This Aint No Game: Dragonball Evolution

ANDYx0WNEDxU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ANDYx0WNEDxU

For all you who don't know Dragonball Evolution is a FOX live action movie being produced based on the anime.
here is the trailer:

I know the film isnt out yet so i suppose its innocent untill proven guilty, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had opinions on how good or terrible this film is going to be.
I personally think it looks mad cheesy and is going to be an epic fail on the same level as Street Fighter the movie but if anyone can convince me otherwise I would be a happy boy
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

moving to off-topic, general discussions is for video games.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Black_Rose

That movie is a kick in the balls to DB fans.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By penguindust

Unlike Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li, which looks bad no matter how you approach it, this could be enjoyable if you just take it for what it is.  A few months ago I saw The Forbidden Kingdom (Jackie Chan, Jet Li) and liked it.  Originally, upon seeing just the trailer, I thought I would hate it.  "Why'd they have to screw up my Jackie Chan/Jet Li movie with some white boy?" I said at the time.  But, when I actually saw the film, and by then expecting it to suck, I was pleasently surprised.  Oh, it's not great and both stars have done much better work, but for what it was, it was ok enough for me to want to see it again someday.   I had a similar experience with DOA: Dead or Alive [the Movie].  Not great cinema, but it can be fun if you don't go in with any pretenses of what it should be or what to expect.

I'll see this Dragonball movie when it comes out on DVD and rent it from Netflix...now if someone would just get to working on the Sailor Moon movie I was promised a decade ago, I'd be happy. :) 

ANDYx0WNEDxU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ANDYx0WNEDxU

I agree that if u take it for what it is a PG film fox is aiming at kids and trying to extend as a brand with games, toys and such...but i dno dbz fans arent kids anymore therefore I think the entire approach is wrong.
I will admit that I got some enjoyment out of the Fantastic 4 films but only to see them represented in film...the actual movie was terrible, just thinks DBZ deserves a little  better however it must be said that Dragonballs concept is hard to work into a watchable film and remain faithfull to the anime

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

OLD NEWS ARE OLD.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Haha, I'll go see it, even though I`m not having high hopes.

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Superchris129

Yeah, are kids still into DBZ? I know everyone was into it when I was I was in elementary school like 10 years ago, I didn't know that it was still popular

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zityz

Its Mortal Kombat in the future!

Visual wise, its pretty impressive. As for the actual content itself.....ehhhh

What they should have done was made it with the visual style of AppleSeed/ AppleSeed EX Machina. That probabaly would have givin it more leeway.

I was into Dragonball/Z like 13 years ago. Now I could care less, it will probabaly be a 2hour long movie of nothing but ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH then 5 minutes of fighting.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By RichardLOlson
Wow what a piece of shit movie.  I won't be going to see this crapfest.  Mortal kombat was accually better then this movie.  I mean who in there right mind would decide to make a movie out of dragon ball.  The characters don't even look like those of the anime.  And come to think of it, they already made a movie out of this.  It was old, but at least it was done right.
CashBailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CashBailey

I think next year's Razzie winner has just been decided.

Why, Chow!?!

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?!

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By RichardLOlson
CashBailey said:
"I think next year's Razzie winner has just been decided.

Why, Chow!?!

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?!
"
Thats exactly what I'm saying....I mean chow is more known for his serious badass movies...not some cheesy ass anime live action movie.  The respect I had for chow just went down the crapper.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

A.  I think it's funny that people are comparing this to DBZ more than they are comparing it to the original DB.

B.  Give it to American studios to turn an anime into a cash cow.
C.  Chow Yun-Fat can still kick all our asses, so it doesn't matter what he wants to do.
D.  At least it's not Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
PenguinDust said:
"Unlike Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li, which looks bad no matter how you approach it, this could be enjoyable if you just take it for what it is.  A few months ago I saw The Forbidden Kingdom (Jackie Chan, Jet Li) and liked it.  Originally, upon seeing just the trailer, I thought I would hate it.  "Why'd they have to screw up my Jackie Chan/Jet Li movie with some white boy?" I said at the time.  But, when I actually saw the film, and by then expecting it to suck, I was pleasently surprised.  Oh, it's not great and both stars have done much better work, but for what it was, it was ok enough for me to want to see it again someday.   I had a similar experience with DOA: Dead or Alive [the Movie].  Not great cinema, but it can be fun if you don't go in with any pretenses of what it should be or what to expect.

I'll see this Dragonball movie when it comes out on DVD and rent it from Netflix...now if someone would just get to working on the Sailor Moon movie I was promised a decade ago, I'd be happy. :) 
"
Forbidden Kingdom kicked ass, but DB:E won't, because this thing is supposed to be a monkey.

Lizardman Goku?
Lizardman Goku?

ANDYx0WNEDxU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ANDYx0WNEDxU

that lizard goku thing is horrible.....i dno the film looks so cheesy and kinda like power rangers, which isnt the demographic of fans of dbz
UUUUURGH i hate fox and chow lol....i dont even care about dbz any more just dont really want this epic fail to crap on my eyes