This isn't a GiantBomb bug report, it's a nub BiggerB report...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'm not sure if this belongs in General Discussion, but it pertains to my use of Firefox (read: not understanding it) and how it's affecting my ability to use the site with this browser.

Anyway, as some of you may know, I recently have been enlightened by Firefox. But the one edge IE7 currently has over it, is that I'm still unable to figure out how to watch videos/access flash-player enabled websites with Firefox. When I try to watch a video on Giant Bomb, a pop-up prompts me to download a plug in. I click on it and it says I do not have the required Adobe program to install the plug in. I'm then given a link to the Adobe website and the massive "HEY MAN, DOWNLOAD THIS" (paraphrasing here) on the Adobe website.

When I click the link to download Adobe, a box appears with a queue of things to download; the install_flash the first in line. And so, double clicking this, I'm asked if I want to run the program. Of course, I say "yes, please." It asks me to exit out of all other programs, I proceed to do so. But then the strangest thing happens, it says I'm unable to download it because I haven't exited out of Firefox, even though I have (kinda). Paradoxically, the only Firefox I have running is the one hosting the download of Adobe...which is telling me that I can't run, what's allowing it to run? What?

Am I doing something wrong, or should this not be happening?

Help's always appreciated! :D

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Use Chrome.

/thread
Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I think something similar happened to me. Ctrl+Alt+Delete go to processes. and close anything that says like firefoxe.exe I think.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

Flash can't be downloaded by Firefox, you have to open the window to the Adobe website (which is provided), close firefox, and install it manually...just like the directions tell you to do.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb

That is what I do, but the window on the Adobe website is always hosted by Firefox when I do so.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Did you try looking for processes named FIREFOX.exe? Cause If your problem is it states its not closed that usually fixes it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike
BiggerBomb said:
"That is what I do, but the window on the Adobe website is always hosted by Firefox when I do so.
"
Download the flash installer to your desktop, close all windows, and run the program.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

The other poster's had some advice that helped. Thanks *scrolls up* jakob and MasturbatingBear.