#1 Posted by Slurpelve (611 posts) -

I'm buying a new phone soon with verizon wireless,I thinking about the Iphone 4 but my whole family got an Iphone.

Any suggestions?

#2 Edited by ProjektGill (752 posts) -

If you want a iPhone, you really should wait for the iPhone 5 later this year. If you want an Android go with the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3 or the new HTC One X but beware, they are large phones.

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Wait for IPhone 5.

#4 Posted by Veektarius (4837 posts) -

I have a Droid 4. I guess that's four months old now, or something, but it's a very solid piece of electronics. It's thick though cause it's got a slideout.

#5 Edited by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

I'm not sure what Verizon has, but if they have the Nokia Lumia 800 or 900, GET IT. Hands down the best phone I've ever used. I goaded my sister into getting one when her iPhone broke and she said it's like going from night to day, she loves it so much.

I actually went into my provider last October with the intention of buying an iPhone, but I came out with a Windows Phone... I was that blown away by it. I spent like an hour in the store deciding because I had never used one before. Such a great decision on my part. It catches everyone's eye when I pull it out and they are amazed by how nice and fast it is to use. :P

#6 Posted by Jasontong (44 posts) -

I‘m still waiting for the link from a shopping mall.

#7 Posted by shinboy630 (1140 posts) -

I have a galaxy nexus and I love it. ICS truly is the best version of android yet.

#8 Posted by Slurpelve (611 posts) -

@Veektarius said:

I have a Droid 4. I guess that's four months old now, or something, but it's a very solid piece of electronics. It's thick though cause it's got a slideout.

That phone and Droid Razr been catch my Eye in the past month or so.

#9 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

I have an iPhone, and I really like it. While the Nexus looked great, I didn't really want to spend an extra hundred dollars on it.

@xyzygy: Unfortunately Verizon only has 1 older Windows Phone at the moment (may have changed recently, not sure). Really bummed me out since I really wanted one, but had to get an iPhone when my old phone broke.

#10 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I do tech support for HTC phones. So I think that makes me legally obligated to say you should buy an HTC phone. Plus, if you ever call HTC tech support you might get to talk to me!

#11 Posted by Slurpelve (611 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

I do tech support for HTC phones. So I think that makes me legally obligated to say you should buy an HTC phone. Plus, if you ever call HTC tech support you might get to talk to me!

lol, Yea i was thinking about the HTC Rezound, that phone looks great.

#12 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

@BadSniper52 said:

@crusader8463 said:

I do tech support for HTC phones. So I think that makes me legally obligated to say you should buy an HTC phone. Plus, if you ever call HTC tech support you might get to talk to me!

lol, Yea i was thinking about the HTC Rezound, that phone looks great.

The One X and One S are the newest ones on the market right now. They are super light weight, and silky smooth to navigate through. Can't recall off the top of my head if Verizon sells them yet or not. Just a heads up, if you go with Verizon as your carrier we can't do any tech support for you should your phone break. We can help you try and get it working, but if it comes down to a hardware issue that needs to get sent in they have to do it. No idea why, but in the US verizon is the only carrier that demands that they get to do the tech support on their phones. In Canada though it's that way for every carrier. Really messed up.

#13 Posted by HammerBros69 (10 posts) -

Get the iPhone 5 and jailbreak it

#14 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

iphone 4s.

Its on sale.

#15 Posted by Slurpelve (611 posts) -

I'm no hater of the Iphone, but what makes them so great? I think my older brother became into a Apple elitest after buying one.

He scares me when he talk about phones.

#16 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

I'm not sure what Verizon has, but if they have the Nokia Lumia 800 or 900, GET IT. Hands down the best phone I've ever used. I goaded my sister into getting one when her iPhone broke and she said it's like going from night to day, she loves it so much.

I actually went into my provider last October with the intention of buying an iPhone, but I came out with a Windows Phone... I was that blown away by it. I spent like an hour in the store deciding because I had never used one before. Such a great decision on my part. It catches everyone's eye when I pull it out and they are amazed by how nice and fast it is to use. :P

yes!!! somebody who uses WP, so many people say that WP is bad because it doesnt have a gazillion apps, but seriously, how many apps does a person need. and if you think about it, the potential this OS has is amazing, i mean, most people use a PC with windows on it, so the ability to connect to it without a third party leaves a lot of room for a lot of ideas

#17 Posted by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

@ManU_Fan10ne: Yeah, WP is the way to go. MS just needs to advertise for it more, but it's getting around via very good word of mouth. Hopefully WP8 will come with a bigger marketing push.