series. But once I had to wait a week or whatever to keep up, eventually my urge waned again and I fell off of it (also, I thought the whole motorcycle thing - while cool looking - was getting old fast - though they did seem to be trying to do something new with it). I might eventually go back and see how that series turned out but I'll leave that for another day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I've got this problem where every so often I get the urge to re-watch the anime and start playing the card game. Fortunately for my wallet, I've no one to play the CCG against so that halts the actual CCG urge right in it's tracks but the day I meet someone to play the CCG against or a similar CCG such as Magic or Pokemon (similar in the sense that I have the urge to play and invest time and money into the game) could be an expensive one indeed.