Theme Hospital has been reinvented:

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thomasriis1987

Hi everybody! (guess it’s nostalgic time)

Here you can really see the difference. Top: old TH Buttom: Corsix

Today I dug up my copy of Theme Hospital, it’s been years since I’ve open an old (and loveable huge) gamebox and I was really scared that this game possibly would not work on my new PC. Well, it didn’t but I discovered something I would like to share with you guys.

First; I’m running 64bit Windows 7 and when I try to run the game, it brings up an error (typical shit) which informs me that I can’t install the game. The solution to this problem was simple though, I just had to copy the content from the CD to a directory on my hard disc.

Now it was running, but the colors were all fucked up and psychedelic so my search throughout the internet began and I quickly managed to find a solution… A freakin’ great one, I have to say!

It’s called: Corsix TH

Some open-source guy called Corsix have worked together with a team and created a launcher for the game which basically makes the game playable in Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. You can get really high resolutions now and that’s the single greatest thing (besides it being able to run without DOSbox) about this launcher.  Other than that, you get a lot of languages to choose from now and the menu is totally redesigned.

Now, there are some stuff which is buggy. I for an example, experienced a crash with some memory problems in the game. I also noticed that the other (AI) hospitals in the game no longer gains any progress (that’s not that important) and the statistics button hasn’t been enabled – BUT! This is the 6 beta and they are still working on it. Actually it's no more than two days ago that it went from the 5 beta to the 6.

The last thing to mention is that the cutscenes and the “level board animation” has been removed, but heck, that doesn’t matter – I get to play at my desired resolution, and that's pretty cool.

Well, I went from just want to try the game again, to getting a whole new experience! Thanks Corsix, you really made my day and hopefully some of yours too!

I love you all!

Have a fantastic day or night! (insert: Chronic Nosehair, Uncommon Cold, King Complex, Bloaty Head and a Slack Tongue Clinique)

The Launcher can be found right HERE

You guys should follow me, it's fun!
thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By thomasriis1987

Hi everybody! (guess it’s nostalgic time)

Today I dug up my copy of Theme Hospital, it’s been years since I’ve open an old (and loveable huge) gamebox and I was really scared that this game possibly would not work on my new PC. Well, it didn’t but I discovered something I would like to share with you guys.

First; I’m running 64bit Windows 7 and when I try to run the game, it brings up an error (typical shit) which informs me that I can’t install the game. The solution to this problem was simple though, I just had to copy the content from the CD to a directory on my hard disc.

Now it was running, but the colors were all fucked up and psychedelic so my search throughout the internet began and I quickly managed to find a solution… A freakin’ great one, I have to say!

It’s called: Corsix TH

Some open-source guy called Corsix have worked together with a team and created a launcher for the game which basically makes the game playable in Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. You can get really high resolutions now and that’s the single greatest thing (besides it being able to run without DOSbox) about this launcher.  Other than that, you get a lot of languages to choose from now and the menu is totally redesigned.

Now, there are some stuff which is buggy. I for an example, experienced a crash with some memory problems in the game. I also noticed that the other (AI) hospitals in the game no longer gains any progress (that’s not that important) and the statistics button hasn’t been enabled – BUT! This is the 6 beta and they are still working on it. Actually it's no more than two days ago that it went from the 5 beta to the 6.

The last thing to mention is that the cutscenes and the “level board animation” has been removed, but heck, that doesn’t matter – I get to play at my desired resolution, and that's pretty cool.

Well, I went from just want to try the game again, to getting a whole new experience! Thanks Corsix, you really made my day and hopefully some of yours too!

I love you all!

Have a fantastic day or night! (insert: Chronic Nosehair, Uncommon Cold, King Complex, Bloaty Head and a Slack Tongue Clinique)

The Launcher can be found right HERE

You guys should follow me, it's fun!
thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By thomasriis1987

I forgot to mention that i'm playing the game in 1600 x 900 :)
KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By KarlPilkington

I NEED A CRASH CART, STAT! 

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TwoLines

Ooh! I love Theme Hospital!
I'll check it out, thanks!

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Ramone

This brings back a lot of good memories.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Sambambo

Downloading now, what res does it go up to?

EDIT: I thought it was a free version of the game... Why would I have kept the disk for 14 years?

Back to the football.

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thomasriis1987
@SuperSambo:
sorry dude, it's not freeware yet (i guess)... 
I'm Sure you can get a digital version for almost no money at all,.... somewhere out there on the net
... maybe GOG.com?
Khemitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Khemitude
@SuperSambo said:
"Why would I have kept the disk for 14 years? "
Because it's Theme Hospital thats why! I still have my PS1 copy of it somewhere.
thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thomasriis1987
@Khemitude:
good point ;)
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Xeiphyer

Man I fucking loved Theme Hospital! I wish they would make games like that again =P