This is the worst musical "performance" I have ever seen.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

What...I...what?!? WHY? All involved are idiots.

Where is Cyrus' career at right now? Is this what her warped mind came up with when she was looking for something to remedy her falling star? Pathetic.

Will Smith and family react:

the-smiths

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Will Smith's son has a really annoying face.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i dont know what the fuck happened to her. pathetic indeed. i dont even know what to say...i hope the people who write her checks are more embarrassed than anyone. can we as a society have less gaga, less minaj, less bullshit "artists" like this constantly? puuuuuuuuuuuke.

edit: the reaction is priceless.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bigjeffrey

Miley, But don't tell my heart My achy breaky heart I just don't think we'd understand

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i dont know what the fuck happened to her. pathetic indeed. i dont even know what to say...i hope the people who write her checks are more embarrassed than anyone. can we as a society have less gaga, less minaj, less bullshit "artists" like this constantly? puuuuuuuuuuuke.

edit: the reaction is priceless.

I actually really like Lady Gaga from an artistic perspective. I think what she does is actually art. I really liked up until recently how she would go out in a public with so much crap and artifice on that you could't possibly pick her out on the street if you were to see her in public. I think that's a fascinating concept. It's like Daft Punk pretending to be robots. By doing that, they essentially conquer the concept of celebrities aging and becoming "uncool" or "old" or whatever. I like the concept of artists being as weird as possible and pushing the realms of normality.

What I don't like is people like Cyrus who are just in a race for the bottom of the human experience. It's like she has no idea what it means to create anything. She was trying to act out in public. It's absurd and obscene.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, is it just me or is that Robin Thicke character dressed like Beetle Juice?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bigjeffrey

Fresh Prince is not amused

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... the singing was alright... but otherwise everything was WTF material.

When I first your thread title, I was instantly reminded of this (can't embed the video for some reason).

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the VMAs. Seriously, who fucking cares?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bigjeffrey

@jsnyder82: FUCKING NSYNC WAS THERE, I FUCKING CARE

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hannah Montana sure went fucking WILD.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By papercut

When Robin Thicke's Beetlejuice outfit is not even in the top ten of crazy shit in your performance you know something has gone very wrong.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still choose to believe that all of her recent antics and music are an elaborate parody of the ever-present absurdity within the modern music industry.

On that note, I highly recommend viewing her music video "We Can't Stop" and then watching this video of it "without music".

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people actually surprised by this ?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By TobbRobb

Oh jesus why. Who choreographed this, he needs to get fired. If it was improv, then she needs to fire herself, or get a choreographer.

I think we are all better off if she fires herself though.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That was shit, but that Justin Timberlake/NSYNC performance was bangin.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nekroskop

@aegon I can't help but to laugh at Will Smith's kid. His facial expression is like the every time I've seen a picture of him.

Like Hello?
Like Hello?

Having been outside the mainstream grid(No radio other than podcasts without music and no TV) I can't say I've missed much musically. Terrible performance overall.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be all for it if Miley Cyrus actually had some sexy legs. As it is, she should probably stick to what she's good at, instead of trying to become a stripper.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be all for it if Miley Cyrus actually had some sexy legs. As it is, she should probably stick to what she's good at, instead of trying to become a stripper.

Yeah, I think that's the giant wall of absurdity to me. She's not even attractive. It's not like it was sexy, or even provocative. It was just bizarre.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*starts watching performance*

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4190/jks.gif

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nekroskop

@jazgalaxy ". She's not even attractive. It's not like it was sexy, or even provocative."

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@aegon: The next harvest is finally ready.......... PRATOS!!!!

Loading Video...

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@themangalist: Go to 3:25. She stops the playback and actually "sings".

Real question is who the fuck approved this.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Baillie

Awesome song and she's hot, she can do whatever she wants.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me want to harm myself and others.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

music past like 1997 has pretty much been all crap

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really like Lady Gaga from an artistic perspective. I think what she does is actually art.

Just to give a different opinion ... To me Lady Gaga is acting like a 12 year old girl pretending to be an artist. Dressing weird just for the heck of it isn't really art to me ... and when it comes to music: This might be just my taste in music speaking here but I find her songs and singing terrible.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

@themangalist: Go to 3:25. She stops the playback and actually "sings".

Real question is who the fuck approved this.

Someone who knew people like us would bring it up on every possible corner of the Internet.

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sdharrison

I'm almost always wrong when it comes to mass media, but it really does seem like the "New Miley" is misguided. Whoever her audience was for Hannah Montana might be growing up, but the whole sex/techno/hip-hop angle seems like too far of a stretch. And I have a hard time seeing current fans of that genre suddenly throwing money at Miley Cyrus of all people. The move also trivializes any kind of back catalogue she may have had to sell in the future. No more Hannah fans are going to be born. When Britney spears and Christina Aguilera went this direction, it was a logical step. But Miley is as out of place in the genre as I've ever seen a performer. Maybe her handlers thought it was either this, or slowly fade away as a mediocre has been. At least the latter has some dignity.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ghostiet

@falserelic said:

She would be a great cum dumpster, but hey she's doing her thing making money and living life. Still I remember when my cousins used to watch her Hannah Montana show. She seem like such a clean girl at the time, but now became one of those dirty girls, those freaky nasty bitches that will make you busts all kiiindsss of quality nuts, all kiiindsss...

No Caption Provided

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

She would be a great cum dumpster, but hey she's doing her thing making money and living life. Still I remember when my cousins used to watch her Hannah Montana show. She seem like such a clean girl at the time, but now became one of those dirty girls, those freaky nasty bitches that will make you busts all kiiindsss of quality nuts, all kiiindsss...

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miley Cyrus is the coolest chick in pop right now, and if you disagree you don't understand pop music. Robyn is pretty awesome too, but she's kind of just going through the motions at this point.

Is she acting trashy and skanky? Sure. She's also 19. Lots of girls, even ones not in show business act that way at that age. Some people have commented that she's using black people as fashion accessories, the same way Gwen Steffani did with the harajuku girls. I don't quite think that's the case here though. I think she's really started to dig hip hop and club shows. Since she grew up in Tennessee with a day named Billy Ray, you can understand why she might not have had a whole of exposure to that scene untill now.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Barrock

Has anyone seen Miley's ass?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@barrock: I'm kind of weirded out but that one chick seems super excited about it.

embryonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By embryonic
Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread can only go to dark places.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Petiew

No Caption Provided

Wormy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Falserelic, please stop.

desoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

"This video contains content from Viacom, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

Thank. You. Viacom!

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

First of all VMA seems like the worst thing in the world, second who thought this "performance" was a good idea(?) and third Billy Ray has created a monster.

She is horrible and the thought that she might be the idol for some 5, 6 or 7-year-old little girl scares me. She is a terrible rolemodel and goddamn I sound very old all of a sudden.