#1 Edited by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -
#2 Posted by ajamafalous (11863 posts) -
@FiestaUnicorn said:
tacocopter
link to this so I can compare
#3 Posted by believer258 (11668 posts) -

Upon seeing this thread, I was like "yeah, probably cool but probably not 'the best ever'".

I appear to be wrong.

#4 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

I'll be damned if I'm not investing in this business endeavor.

#5 Posted by IAmADwagon (49 posts) -

Not as good as my dreams for a brothelcopter, but it's not bad.

#6 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

It might seem like a pipe-dream, but given how motivated Amazon is to keep pushing for faster and faster delivery times, this could be the natural progression of online shopping.

#7 Edited by Ghostiet (5228 posts) -
@Levio said:

It might seem like a pipe-dream, but given how motivated Amazon is to keep pushing for faster and faster delivery times, this could be the natural progression of online shopping.

I have absolutely nothing against that. The moment I'll be able to order a kebab from home and receive it through sticking my hand out the window and catching it will be the sign that we truly developed as a species.
#8 Posted by Thoseposers (781 posts) -
#9 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

@Levio said:

SkyMall's name is soon going to become much more appropriate.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36065 posts) -

Hasn't this been reported before? I seem to remember hearing this exact same story many months ago.

#11 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1395 posts) -

This was mention a few months back in an article of Wired magazine.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (14578 posts) -

Im just excited at the notion one day talking to customer service because they dropped your burrito unknowingly into a tree could potentially be a thing.

#13 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

I was sold until I saw that there was fucking ketchup (or what appears to be, maybe it's super weak hot sauce) on the burrito.

#14 Posted by Dethfish (3630 posts) -

@Ghostiet said:

@Levio said:

I have absolutely nothing against that. The moment I'll be able to order a kebab from home and receive it through sticking my hand out the window and catching it will be the sign that we truly developed as a species.

Evolution of the human race is happening right before our eyes.

#15 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

Holy fucking shit.

#16 Posted by steelerzfan101 (270 posts) -

That's pretty intense haha!

#17 Posted by therealnelsk (276 posts) -

For whatever reason, I read that and envisioned my own drive by delivery service. As we drive by, we'll load your burrito into an overpowered air cannon and blast it at your front door. You get burrito, and we never have to stop!

This is why I work in a fucking cubicle..

#18 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -
#19 Posted by Trainer_Red (314 posts) -

I smell a sitcom!

#20 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

The future is now!

#21 Posted by Labman (287 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

The future is now!

Dammit...I missed it!

#22 Posted by DrIntrovert (81 posts) -

Your comments reminded me of this comedy routine:

#23 Edited by RenegadeDoppelganger (406 posts) -

They sell T-shirts but strangely none of them feature Burritos. This seems like a grave miscalculation.

Also unfortunately:

Burrito Bomber as a commercial product is not yet allowed under current FAA guidelines. However, the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 requires the FAA to hammer out regulations for commercial use drones by September 2015. This means in 2015 we'll be able to take to the skies to bring you your burrito faster than you can say "¬°Salsa roja por favor!".

You heard it people! 2015! Live the dream!

#24 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I had this idea for stadium food, where they send quadracopters around to deliver pies. I prefer pies to burritos.

#25 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

I worry that satellite drone communications will get crossed somewhere down the line and some fat bastard in St. Louis will get blown away while the Taliban gets showered with free burritos.

#26 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

I worry that satellite drone communications will get crossed somewhere down the line and some fat bastard in St. Louis will get blown away while the Taliban gets showered with free burritos.

Oh man. Well done.

#27 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

@DrIntrovert: Louis CK would be pissed if his cellphone and steel flying machines were covered in a sub-par excuse of a condiment.