• 154 results
#1 Edited by DarthOrange (3495 posts) -

For me it is people who say "begs the question" when what they mean is "raises the question."

It irritates me to no end. I have seen it happen like seven times on these forums this week and it also happens with the editors on IGN all the time. Now typos, typos I don't mind because I often have a shit ton of them, especially when I am using the site on a mobile device. But "begs the question" does not even mean what some people think it means. At all. So those of you who do this, please stop. Do it for philosophers and logicians everywhere. Please?

http://begthequestion.info/

So, what tiny insignificant thing pisses off you duders way more then it should?

#2 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1681 posts) -

I've never even seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but just seeing her makes me physically angry.

#3 Edited by churrific (457 posts) -

Your vs. you're.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

5 Hour Energy commercial.

"What is Fi-"

"NOOPE!" *changes channel immediately*

#5 Posted by Ezakael (864 posts) -

"I could care less"

So....You DO care?

#6 Edited by eskimo (459 posts) -

than/then

masterfully done..

#7 Posted by probablytuna (3442 posts) -

"Hardcore, casual, core gamers". Fuck all these terms.

#8 Posted by Clonedzero (3719 posts) -

in RPGs. Quest items being stuck in your inventory the entire fucking game.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD I HOLD ONTO SIR JACKOFF SIDEQUESTS JOURNAL BOOK THE ENTIRE GAME UGH.

Like it drives me insane. Don't lock fucking items in my inventory. If they're merely for quests and dont add weight or anything, make them invisible items that dont appear in my inventory. or do the remarkably smart dragons dogma route where if you lose a quest item you can go to a black market dude and make a forgery.

I fucking HATE quest locked items, or hell locked items in my inventory at all. It bugs me so much. Ive deleted multiple 20+ hour characters in RPGs and started over merely cus i completed a quest that didnt remove the item from my inventory and had no way of removing it afterwards forever tainting that character.

#9 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4429 posts) -

Politics.

Shitty sitcoms that do really well.

#10 Posted by Unilad (479 posts) -

People who HAVE to watch TV when eating.

#11 Posted by tkalsey (152 posts) -

idiots

#12 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -

Emoticons, putting "haahahahahaha" or "LOL" excessively. I can't think of anything else at the moment but that's mainly because I am exhausted and can only think of digital annoyances.

#13 Posted by Tylea002 (2291 posts) -

All Things.

#14 Posted by ArbitraryWater (10999 posts) -

I've never even seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but just seeing her makes me physically angry.

SO MOE. also I have never seen that anime either. Given the number of anime loli avatars we have floating around these forums, I'm sure someone could tell you if that rage is misplaced or not.

Also, I get irrationally upset when I see people putting too much food on their (real or metaphorical) plates and then proceeding to throw away the rest after only eating part of it. I don't understand why.

#15 Edited by mlarrabee (2759 posts) -

Persons who honk their vehicle's horn in irritation infuriate me.

#16 Edited by Picsl (201 posts) -

Grammatical errors tend to annoy me way more than they should. Also, people who don't use punctuation/use punctuation incorrectly; it's not that hard.

People who get all up in arms about others grammatical errors also piss me off.

#17 Posted by BeachThunder (11260 posts) -

Your vs. you're.

there/their/they're
it's/its
apostrophe's used in plural's

#18 Edited by JamesJeux007 (454 posts) -
@ezakael said:

"I could care less"

So....You DO care?

Nailed it.

@soldierg654342: I watched the anime when it came out and it's actually pretty good. It kinda felt like it was to anime what Saints Row is to GTA (probably the worst analogy, but it's all I have). I agree with you though, I have no idea what the heck was up with the craziness surrounding it.

Personally, I really hate it when people talk about something without knowing anything about it, or based on someone else's opinion. You know what ? If you wanna say Twilight is a piece of crap, I am not going to disagree with you, but please at least have an informed opinion. I have read all 4 books, I can tell you how and why it sucks (and sometimes doesn't). Do your research.

Oh, and Jack 2.

#19 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3479 posts) -

@churrific said:

Your vs. you're.

there/their/they're

it's/its

apostrophe's used in plural's

The greengrocer's apostrophe.

#20 Posted by Zaccheus (1770 posts) -

@jamesjeux007: Oh David Mitchell – you magnificent pedantic bastard.

#21 Posted by GunstarRed (4728 posts) -

Dolphins.

#22 Posted by BeachThunder (11260 posts) -

Dolphins.

WHAT HAVE DOLPHINS EVER DONE TO YOU!?

#23 Edited by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

people who get pissed off about shit they have no interest in and have to tell people every time how little they care about something EVERY FUCKING TIME

#24 Posted by Zleunamme (609 posts) -
  • People changing lanes without using a turn signal.
  • People exiting the freeway at the last possible minute while you are exiting.
  • QTE for every little interaction: Resident Evil 6.
  • Using the XMB -for PS3-to quit out a game to switch to another game in some HD collections.
  • Fox News, politics in general.
#25 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2993 posts) -

I fucking hate it when people have bad spelling and grammar.

#26 Edited by casper_ (882 posts) -

i think i get unreasonably annoyed with people using their phones/checking facebook/tweeting/whatever in public or social situations in general.

like i was having lunch with a friend recently and he took a phone call (not an "i'll call you back" but a conversation) at the table and i seriously considered walking out. i still think its incredibly rude but its also just a pretty standard part of our culture now so i'll learn to get over it.

#27 Edited by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -
@ezakael said:

"I could care less"

So....You DO care?

YES. I hate "could care less" (and anyone who defends it) with the fury of a thousand suns.

#29 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

You did the thing that annoys me right in the title of your thread. It's than, not then. WTF HOW CAN ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF 9 GET THAT WRONG. SERIOUSLY.

#30 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

bandwagoners. I just lose hope in humanity whenever I see a person drop a sudden fake smile to blend in with the group, or someone who has the "right, guys?!" attitude, and because he's being loud, they actually agree with him and start laughing or whatever.

I dream of a human society where people behave as they really think and feel, and not keep sucking each other's dicks in social get togethers.

I appreciate and understand the human nature's tendency to feel like you belong to a group, the good old 'we-feeling' or 'we-ness' that scholars talk about, but not like this, not like this.

#31 Posted by JJWeatherman (14483 posts) -

@jk3107: My biggest issue with punctuation is people's insistence on using something because they can, and not because it's truly the best way to punctuate their words.

Lots of things with words bother me, but then I'm strange.

#32 Posted by twigger89 (275 posts) -

Use of the term ya'll, I can't stand it.

When people think if they believe in their opinion strong enough it somehow becomes a fact.

#33 Edited by kerse (2037 posts) -

AI controlled party members in any game that requires them to do more than just shoot at something, and even then sometimes they're not good.

#34 Posted by Marcsman (2873 posts) -

People wearing sweatpants in public. Just annoys me for no good reason.

#35 Edited by BigDaddy81 (310 posts) -

People who get overly annoyed at incorrect grammar, punctuation, and/or spelling in forum posts. Especially when this site has a sizable international community that includes countries that do not have English as their native language. Not to mention the fact that many people type while on their phones or tablets which can lead to the occasional error. As long as one can discern the meaning of their post reasonably well, then it's good enough. It's a video game forum people. We're not typing out a college essay or a doctoral thesis here.

#36 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -
#37 Edited by cheishxc (92 posts) -

Nickelback

Comic sans

Beer snobs

Apple fanboys

There are many, many others. I'm often angry for no reason.

#38 Posted by AjayRaz (12389 posts) -
#39 Edited by wrecks (2125 posts) -

Beets. Fuck Beets. Oh, and the Internet.

#40 Edited by Nezza (312 posts) -

People who pluralise Lego to 'Legos'.

Stop it. Seriously, even the manufacture put a page on their website clarifying this.

#41 Posted by Kteven (51 posts) -

Food or drink packets that have text in first person perspective. Shit like Innocent smoothies "I'm good for you and the environment. When you have finished drinking me, make sure you recycle me. i don's want to be litter"

Go fuck yourself inanimate object. I will draw a face on you just so I can punch it.

#42 Edited by ignatz27 (24 posts) -

@nezza said:

People who pluralise Lego to 'Legos'.

Stop it. Seriously, even the manufacture put a page on their website clarifying this.

Wow, this isn't an issue I've ever given any thought to, but that company message has given me a new determination to always refer to Legos as Legos

#43 Posted by 49th (2542 posts) -

"It is what it is."

No shit.

#44 Edited by TyCobb (1924 posts) -

Just call it an ATM; "machine" is in the name! Same thing with PIN.

"Could care less" as mentioned above.

People who put the dollar sign on the right (wrong) side of the number (1$). Sorry, but if I can put your currency symbol on the right, you can put mine on the left. Pretty sure I have seen people from America do the same thing which is sad. I have also seen people try and use the cents symbol and end up doing ¢99 instead of 99¢. Sometimes they also like to add an arbitrary decimal to beginning of the number which would lead me to believe that it is less than a single penny. Dollars on the left; cents on the right and no decimal point!. Thank you and you're welcome.

#45 Posted by Shirogane (3559 posts) -

@soldierg654342 said:

SO MOE. also I have never seen that anime either. Given the number of anime loli avatars we have floating around these forums, I'm sure someone could tell you if that rage is misplaced or not.

Also, I get irrationally upset when I see people putting too much food on their (real or metaphorical) plates and then proceeding to throw away the rest after only eating part of it. I don't understand why.

I'd say that's pretty justified considering that arrogant look on her face, which is completely how her personality is. Though it's amusing cause i'm just an observer, i'd probably be pretty annoyed if someone like her showed up in real life.

Network/internet connection problems will instantly send me from good mode into pissed off enough that i'm on the verge of punching someone.

#46 Posted by ElixirBronze (356 posts) -

When someone says a product is a "joint" and it's actually not.

#47 Edited by crusader8463 (14305 posts) -

People that throw a temper tantrum over simple grammatical errors or those that go out of their way to point them out. No one cares shut up. Unless I'm writing a paper for school, a novel, or an article for publishing it doesn't matter and it just makes you look like a sad angry little person for giving a fuck about how some stranger on the internet spells.

I'm sure there are some other little things I can't think of, but that's the biggest one that gets me going the most. Other than that the only other one I can think of is when people do that whole "Merica is the greatest!" crap. I can't even stand it when it's satirical like in the "Team America" movie or on the "Steven Colbert Show". I really like Steve and want to watch his show as he is a really smart and funny guy, but I just can't get past his character to enjoy the other stuff.

Slow computers too. The ones we have to use at work constantly hang up for literally 4-5 min at a time while just switching from one tab to another in a web browser. I want to punch something every time my work has to grind to a halt because the dam page won't load.

#48 Edited by Chibithor (574 posts) -

Stupid comments, especially on PC Gamer and Youtube. I actually stopped going to PC Gamer because every time I would scroll below the article, for a brief moment I would want to die.

#49 Edited by McTangle (157 posts) -

Adverts coming on TV just after I sit down to eat.

#50 Edited by McTangle (157 posts) -

Adverts coming on TV just after I sit down to eat.