There is a new Cloverfield movie coming out

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Its called 10 Cloverfield Lane. Its stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman, and is directed by the guy who did Portal: No Escape. Also its not found footage.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hmmm. Maybe I will see this. I thought the last one was fine but like, fine for streaming on Netflix or something. Not something I would need to pay cinema prices to see. But if the hype is good then I can be swayed.

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely interested! Surprised it looks as good as it does!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Is it a different monster? If so, don't actually show it. That ruined the original movie for me; I genuinely laughed when they first showed the monster :|

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

Didn't like the original Cloverfield, but holy shit that's an awesome trailer.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on that small percentage of people who really enjoyed Cloverfield, but I wish this was a new movie with no relation to Cloverfield. I'm sick and tired of sequels and "cinematic universes".

The trailer looks good though, it's the first full-length movie from the director of that awesome Portal short from a few years ago and both Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman are good actors.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

It looks really good, I mean for what the trailer showed/teased anyways. Think I'm with @johnymyko though, wish this was it's own thing, I mean the trailer does a good job of setting up a mystery, but... isn't the reveal spoiled by the original movie? She'll just be looking at monsters that are the same/equivalent of the monster/it's little parasite buddies from the first, o-okay? Why is that the mystery of the thing? Given that it is, I mean I guess it could be something else, but it's a sequel to the first, so... it wont be right? It's just weird. That being said, if it's good it's good, sequel or not, and it looks good, Goodman is always great in everything all of the time.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Blair Witch 2 all over again.

Alright, maybe the movie will be good.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloverfield 2: Humans are the real monsters

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on that small percentage of people who really enjoyed Cloverfield, but I wish this was a new movie with no relation to Cloverfield. I'm sick and tired of sequels and "cinematic universes".

The trailer looks good though, it's the first full-length movie from the director of that awesome Portal short from a few years ago and both Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman are good actors.

Cloverfield was pretty well received as I recall. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Saw a preview screening and the crowd was super into it.

Seems like this take place during the monster attack timeline. Maybe those parasite things that dropped off the creature are attacking the bunker. Maybe a new threat we didn't see the first time around. Regardless, I like the looks of this.

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I've heard that the location in the trailer might not necessarily be earth...

I dunno if that's true or not, but that would make some amount of sense. Good trailer though. My favorite thing about the first movie was the mystery of not knowing what was really going on. The trailer captures that pretty well.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I enjoyed Cloverfield. This looks promising.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like Cloverfield, and i was curious when this project showed up as "Valencia" a few days ago.

Weird Name for the Movie though, it either spoils the big mystery ("There are monsters outside, i guess") or can really only be attached to Cloverfield by the Name (different style, different story, pretty much different genre)

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

First one was real bad to me.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa said:

It's not just you. The first one was SyFy original movie levels of bad.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa said:

There must be some really good SyFy movies that I've never seen then.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#17  Edited By sammo21

No complaints from me. I loved the original Cloverfield. The first one was not SyFy original movies level of bad, I mean...unless you've never actually seen a SyFy movie and you're simply "internet meming" it...then sure, everything is. They said back when they finished the first one that they had the idea for a sequel but it would be something different.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Wow. WOW. This actually looks really great from the trailer. John Goodman could get me to see anything.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sounds great. I liked 92% of Cloverfield.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Cloverfield was rad.

What a refreshing change to have a movie marketed in this way. Just dropped on audiences the way it is.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It looks cool! Some people are probably pissy about it not being a direct sequel (that is shot pov), but I'm glad it isn't. Makes it much more interesting to me.

Napstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this movie will be spiritual successor and not a "actual" sequel.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back when the first one came out Abrams was talking about how he envisioned it as more of an anthology series, like exploring the same events as the first film from a different perspective, maybe they are making good on that?

Either way I was one of the lunatics breaking down trailers frame by frame and freaking out over the dude wearing a slusho shirt so yea I'm 100% in for this.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the original Cloverfield was fine. My feelings aren't too strong either way. I'm a big sucker of single-location episodes and movies though, so this immediately appeals to me. That said, the entire indoor section could be 5% or 95% of the movie. I'm interested though, it seems like an interesting take on the giant monster flick.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oldenglishc

@oldenglishc said:
@atwa said:

There must be some really good SyFy movies that I've never seen then.

I'm honestly shocked that people legitimately liked this movie. I'm all on in on the concept of giant monster movies, but Cloverfield didn't have a single redeeming quality. Not even in a "so bad it's good" way.

(And Mansquito is a pretty great SyFy original.)

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just wanted a slushy dammit - didn't mean to ruin the entire oceanic ecosystem.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless of how related it is to the original (which I was a big fan of), this looks really good. Pretty pumped.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I'm honestly surprised most about people assuming this is a direct sequel.

Because the moment I saw this trailer, my mind instantly went "OK, so Cloverfield isn't a monster movie, it's a franchise for JJ's off-brand series of Twilight Zone films."

I loved Cloverfield but I truly think this'll have nothing to do with that movie other than a similar tone/sci-fi ideas. And I love that idea.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Looks good! I enjoyed the original, but this looks substantially different.

Cloverfield Gaiden.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By jakob187

I'm interested to see what this movie is even about. Why are these three people locked up together? Why does Goodman seem like he's a psychopath? Why does MEW slam him in the head and run for the exit?

Hell, is this trailer just the beginning few minutes of the movie all around?

I was more entranced with the marketing campaign of Cloverfield than the movie itself, although the flick is fine. Nothing great about it, but it's totally watchable.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Cloverfield is awesome.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is awesome.

John Goodman is awesome.

That trailer is cool.

I see no problems with his.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#32 jeanluc  Staff

I'm excited at this purely cause its being directed by Dan Trachtenberg. Anyone else Totally Rad Show fans?

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@jeanluc said:

I'm excited at this purely cause its being directed by Dan Trachtenberg. Anyone else Totally Rad Show fans?

Oh shit, he's finally making a feature film. I remember when he had to be silent about Hellboy 2(?) because he worked on some of the promotional material for it. Good for him.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing trailer. Really looking forward to this

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Brackstone

That trailer was pretty great.

One thing I heard though, and it may or may not be true, is that this movie was made into a Cloverfield film in post-production, but was originally filmed as something completely unrelated. Again, not sure if it's true, but I'm I'm excited nonetheless.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I'm correct, I think this will be more of an anthology thing, where "Cloverfield" is more of a name to encase the stories within the mythos.

MrPlatitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My feelings are super mixed about Cloverfield, but this trailer is super interesting, plus what a great crew of actors. Only JJ would announce a movie a couple months before it comes out.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was so hyped for that first Cloverfield movie. They did a great job with their viral marketing campaign. It lead to the craziest fan theories prior to release, along many great mockups of what the monster could actually end up looking like ...
Needless to say the final product didn't manage to deliver.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Definitely feeling nostalgic seeing this. Cloverfield was the first movie that I got truly sucked into the viral marketing with and because of that I was insanely hyped for that movie when it came out. This looks like it could be really good and it has a great cast. Sign me up!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ripelivejam

First Cloverfield was rad and quite the experience. And I thought the monster design was cool/creepy. I only sort of wanted to throw up once during it!