• 105 results
#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

So, I don't really watch TV but I got wind of this via people posting this on my Facebook Feed. The basic story is this Gordon Ramsey has a show called "Kitchen Nightmares" where he tries to help failing resturants "fix" their problems. He ended up walking off of the show of a recent episode after the owners absolutely refused to take any sort of criticisms he had. They they took to their Facebook page to defend themselves against "the haters" and what follows is a meltdown of epic proportions. On the buzzfeed article itself is the actual show embed from Youtube which I highly recommend you watch after reading the article.

It is impressive how delusional these people are. Like holy shit.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/this-is-the-most-epic-brand-meltdown-on-facebook-ever

#2 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Creepiest looking couple ever, like they bake a child into every cake and devour them for their sustaining life-force.

#3 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

No one wins in this situation. The best thing to do is ignore it.

#4 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

This is the same situation the guy who tried to sue theoatmeal was in: Completely fecking insane, claiming he was the only sane one. Is it coincidence that both parties seem to be Arizona natives?

#5 Edited by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

I saw it a few minutes ago. Hilarious.

#6 Edited by believer258 (11633 posts) -

Are they trying to say "rassling"? As in, the redneck word for "wrestling"?

I just can't make sense of that particular sentence. Maybe I need more context.

EDIT: Holy shit. These people are atrocious.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@ravenlight: I would say Arizona is shaping up to be the new Florida in terms of crazy but Florida I don't think can ever be beaten in that category.

#8 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -
#9 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Are they trying to say "rassling"? As in, the redneck word for "wrestling"?

I just can't make sense of that particular sentence. Maybe I need more context.

I think she is saying "reselling."

#10 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

Well.. Hrm. Cakes. I still kinda like pie better..

#11 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I'd like to think that people don't act like this while being serious, ever. I will just keep on living in my little bubble and not lose my faith in humanity!

#12 Edited by believer258 (11633 posts) -

@bigandtasty: @rainbowkisses: And that somehow makes even less sense.

@cloudenvy said:

I'd like to think that people don't act like this while being serious, ever. I will just keep on living in my little bubble and not lose my faith in humanity!

For every shit couple of dumbass dickheads like this, though, there are a couple thousand who are decent people. Not faultless people, just upright and A-OK, which is all anyone can really ask.

#13 Posted by Reisz (1461 posts) -

Just awful, I don't know what's worse, the way the proprietors run that restaurant or the people who go and write scathing yelp reviews for a place they've only ever seen on television. Never worth engaging people that act like that, I mean hell if Ramsey walked away you know you're dealing with someone on another plain of self absorption.

#14 Edited by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

I decided to watch the whole episode.

Jesus fuck, these people are nuts. I never know if these shows are fake or not but judging from the facebook posts it would seem like these people are all too real, unfortunately.

#15 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1008 posts) -

I don't know why I watched that whole video, but that bitch be crazy.

#16 Edited by Dethfish (3626 posts) -

Holy shit, I think that lady might need psychiatric help.

#17 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@cloudenvy said:

For every shit couple of dumbass dickheads like this, though, there are a couple thousand who are decent people. Not faultless people, just upright and A-OK, which is all anyone can really ask.

Are you sure? I don't want to leave my bubble only to find out that everyone is like this. : (

#18 Edited by kerse (2100 posts) -

This has happened before on kitchen nightmares, or at least close to it. Can't remember if he ever permanently walked off on one before. I just don't understand how people end up on the show Kitchen Nightmares and still think they have it under control, and think that Gordon Ramsay doesn't know what he's talking about.

#19 Edited by Hailinel (23885 posts) -

@kerse said:

This has happened before on kitchen nightmares, or at least close to it. Can't remember if he ever permanently walked off on one before. I just don't understand how people end up on the show Kitchen Nightmares and still think they have it under control, and think that Gordon Ramsay doesn't know what he's talking about.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. A while back, an episode was actually filmed at a Greek restaurant in my neighborhood. I haven't watched it, but hopefully their situation actually improved.

#20 Edited by Strife777 (1503 posts) -

I like that show best when the restaurant owners are just irredeemable. I just want them to be the worst assholes and for Gordon Ramsay to lose his shit.

#21 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

@dethfish said:

Well, I mean, she obviously does. Watching stuff like this just makes me feel sad because Ramsey really had no intention of helping those people. That lady doesn't need to be yelled at, she needs SERIOUS counseling. Even the amount of makeup she is wearing on her face goes to show that she is EXTREMELY insecure. Ramsey should have known from the first second that a woman wearing clown makeup and married to a man who looks like her dad has EXTREME self-esteem issues. When displayed an inability to take criticism and irrational behavior, he should have stopped pushing.

The guy is just a jerk.

#22 Edited by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

@kerse said:

Well to some extent he DOESN'T know what he's talking about. I don't watch the show, but I've watched it enough to know that he frequently says things that are meritless just to be a jerk. For instance, he'll be so busy talking/ranting that he will mishear something and then respond to what he misheard rather than what the person really said or what their actual intention was. Apparently he is a good chef and knows how a business should be run, but I don't think he really is any good at troubleshooting peoples problems or working with them to teach them anything.

#23 Edited by benpicko (1997 posts) -

epic xD

#24 Edited by Tajasaurus (793 posts) -

Their Facebook says that their Facebook, Twitter and Yelps accounts were all hacked, so don't worry about it, you guys. These people are victims.

The fact that they take their wait staff's tips is the grossest thing imaginable.

#25 Edited by Tonyyj (141 posts) -

Wow, I watched the entire episode and the woman is no doubt delusional. I was kind of disgusted to see all those customers contributing to the waste by showing up just for the vanity of the awful food though.

Part of me feels bad for her because she probably does genuinely feel like the world is out to get her.

#26 Posted by Bocam (3670 posts) -

@mcghee said:

Creepiest looking couple ever, like they bake a child into every cake and devour them for their sustaining life-force.

Her face looks like a plastic mold.

#27 Edited by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

Huh, cyber bullying a "mentally challenged" woman..? Not sure I'm down with this.

#28 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I don't know what's more embarrassing, the restaurant owners throwing a fit or the dorks leaving comments on Facebook and Reddit.

#29 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4284 posts) -

Normally, if the rumors are too be believed, a lot of shady shit goes on behind the scenes to make these restaurant look worse than they are. However, this place just seems genuinely fuuuuuuuuucked up. Like in most cases, I'm not sure how I feel about the "internet justice" being directed towards these people, but I can say, at the very least, they make it easy to hate them.

#30 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@tonyyj said:

Wow, I watched the entire episode and the woman is no doubt delusional. I was kind of disgusted to see all those customers contributing to the waste by showing up just for the vanity of the awful food though.

Part of me feels bad for her because she probably does genuinely feel like the world is out to get her.

Yeah, but at some point most reasonable people would be able to step back and kind of examine their situation and try to figure out why everyone is reacting to you like that. Granted, reddit mobilizing people to further antagonize the situation didn't help matters at all but still. If there is no point where you try to objectively ask yourself if you are the one who is wrong then there is something wrong.

#31 Edited by MAGZine (435 posts) -

@jazgalaxy: Wait, what? He did leave, didn't he?

#32 Edited by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

Kitchen Nightmares is my one guilty pleasure. Fuck, I don't know why I love that show so much.

Oh wait, yes I do, I worked as a cook in a sports bar with a crazy owner and a head chef that was high all the time. The food was good though.

#33 Edited by myketuna (1652 posts) -

Kitchen Nightmares is my one guilty pleasure. Fuck, I don't know why I love that show so much.

Oh wait, yes I do, I worked as a cook in a sports bar with a crazy owner and a head chef that was high all the time. The food was good though.

I have NOT worked as ANY kind of cook and this is my one guilty pleasure show as well. Besides the bullshit drama every episode brings, I actually like the "things can get better if you put some work into them" theme of the show. Makes me feel like people can do anything given the right guidance and putting forth the effort.

But I also enjoy Ramsay shitting on people's food when it tastes like shit.

#34 Edited by Nev (539 posts) -

So in the coming months these two will no doubt be given their own reality show, right?

#35 Edited by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -

Based on that episode she clearly has mental issues. I would guess borderline personality disorder.

#36 Edited by CrazyBagMan (836 posts) -

@believer258: Dunno about you but my 'Murica is about RASSLIN!

#37 Edited by Damodar (1301 posts) -

@dethfish said:

Well, I mean, she obviously does. Watching stuff like this just makes me feel sad because Ramsey really had no intention of helping those people. That lady doesn't need to be yelled at, she needs SERIOUS counseling. Even the amount of makeup she is wearing on her face goes to show that she is EXTREMELY insecure. Ramsey should have known from the first second that a woman wearing clown makeup and married to a man who looks like her dad has EXTREME self-esteem issues. When displayed an inability to take criticism and irrational behavior, he should have stopped pushing.

The guy is just a jerk.

Well look at it from his point of view. He's not there to be a counsellor. He's there because he's one of the most successful chefs in the world, very highly regarded and a very successful entrepreneur. They have a failing restaurant and he is probably the best known restaurateur in the world. When you have that knowledge and record of success and are there for business reasons and somebody is resisting all your advice and flat out disagreeing with it like they know better, as their business crumbles around them... You might *juuuust* become a little frustrated. With somebody as no-nonsense as Gordon Ramsey, I think the easiest way to frustrate him would probably be to make him feel like you are wasting his time, which is absolutely what people like this are doing while he's trying to offer his expertise. Yes, when there is a massive amount of delusion and egotism, his incredibly blunt approach is probably only going to make things worse. But he's not there to offer psychiatric help. They presumably contacted his show to get his advice etc which must make the refusal to take it utterly baffling and infuriating for him. I mean, Ramsey could easily be putting on a bit of an a show for ratings and the producers of the show must love it when there is that level of contention, so they probably try and scout out weirdos etc, but I don't think he can really be blamed for something like this.

#38 Posted by Winternet (8005 posts) -

Jesus. What is wrong with these people.

#39 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@kerse said:

Well to some extent he DOESN'T know what he's talking about. I don't watch the show, but I've watched it enough to know that he frequently says things that are meritless just to be a jerk. For instance, he'll be so busy talking/ranting that he will mishear something and then respond to what he misheard rather than what the person really said or what their actual intention was. Apparently he is a good chef and knows how a business should be run, but I don't think he really is any good at troubleshooting peoples problems or working with them to teach them anything.

nothing he said on this episode was without merit. They were literally that bad.

(this is the only episode I've ever watched of it for the record)

#40 Edited by Humanity (8809 posts) -

That was pretty wild "she's a little viper" lol

In retrospect I do feel bad for the girl that got fired. She would have probably quit after a while anyway, but its always better to leave on your own terms.

#41 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1838 posts) -

Every time I read the thread title I just get frustrated that somebody actually used "epic" sincerely.

#42 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

I love Kitchen Nightmares. The American version is a bit too dramatized for me, but there's still entertainment there.

#43 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

There are no winners in this situation. My father is a waiter and seeing the tips being taken by that guy makes me glad that my dad isn't working in a place like this.

Every time I read the thread title I just get frustrated that somebody actually used "epic" sincerely.

I'm with you, although I roll my eyes every time when I see "epic" no matter what the context is.

#44 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I was also under the impression that sincere use of the word was rather passé at this point.

#45 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1838 posts) -

@mcghee said:

The worst part of this picture is knowing that they fuck, or have fucked. Even thinking about it makes me feel I need to scrub my entire brain area with pumice.

#46 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

People don't ring up Gordon Ramsey to help them and act like that, I'm calling it a setup.

#47 Posted by Universalize (129 posts) -
#48 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

@artemesia: In the first half of the episode he and his wife describe him as having been a "playboy".

#49 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

OK I take that back, that bitch is cray cray...

#50 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@jazgalaxy said:

@kerse said:

Wait a guy that runs multiple Michelin Star restaurants, doesn't know what he's talking about when talking about running restaurants? Of course he gives these people shit because the number one problem always seems to be a attitude problem with the chefs\managers and they just need to get off their high horse's and listen for once.