#1 Edited by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

This is not about real life stuff people... this topic is going to be about the shows. Movies, video games/other that we all watched/read/played when we were children but are unable to do so now due to multiple reasons. (None having to do with growing up.)

When I was a kid, I always rented out the weirdest fucking movies from the local movie rental place... which did shut down about 3 years back... which sucks a lot because they were awesome and had a amazing VHS collection including a shitton of Godzilla movies I always rented out.

The was ONE movie which I watched that I honestly think may have put long term trauma due to how WTF it was.

That movie was Epic: Day of the dinosaurs. Here is the ONLY video proof that it existed that I know of.

It was a weird fucking movie I really want to see again. It was about two kids, being raised by wild dingo's. After a storm carried off many of the pups... well... to their deaths which they showed them DROWNING. The kids went off on a journey. I don't remember the middle part of it. BUT, I do remember the mind fuck of a ending it had that continues to fuck with me. At the end, the kids start whooping and howling suddenly. As a lightning strikes in the back ground and the screen goes white, the two kids turned into dingo's on a still frame... then, credits...

WTF was that... seriously, I just want to see this movie again just so I can confirm I didn't make this up in my mind when I was a kid or something. It was fucking insane. Also, this promo made me feel very old. The funny thing is. I think this may have been some kind of import movie or something from Australia. This movie and most of the other weird ones all had these same promo's of either this stuff or third rate movies based on the land before time. (Not the sequels, I mean actual rip offs.) Australia seems weird.

The other is missing the month of Miyazaki on cartoon Network because my parents always forced me to watch Survivor on Saturdays when I visited due to helping them get groceries... I am still quite angry over the fact because I missed ALL of them!!! FUCKING DAMMIT!

... Why can't Cartoon Network show these again... I really REALLY want to see these movies again...

What childhood things did you miss and or see that you just want to go through all over again.

#2 Edited by falserelic (5278 posts) -

I want to relive the time where I was with all 3 of my brothers. Before 1 of my brothers passed away. We would all have fun watching T'V shows. Such as Martin, fresh price of bel air, sister sister, power rangers, dbz all types of shows. Thinking about it brings back good memories and makes me sad.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (35828 posts) -

All that dinosaur video made me want is that old Dinosaurs show back. I don't know why. I can't explain it.

#4 Posted by BaneFireLord (2907 posts) -

I want to play Lego Rock Raiders for the PC again, but I lost my disc and it doesn't run on Windows7 anyway.

#5 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Innocence.

#6 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

All the first paragraph qualifiers negated any sort of reply I had for this tread jus sayin

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Lunar_Aura said:

All the first paragraph qualifiers negated any sort of reply I had for this tread jus sayin

Same. : (

#9 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

you do know you can just buy nausicaa right

#10 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

@GenocidalKitten said:

This doesn't fit in with the first paragraph qualifiers ( you really should change those Jay) but, does anyone remember a show where cartoon sharks would.... solve crime or something I can't remember what it was called and it's driving me insane.

I think the main shark was called Shamoo? Someone help me!

Sharkey and George?

#11 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Nausicaa of the Wind.....  I remember watching it when I was probably 3 or 4 but then that movie is a blur to me now.  

#13 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

Oreo O's, the greatest goddamn cereal on the planet. Squeezits, really, only because I loved twisting the top off. And Nick GAS.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (14519 posts) -

Nothing because everything you thought was awesome as a kid is most likely shit in reality.

#15 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

All that dinosaur video made me want is that old Dinosaurs show back. I don't know why. I can't explain it.

If you mean this, then I'm on board. That's actually the the first thing that came to my mind.

#16 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

Banjo-Kazooie.

#17 Posted by Clonedzero (4043 posts) -

exo-squad.

fuck yeahhhh

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (35828 posts) -

@GenocidalKitten said:

This doesn't fit in with the first paragraph qualifiers ( you really should change those Jay) but, does anyone remember a show where cartoon sharks would.... solve crime or something I can't remember what it was called and it's driving me insane.

Jabberjaw?

#19 Posted by Clonedzero (4043 posts) -

@GenocidalKitten said:

Street sharks.

#20 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Mighty Max

#21 Posted by InsiderGamer (58 posts) -

Just watched Fast Forward: Making of ReBoot. Man, I can't believe how good the first CG televison series happened to turn out. Re-watching a lot of the episodes on YouTube ...again.

#23 Posted by MikkaQ (10263 posts) -

Not a whole lot. I mean I was a child 10 years ago, so it's all pretty accessible still.

#24 Posted by Clonedzero (4043 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Mighty Max

oh fuck yeah, mighty max was awesome.

#26 Edited by Clonedzero (4043 posts) -

oh god, 90's cartoons man.

batman the animated series is obviosuly the best.

gargoyles.

exosquad

conan the adventurer (the really awful cartoon but man i loved it)

animaniacs and in honor of that, i'll post the best song ever.

seriously, as a kid i tried so hard to memorize that song lol

i fucking loved cartoons as a kid. so i know TONS of 90's cartoons :o

#27 Posted by Slay3r1583 (599 posts) -

Where the hell are my Bionic Six DVD sets? I've got most of my favorites from my childhood except this.

#28 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -
@Cloudenvy

@Lunar_Aura said:

Same. : (

Yeah, same with me. Seeing all the amazing people I grew up with, for example, is way more important to me than any movie, book or game I saw/read/played.
#29 Posted by thebeastwithtwobacks (140 posts) -

man. The Redwall books jump immediately to mind. brian jacques you're my only friend

#30 Posted by Turambar (6640 posts) -

You guys know there are ways to watch all the shows being brought up, right?

#32 Posted by Zleunamme (647 posts) -

All the episodes of Captain Power on blue-ray. That show was ahead of it's time in 1987. Unfortunately the toy line did not sell very well. Sci-fi tv shows were expensive to produce in those days. I wouldn't mind if it came back in some fashion.

#33 Posted by Timnoldzim (86 posts) -

Lemmings! That was my favorite game of all time as a kid, and sadly my computer is now too young to play it. Sony owns the rights now, and it looks like I'll need to get a PSP to play it again.

#34 Edited by Ben_H (3294 posts) -

For cartoons, this: 

and this: 
  I also want the music from back then back. Modern music is complete garbage. And the games, there's so little innovation in modern games, just gimmicks added onto a system that's been done before.  The games I find I actually like these days are ones that remind me of games from my childhood. Indie games seem to do a good job of that. 

edit: OH SNAP I FORGOT ABOUT THIS 

#35 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5056 posts) -

I'm confused. Are you saying you want new of those things or do you want to experience those old things again. Cause the latter you cana use the internet for.

#36 Posted by LikeaSsur (1487 posts) -

A good Sonic game that I could play every day and still not be bored of it.

I know this will never happen.

#37 Posted by smitty86 (697 posts) -

I'm going to ignore all the qualifiers and say what I really want to say: my 8th grade English teacher, Ms. Yaikos.

#38 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5056 posts) -

@Turambar said:

You guys know there are ways to watch all the shows being brought up, right?

Here's some footage of this thing. If only I can find footage of this thing that I showed you footage of.

#39 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Peace.

#40 Posted by VierasTalo (645 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

That movie was Epic: Day of the dinosaurs.

Huh, I totally have that on my PC. It's completely fucked up, combining live-action footage with animated lizards. The whole thing is based on Australian folklore, I think. It starts with some evil spirit drowning a shitload of little children or something, just really weird stuff. The VHS is selling for absurd prices on eBay.

#41 Posted by familyphotoshoot (652 posts) -
#42 Posted by NeVeRMoRe666 (262 posts) -

@GenocidalKitten: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqGQyMF5a_0

Here ya go! :)

#43 Posted by NeVeRMoRe666 (262 posts) -

@NeVeRMoRe666: Whoops too late!

#44 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -
#45 Posted by rachelepithet (1329 posts) -

Daddy hitting mommy

#46 Posted by Blunt (59 posts) -

Strangers offering me free candy.

#47 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

Offering Blunt free candy.

#48 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

@Ben_H: I loved those shows. Along with Darkwing Duck and Gummi Bears.

@Clonedzero: ANIMANIACS!! Ohh I loved that show. I just bought season 1 box set on dvd. The states song and the presidents song really got me through middle school geography and history haha!