#101 Posted by gokaired (581 posts) -

Isnt thet argeted audience like... 14 year old? why are you watching this?

You can't look away from a trainwreck?

Anyway, as a prude myself i felt grossed out by the whole thing. I can't recall the tastes when i was 14 (other than my own) but this isn't the worst thing ever, it's simply hilarious and wrong XD

(i'll admit the, drug references in Miley's song wouldn't have gone over my head at 14 either).

And am i the only black man that hates that stupid booty-shake thing? :P

#102 Posted by tourgen (4568 posts) -

her fans are getting older and she needs to re-invent her stage persona to keep making sales. No surprise. Really unfortunate costume tho

#103 Posted by Cheesebob (1285 posts) -

Quite possibly the best gif to come out of this entire debacle

#104 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2353 posts) -

Clearly the brother of Thor's melting-hot sexiness has fried the brain of Cyrus, causing her to do this stuff

#105 Edited by JouselDelka (981 posts) -
@sagalla said:
Loading Video...

Thank you for this, you made my evening, I never realized she had such potential and ability. This sounds so good!

Still think she stinks as a pop culture personality, but that song is going into my iTunes.

#106 Posted by AngriGhandi (822 posts) -

I thought Miley Cyrus' new hairdo was pretty hot when I first saw it a year ago.

I interpreted the weirdness of the change as a conscious effort to reject expectations, and assumed it meant that she was aiming to avoid being chewed up and shat out in the standard way by the exploitative and fickle tempers of the MTV/TMZ/internet-shitblog celebrity churn machine. To sidestep it all by doing something different. Like when Natalie Portman cut her hair short and went to college!

...This was probably not an accurate assessment.

#107 Posted by RupertTheBear (213 posts) -
AWWW HELL NOOOO!!!!!

Also i kinda wish there was a reality tv show that follows the life of Will Smith and his family so we can see more of this.

#108 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (3547 posts) -

What does it matter? How is this any different than anything else some other Pop/Rock/Country/Rap star does up on stage? All I see is someone who has done everything else, looking over the landscape of music award shows and thinking, "Well...let's just do something crazy...why bother otherwise?"

All those frowns on those music celebrity faces were not "What is she doing" but rather, "Crap, now 'I' have to one up this on my next tour...damn it."

I say, "Good for you Miley, at least you are not boring."

#110 Posted by KittyVonDoom (447 posts) -

I'M TOO SMART 4 THIS I'M GOING 2 GO WATCH ROBOT MUSIC DAT GO WUB WUB WUB DROP.

#111 Edited by 71Ranchero (3121 posts) -

Looks like a trailer park reenactment of a J-pop video.

#112 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6251 posts) -

I care about my well-being.

#113 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (4525 posts) -

Things that bothered me:

• Miley Cyrus tongue: She was whipping it out like it was suppose to be sexy or some shit. I'm now going through a medical diagnosis website to see if she might have some sort of un-diagnosed disorder.
  • Her affection for twerking: I remember this in high school nearly a decade ago how is this still a thing?
  • Ripping off Kanye West: Kanye did the teddy bear thing 10 years ago.

I can understand you want to distance yourself from Hannah Montana and Disney but wow... wow.

#114 Edited by Freshbandito (695 posts) -

@lively said:

Some weird puritanism going on in here. I don't think anyone here would kick her out of bed, not that any of us will ever get the opportunity.

Sure, it's low-brow and deliberately shocking, but welcome to the last 25 years of pop music. It's hard to sell records without generating a little press and controversy, it's pretty much the standard operating procedure now.

I don't think anyone here is shocked or offended, we're just kinda...confused at how bad the whole thing is, so misguided and overall banarrnerrs.

#115 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4745 posts) -

She can do as she wishes. It is quite the change from her past presentation but I don't think she is harming anyone with her actions.

#116 Posted by Lively (314 posts) -

@lively said:

Some weird puritanism going on in here. I don't think anyone here would kick her out of bed, not that any of us will ever get the opportunity.

Sure, it's low-brow and deliberately shocking, but welcome to the last 25 years of pop music. It's hard to sell records without generating a little press and controversy, it's pretty much the standard operating procedure now.

I don't think anyone here is shocked or offended, we're just kinda...confused at how bad the whole thing is, so misguided and overall banarrnerrs.

I don't know what people expected - they mostly sang in tune, certain parts were sexy, some were shocking, and everyone's talking about it. Records will be sold. Mission accomplished, right?

This is like a bunch of 30 year old men watching the latest Teen Wolf / Vampire Diaries episode, and harrumphing about how horrible it is. IT'S NOT MADE FOR YOU.

#117 Edited by Dethfish (3739 posts) -

gross

#118 Posted by OurSin_360 (992 posts) -

lmao, it was hilarious she's even making a troll face the entire time.

Master Troll, i want her and riff raff collabing asap.

#119 Posted by Andorski (5454 posts) -

"Miley Cyrus wanna be a nigga so bad. Miley Cyrus swear she ratchet pussy."

#120 Edited by Freshbandito (695 posts) -

@lively said:

@freshbandito said:

@lively said:

I don't know what people expected - they mostly sang in tune, certain parts were sexy, some were shocking, and everyone's talking about it. Records will be sold. Mission accomplished, right?

This is like a bunch of 30 year old men watching the latest Teen Wolf / Vampire Diaries episode, and harrumphing about how horrible it is. IT'S NOT MADE FOR YOU.

Sure it's not made for us, but therein lies a large chunk of why we don't get it. You can't look at us saying "I don't get it!" and respond by saying "you just don't get it grandpa!" well at least that's how I'm approaching it, maybe some other people here are getting more internet crusade / judgmental of the girl but ehh it's the internet where every forum poster acts as though they can do better / sleep with better / be funnier / post memes.

#121 Posted by OurSin_360 (992 posts) -

lmao, the fact people think she is serious is to much. Masterful trolling

#122 Edited by Yesiamaduck (1425 posts) -

I would agree if it werent for this

Loading Video...

#123 Edited by GERALTITUDE (4166 posts) -

@taliciadragonsong said:

I have no love for her, but some of the comments here just...fuck, I feel bad about the human race now because of it. Stop it, seriously.

#124 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4797 posts) -

So I didn't miss much by not watching.

lol at that logic. She isn't smart enough to troll like that.

#125 Posted by Lively (314 posts) -

@colourful_hippie: She's a pretty talented musician and singer, I wouldn't assume that she's dumb. The music award environment is a place where crazy behavior is encouraged, otherwise who would watch it?

#126 Edited by Aegon (6602 posts) -

@lively said:

@colourful_hippie: She's a pretty talented musician and singer, I wouldn't assume that she's dumb. The music award environment is a place where crazy behavior is encouraged, otherwise who would watch it?

People who like music and want to hear and see pleasing performances? Although I didn't watch the VMAs. I just caught this in my twitter feed.

#127 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4797 posts) -

@lively said:

Talented to an extent, most of the fervor around her isn't from her actual "talent" and more so because of the business side of things promoting something that clearly grabs headlines. I didn't call her dumb or was implying she was dumb but I certainly think that the pressures of her environment and everything tied to that segment of the entertainment industry is making her act out like that for attention, I don't think she's "trolling" for one second.

Also more importantly, wtf happened to that Daft Punk performance that MTV was talking up because that was why DP supposedly had to cancel on Colbert? Viacom truly are a bunch of scumbags.

#128 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (4525 posts) -

AWWW HELL NOOOO!!!!!

Also i kinda wish there was a reality tv show that follows the life of Will Smith and his family so we can see more of this.

Like really, really see what's happening? You know the dudes a scientologist right.

#129 Edited by Lively (314 posts) -

@colourful_hippie said:

@lively said:

Talented to an extent, most of the fervor around her isn't from her actual "talent" and more so because of the business side of things promoting something that clearly grabs headlines. I didn't call her dumb or was implying she was dumb but I certainly think that the pressures of her environment and everything tied to that segment of the entertainment industry is making her act out like that for attention, I don't think she's "trolling" for one second.

I just think these events are far more controlled than they appear; they want the appearance of anarchy, but there are rehearsals, choreographers, costume designers, producers, and the whole nine yards working behind the scene to make the final event what it ends up being. As such, I don't think "acting out" is the right description. It's such a cliché at this point that every former pop-princess Disney channel star starts actively sexing up their image once they're older that it would only be a surprise if that didn't happen. If the star can have a little enthusiastic fun on stage in the process, more power to her.

#130 Posted by laserguy (474 posts) -

She got what she wanted, today she's not sitting around thinking about the negative reaction's, to Miley this is all positive. That peformance gave her attention, she was the number one topic on twitter, thats all she cares about. I think she did a shit job, and is useless, she think's she's the shit.

#131 Posted by OurSin_360 (992 posts) -

So I didn't miss much by not watching.

@oursin_360 said:

lol at that logic. She isn't smart enough to troll like that.

Lil b, Riff raff, white girl mob aren't really that bright either. Trolling is an artform, not a science project..

#132 Edited by gokaired (581 posts) -

@aegon said:

@lively said:

People who like music and want to hear and see pleasing performances? Although I didn't watch the VMAs. I just caught this in my twitter feed.

You win the internet!

#133 Edited by TyCobb (2000 posts) -
#134 Edited by Yesiamaduck (1425 posts) -
#136 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (4009 posts) -

@lively said:

@freshbandito said:

@lively said:

But that's the thing, none of it was shocking. None of it was outrageous or crazy or 'oh my god how could she??' it was just dumb. You can make as many claims as you want that we're a bunch of old men who 'just don't get it, man' but it was just lame. Yeah got a lot of people talking and probably will sell some albums so I guess mission accomplished, but I can guarantee the reaction she was going for wasn't a great big confused shrug.

#137 Edited by TyCobb (2000 posts) -
#138 Edited by Hunter5024 (6279 posts) -

Way to wear the symbolism on your sleeve Miley. Walking out of a teddy bear and dancing like a stripper? Jesus. I think the biggest failing of this performance is that she's really trying to capitalize on sex appeal and sadly she doesn't have any. Is there anybody in the world who thinks that's a good haircut? I suppose it's kind of shallow to call her unattractive, but when the performance is so blatantly sexual she doesn't give me much else to criticize. I feel kind of bad for her though, it's pretty common for child stars to grow into incredibly strange adults.

#140 Edited by Abendlaender (2981 posts) -

Well, let's be honest now: The peformance did what it probably intended to do. It got people talking. To do that you either have to do a great performance (which is hard to do) or....that.

Provocation is still the simplest way to get attention and it worked, right?

#141 Posted by theanticitizen (294 posts) -

Nice try Miley but I'll stick to Björk for my weird, insanely dressed female artist.

#142 Posted by Barrock (3752 posts) -

It's less that she was shocking and more that she looked like a hot mess.

Gaga can do shocking. Miley can't.

#144 Posted by Dixavd (1469 posts) -

I had forgotten she existed, thanks for reminding me. It's good to know she's not dead; and if she happens to be spending her time with the living doing something she likes (that in the grand scheme of things, is probably harmless) then good for her. Now I'll go back to not knowing who she is.

#145 Edited by Abendlaender (2981 posts) -
#146 Posted by mpgeist (655 posts) -

I feel bad for Billy Ray Cyrus

#147 Posted by Random45 (1396 posts) -

Ahem. Allow me to enter Stupid Internet Nerd mode for a second:

DIS IS WHY I ONLY LISTEN TO REEL MUZIK 4 SMRT PPL LIKE LED ZEPPIN

Also forgot to add:

MUZIC DIED TEN YEARS AGO, EVERTHIN TODAY IS BAD

#148 Edited by GreggD (4581 posts) -

@aegon I can't help but to laugh at Will Smith's kid. His facial expression is like the every time I've seen a picture of him.

Like Hello?

Having been outside the mainstream grid(No radio other than podcasts without music and no TV) I can't say I've missed much musically. Terrible performance overall.

Oh, you mean this face?

#149 Edited by Aegon (6602 posts) -

@random45 said:

@kentonclay said:

Ahem. Allow me to enter Stupid Internet Nerd mode for a second:

DIS IS WHY I ONLY LISTEN TO REEL MUZIK 4 SMRT PPL LIKE LED ZEPPIN

Also forgot to add:

MUZIC DIED TEN YEARS AGO, EVERTHIN TODAY IS BAD

Opinion time: It didn't die, but it's become significantly diminished. And I only listen to Michael Jackson and Daft Punk, thank you very much (not really but pretty much).

#150 Posted by spraynardtatum (4038 posts) -

This is the worst musical "performance" I've ever seen.

Loading Video...