• 94 results
#1 Posted by Masin (131 posts) -

#2 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I'll only vote for the one that will support the XCOM project.

#3 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Write-in: Israel

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@murisan said:

Pat Buchanan.

#5 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Chicken muffin

#6 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

@murisan said:

I still wonder why Israel is mentioned so much in debates, campaigns, etc. I get we're allies, but I'm pretty sure we're in the US of A, not Israel.

#7 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

@murisan said:

THAT'S WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY.

#8 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

It's like Obama was slapping Mitt around with Mitt's own hands. STOP HITTING YOURSELF, STOP HITTING YOURSELF.

#9 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -
@ManU_Fan10ne

@murisan said:

I still wonder why Israel is mentioned so much in debates, campaigns, etc. I get we're allies, but I'm pretty sure we're in the US of A, not Israel.

Apparently there are only three countries, I learned tonight. In order of importance: Israel, USA, and Iran
#10 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

master chief won.

#11 Edited by BoG (5191 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

@ManU_Fan10ne

@murisan said:

Apparently there are only three countries, I learned tonight. In order of importance: Israel, USA, and Iran

Mitt Romney mentioned the European Union once, so they might be kind of important, maybe?

#12 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -

Tumult.

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

@ManU_Fan10ne

@murisan said:

Well... they did mention China...sorta. I mean Romney said he does want to protect us from knock off iPods and Naruto Headbands.

#14 Posted by Masin (131 posts) -

The Game Fuel I was drinking during the debate was the best thing about it. So Master Chief. Easily

#15 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1210 posts) -
#16 Posted by TruthTellah (9094 posts) -

I support this thread more than the other Debate threads even though it spells the President's name wrong.

#17 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@wmaustin55 said:

@ManU_Fan10ne

@murisan said:

Well... they did mention China...sorta. I mean Romney said he does want to protect us from knock off iPods and Naruto Headbands.

romney is obviously more of a DBZ man

#18 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

A Foreign Policy debate isn't really that important this election season. So...it didn't change my mind.

#19 Posted by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

Horses and bayonets.

#20 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

I support this thread more than the other Debate threads even though it spells the President's name wrong.

I think the OP was referring to Baraka Obama.

#21 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

I think Romney's hair was the big loser. Did anyone else notice that one strand out of place?

#22 Posted by Masin (131 posts) -

@TruthTellah: Oops. Didn't even notice. Forgot that "C" in there. My bad.

#23 Posted by TruthTellah (9094 posts) -

The Lizard Man on CNN says President Obama won. I'm not quite sure I agree with Lord Voldemort on this one.

Both of them barely disagreed at all when it came to real foreign policy; they simply disagreed on word preference. But they made it sound like there was a policy chasm between success or utter destruction for the country.

#24 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

@murisan said:

@TruthTellah said:

I think the OP was referring to Baraka Obama.

I think he meant Brock Obama.

#25 Posted by mlarrabee (2962 posts) -

I'm wining in Civ Rev.

So me.

#26 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3153 posts) -

Whoever wins we lose.

#27 Posted by Sergio (2127 posts) -

I would have to say Obama simply because Romney shifted all his policies to agree with him.

#28 Posted by Blearious (35 posts) -

I won when I turned off the TV.

#29 Posted by mrpandaman (866 posts) -

@Red said:

I think Romney's hair was the big loser. Did anyone else notice that one strand out of place?

I thought I was the only one lol

#30 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

@Sergio said:

I would have to say Obama simply because Romney shifted all his policies to agree with him.

so...Bush won?

#31 Edited by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -

Master Chief hands down. He's finishing the fight.

He already did?

well, then FOUR MORE YEARS!

#32 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

I've been saying this for weeks.

@ManU_Fan10ne said:

@murisan said:

Israel is important to a lot of Jewish voters, so they have no reason not to mention it a lot, especially Obama, since Jewish people tend to vote Democrat.

@BoG said:

@wmaustin55 said:

@ManU_Fan10ne

@murisan said:

Mitt Romney mentioned the European Union once, so they might be kind of important, maybe?

Romney mentioned Latin America a few times at one point, but the way he talked about it made it sound like he thought there is a country called "Latin America."

@Masin said:

The Game Fuel I was drinking during the debate was the best thing about it. So Master Chief. Easily

Fuck yeah, Master Chief!

@KingBroly said:

A Foreign Policy debate isn't really that important this election season. So...it didn't change my mind.

I wouldn't say that foreign policy isn't important, especially with tensions between Israel and Iran on the rise, but you're right that it's less important than some domestic issues.

#33 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

I'd say the economy is by far the #1 issue this year. Everything is a distant fourth. That's how important it is.

#34 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

romneys got no rhythm in his speech and it bothers me that is all

#35 Posted by LiquidPrince (15949 posts) -

Obama "won" I think. Romney still comes off as a bit of a war monger, and I can't help but think that America would hit another recession if he became president.

#36 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror: I think he meant that they were going to disagree a lot less than with domestic issues, which is fairly accurate

#37 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@YetiAntics said:

Master Chief hands down. He's finishing the fight.

He already did?

well, then FOUR MORE YEARS!

FOUR MORE GAMES*

#38 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -

Can someone link me to an archive? I took a nap and forgot that the debate was today.

#39 Posted by jeffallton (22 posts) -

@wmaustin55: See The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy by John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt

#40 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@Phatmac said:

Well, Mitt Romney is the ambassador for Kolob.
#41 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Keanu Reeves tied with Patton.

#42 Posted by Forderz (247 posts) -

As a Canadian, I was shocked, SHOCKED, to hear exactly zero mentions to Canada, the US's largest trading partner. Aside from a passing mention of 'the pipeline' from Romney, Canada was strangely absent from the debate. Canada got brought up three times in both other debates, too.

Also: no mention of climate change? I think losing Florida and Louisiana to the ocean would kill more people than if Iran actually launched a nuke at the US. Which they wouldn't because they'd launch it at Israel Which they can't because they don't have a nuke.

And I was laughing pretty hard at Romney first quoting a Joint Chief's assertion that financial security was the gravest threat America faces, then saying its a nuclear Iran. And him parroting Obama's policy back at America, but "stronger," whatever that means.

Finally, my jaw dropped at "Killing people wont solve problems" turning into "Kill those dictators" within the same segment.

#43 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

Whoever wins, we lose.

#44 Edited by Milkman (16798 posts) -

Haven't watched the debate but I can imagine how much Israel talk there was. And let me just say this right now. Real talk: fuck Israel. Both Obama and Romney need to get over their massive Israeli boners.

#45 Posted by jmood88 (394 posts) -

The President, easily. All Romney did was agree with the current policy while twisting himself in knots trying to criticize it. It was also pretty hilarious seeing him change his position, not just from what he said a couple months or a year ago, but what he said a few minutes earlier.

#46 Edited by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Haven't watched the debate but I can imagine how much Israel talk there was. And let me just say this right now. Real talk: fuck Israel. Both Obama and Romney need to get over their massive Israeli boners.

then there needs to be less jewish voters in swing states BOYO

(I agree though fuck israel)

#47 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -
@Th3_James

Whoever wins, we lose.

#48 Posted by Ares42 (2666 posts) -

@Forderz said:

Finally, my jaw dropped at "Killing people wont solve problems" turning into "Kill those dictators" within the same segment.

Romney has a knack for that. He also claimed he didn't want to be an adversary of China then just 2 minutes later saying he's gonna label China a currency manipulator.

#49 Edited by SirPsychoSexy (1329 posts) -

@Ares42 said:

@Forderz said:

Romney has a knack for that. He also claimed he didn't want to be an adversary of China then just 2 minutes later saying he's gonna label China a currency manipulator.

Yea wtf, he is saying how much we need to work with China and be best buds, then goes on literally 5 seconds later how we have to call them out for not playing fair and cheating the system. This guy is a walking contradiction. But I think we can all agree CHINA DON'T CARE.

#50 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

@Blearious said:

I won when I turned off the TV.

Nice