• 89 results
#1 Edited by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1799 posts) -

Okay, technically anything that can be put on a computer is available digitally, but some of us don't want to futz around with torrents or simply want to support makers of good stuff. Whether it's wanting to relive the nostalgia from a specific track or if you've always wanted to play that one game, you're bound to find a large amount of stuff that isn't available digitally. So what is that one thing, Giant Bombers? What would you love to have on a digital shelf somewhere?

I'll start:

• System Shock 2
  • No One Lives Forever
  • Practically all of Activision and EA's console-PC ports
  • All of Activision's Star Trek games
#2 Posted by Village_Guy (2485 posts) -

Conkers Bad Fur Day.

Microsoft owns it, and they already made a version for the original Xbox, why not touch it up and put it out on XBLA?

#3 Posted by keli911 (14 posts) -

wow i agree so much on conkers bad fur day but i want the original uncensored.

Final fantasy 7,8 and 9 HD remake.

resident evil 1-3 hd remake.

silent hill 1-4.

The warriors

manhunt 1-2

chrono cross/trigger

#4 Posted by peritus (951 posts) -

I agree with System shock 2. Would also love to see Lego island on steam or something. If its cheap.

#5 Posted by FTomato (233 posts) -

#6 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1316 posts) -

@keli911: I own Manhunt 1 on Steam.

Torrents and Emulation solve most of these issues of wanting digital versions of games, though torrents less so cause usually if there's a torrent of a game there's also a digital store version of it. Torrents are easy though... if you can click a mouse button you're 90% of the way there usually, clicking and holding is the other 10% ;)

I'm a good consumer whore myself and value my 'digital shelf' as well. http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/djjoejoe

Obviously I own many other video games through other online stores, steam is just the bulk of it.

#7 Posted by hanktherapper (371 posts) -

I agree with you about System Shock 2 and No One Lives Forever. I would also add Sid Meier's Sim Golf.

#8 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Super Mario RPG on the 3DS.

#9 Posted by Giefcookie (580 posts) -

Food.

#10 Posted by RazielCuts (2912 posts) -

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

• System Shock 2
  • No One Lives Forever t

These and Grim Fandango

#11 Posted by Legend (2646 posts) -

It would be awesome to see Curse of Monkey Island on Steam.

#12 Posted by FTomato (233 posts) -

Can we try to keep this to games that are not available on digital distribution at all, not a "What game would you like remade" thread? Some of the games listed already exist on digital distribution on PSN or the Virtual Console.

#13 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Timesplitters 2-3.

#14 Posted by adam1808 (1359 posts) -

Halo CE

#15 Posted by gamefreak9 (2336 posts) -

@keli911 said:

What's this? HD remake? When was this?

#16 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@gamefreak9 said:

@keli911 said:

Asking "when" in a thread where people say what they would like to be released is a little weird. 
#17 Posted by gamefreak9 (2336 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@keli911 said:

Asking "when" in a thread where people say what they would like to be released is a little weird.

No the thread is about things people wish were released digitally. What that means to me is that they were released non-digitally. And i've never heard of FF HD releases.

#18 Posted by BrianMcBride (24 posts) -
#19 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

@Giefcookie said:

Food.

God dammit this is why I came into this thread.

But food, I wish I could get food digitally.

#20 Posted by EvilKatarn (465 posts) -

.... hookers?

And TRON 2.0

#21 Posted by Rohok (553 posts) -

SWAT 4 and all the old Rainbow Six games- Mainly Rogue Spear since the original is on GOG. But I want them all on STEAM.

#22 Posted by Strife777 (1490 posts) -

I was expecting this thread to be about people saying "pizzas" and "prostitutes". I leave disappointed (with a few exceptions.)

#23 Posted by ImHungry (376 posts) -

I actually didn't expect this to be about video games. Oh and I see Food has already been said. But still, food.

#24 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

I would like to agree with "food" and add "whiskey."

Also: fuck yeah, No One Lives Forever!

#25 Posted by StarvingGamer (7924 posts) -

Food, like something that hooks up to my brain to give me the sensation that I'm eating a super awesome filet while simultaneously pumping me full of vitamins and nutrients and stuff.

Digi-food

e-Food

#26 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

XCom on PSN. I'd much rather play it on console over PC, but I really don't want to pay 7000 yen for it at a local import store.

#27 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

Holodeck

#28 Posted by TooSweet (374 posts) -

Super Mario RPG and Earthbound for the Nintendo 3DS.

#29 Posted by ajamafalous (11823 posts) -

American McGee's Alice

#30 Posted by ripelivejam (3473 posts) -

puppies

#31 Posted by BaneFireLord (2908 posts) -

Marvel Ultimate Alliance for PC, Black and White 1 and 2.

#32 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3101 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

American McGee's Alice

That's available on Xbox Live. I assume you mean on PC.

#33 Posted by CannonGoose (372 posts) -

Holy shit, yes to NOLF. I have a boxed Mac copy that only works under OS9 I think :(

#34 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (924 posts) -
#35 Edited by pyromagnestir (4199 posts) -

Since you guys have most of the games covered, let me just add Company Flow's Funcrusher Plus album and I second these notions:

@Giefcookie said:

Food.

@EvilKatarn said:

.... hookers?

@ripelivejam said:

puppies

@Strife777 said:

I was expecting this thread to be about people saying "pizzas" and "prostitutes". I leave disappointed (with a few exceptions.)

Really? I was expecting this to be about games and thought I'd be the one asshole coming in and shouting "orgasms!" and I leave pleasantly surprised.

#36 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1799 posts) -

@RazielCuts: If you're going to get Grim Fandango in on this you might as well go whole hog with every single Lucasarts adventure game. Full Throttle, Maniac Mansion, and more of the Monkey Island stuff would be pretty neat. In fact, just release Lucasarts' entire catalog and I will be a happy camper.

Anyway. the aim of this topic is more to catalog the stuff that hasn't been re-released AT ALL so that I can start an apocalypse library.

#37 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

Wish I could get that Command and Conquer collection on Steam. A working version of an old dinosaur RTS called Paraworld but that only works on Vista and the devs never updated it to work on any other OS. That's about it. A lot of the other games from my past I can get digitally, but I just wish they were on Steam.

#38 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Curse of Monkey Island and the original Pokemon games.

The old Final Fantasy games would be great to have on Steam too.

#39 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1799 posts) -

@crusader8463: Age of Empires with dinosaurs? Sign me up.

#40 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Hitman: Contracts. But that amazing clutch song makes it impossible :(

#41 Edited by believer258 (11570 posts) -

I'd like to see System Shock 2 re-released with much better graphics - think the Halo Anniversary treatment applied to that game. Same game, same guns, same stuff, only make it look much better.

#42 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: I really loved the game back in the day and ran out to buy it shortly after reading about it in PC Gamer. I don't recall the details but it did something really neat with the way the UI was made that allowed you to arrange groups of units and was being touted as how it was going to revolutionize RTS. The cutscenes and story bits are pretty bad, but I still loved the hell out of it because you get an army of Dinosaurs!

#43 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Dragonball Z Budokai HD Collection

I don't wanna order those to come next week, I wanna just download em to my hard drive and start playing :(

#44 Posted by ajamafalous (11823 posts) -
@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@ajamafalous said:

American McGee's Alice

That's available on Xbox Live. I assume you mean on PC.

Yeah, PC.
#45 Posted by LastNinja (281 posts) -

I wish Steam had some self.

#46 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I wish Grim Fandango was on Steam. It's already so buggy whenever I try running it on my PC, plus with an upgrade with HD graphics would be splendid. HD wouldn't make that stupid forest puzzle any easier though.

I'm shocked how much System Shock 2 goes for on Ebay. Perhaps I should put my copy of it on there to sell.

#47 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -

Vinny.

#48 Posted by Draxyle (1780 posts) -

Most of the classic Lucas Arts games already mentioned. Especially Grim Fandango; I really don't know what Lucas arts is doing just sitting on these old legends.

Sim Golf, as well as Sim Tower. My Sim Tower CD seems to be busted.

System Shock 2, just to see what the hubub is about.

Suikoden 2. Why the flying frak is this not legally available to purchase anymore.

#49 Posted by emem (1960 posts) -
One of the floppy disks stopped working...not cool.
#50 Posted by minotaka (320 posts) -

@adam1808: Can't you get Anni' edition on demand? that's pretty much Halo CE :O