This site is too addicting!

Anarchist4Eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Anarchist4Eva

I discovered Giant Bomb a short time ago when I was searching  the net to find some of my favorite Gamespot alums & what happened to them. Imagine my surprise when I find most of them holed up here @ Giant Bomb! So I looked around the site & did not understand it at first. Admittedly I'm used to being spoon fed information so I had to use the trusty FAQ to get my bearings. Now I get it! Sweet! 
    By opening the site up not just with forums but user created content, Giant Bomb has given us gamers the option of growing the database & information available if we wish or just enjoy the fruits of others' labor. The choice is ours & that is totally refreshing. I've recently started a few edits myself in the TurboGrafx-16 pages. I highly encourage you to check them out! I was at first using my memory alone & was surprised just how much I did remember about the system. It was one of my all-time favorite platforms by the way. I found myself challenged as I dove deeper into editing to make sure I was putting out the right info. This will be a new addiction for me! Shame on you Giant Bomb for making me that much more inaccessible to my wife & kids! 
    Now I must comment on the reviews section. This was a major shock to the system to say the least. I expected a huge library of games reviewed & previewed for me to peruse. Not so. Then thinking back to the trusty FAQ I mentioned earlier I remembered that these guys are lazy, or so they say. They do not review every game that comes out. And let's be honest, who wants to know about the latest Barbie or Petz game! Reviews approached from the standpoint of the typical gamer & what we play? BRILLIANT! No need to clutter up the site with worthless drivel. Again totally refreshing for a gaming website.  
    Now on to the Giant Bombcast. This is the only appointment listening that is in my podcast library. I listen to each weeks episode like a sitcom. I laugh, I get angry, I'm upset at the end of the show, and I learn about games. I also look forward to trying what's on the drink menu! I'm currently going through the past episodes on iTunes to hear what I missed. I missed alot too! Nice to hear the guys who made Gamespot what it once was at it again!  
    As I mentioned earlier, I'm still finding my way around here and have made it my current mission to make the TurboGrafx section a thorough & comprehensive read. So check it often. As I pull out old magazines & strategy guides to remember those glory days, I hope to impress alot of you & help you remember that game system that really got you hooked years back! Cheers!

Anarchist4Eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Anarchist4Eva

I discovered Giant Bomb a short time ago when I was searching  the net to find some of my favorite Gamespot alums & what happened to them. Imagine my surprise when I find most of them holed up here @ Giant Bomb! So I looked around the site & did not understand it at first. Admittedly I'm used to being spoon fed information so I had to use the trusty FAQ to get my bearings. Now I get it! Sweet! 
    By opening the site up not just with forums but user created content, Giant Bomb has given us gamers the option of growing the database & information available if we wish or just enjoy the fruits of others' labor. The choice is ours & that is totally refreshing. I've recently started a few edits myself in the TurboGrafx-16 pages. I highly encourage you to check them out! I was at first using my memory alone & was surprised just how much I did remember about the system. It was one of my all-time favorite platforms by the way. I found myself challenged as I dove deeper into editing to make sure I was putting out the right info. This will be a new addiction for me! Shame on you Giant Bomb for making me that much more inaccessible to my wife & kids! 
    Now I must comment on the reviews section. This was a major shock to the system to say the least. I expected a huge library of games reviewed & previewed for me to peruse. Not so. Then thinking back to the trusty FAQ I mentioned earlier I remembered that these guys are lazy, or so they say. They do not review every game that comes out. And let's be honest, who wants to know about the latest Barbie or Petz game! Reviews approached from the standpoint of the typical gamer & what we play? BRILLIANT! No need to clutter up the site with worthless drivel. Again totally refreshing for a gaming website.  
    Now on to the Giant Bombcast. This is the only appointment listening that is in my podcast library. I listen to each weeks episode like a sitcom. I laugh, I get angry, I'm upset at the end of the show, and I learn about games. I also look forward to trying what's on the drink menu! I'm currently going through the past episodes on iTunes to hear what I missed. I missed alot too! Nice to hear the guys who made Gamespot what it once was at it again!  
    As I mentioned earlier, I'm still finding my way around here and have made it my current mission to make the TurboGrafx section a thorough & comprehensive read. So check it often. As I pull out old magazines & strategy guides to remember those glory days, I hope to impress alot of you & help you remember that game system that really got you hooked years back! Cheers!

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By teh_destroyer

Welcome, enjoy your stay and the freedom to speak your mind. Tell your wife I had a good time last night. (j/k!)

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, it's very addicting. I've been hooked since the site launched, as you can probably tell by my 18,000 wiki points and 5,500 forum posts.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By EvilTwin

I'm jealous.  It's like discovering a great show or a great book series for the first time after it's already been around for quite a while.  Welcome to Giantbomb!

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By teh_destroyer
@EvilTwin said:
" I'm jealous.  It's like discovering a great show or a great book series for the first time after it's already been around for quite a while.  Welcome to Giantbomb! "
its more like loosing your virginity  when you first discover this place 0.o
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Yeah, I make this place great.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DerekDanahy
@Anarchist4Eva: Those old podcasts are like a history of GB it's good stuff.
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kohe321

Indeed, it's the best site on the web. :)

SgtThom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SgtThom
@Kohe321 said:

" Indeed, it's the best site on the web. :) "

1up.com vs  GiantBomb TEH EPIC BATTLE

Anarchist4Eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Anarchist4Eva
@teh_destroyer said:
"Welcome, enjoy your stay and the freedom to speak your mind. Tell your wife I had a good time last night. (j/k!) "

No doubt. And I'm glad you kept my wife company. She's expensive though!
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kohe321
@SgtThom said:
" @Kohe321 said:

1up.com vs  GiantBomb TEH EPIC BATTLE"
Victory goes to GB easily. :P
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By natetodamax

My heart belongs to Giant Bomb

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive
@SgtThom said:
" @Kohe321 said:

1up.com vs  GiantBomb TEH EPIC BATTLE

"
more like the epic beat down. 1-up will get blown away by the BOMB
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By KaosAngel

Just remember that Pie is delicious and all will be good.  Have fun here.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane

I am glad that you are enjoying the site so much.  It's good to know that you checked out the FAQs first.  Usually people don't even notice them(we are working to change this).  If you have any question, no matter how trivial you think they are, you can always send me a PM and I will help you as much as I can.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

If you find anything that amazes you in Giantbomb, wikis or forum threads feel free to submit them for me to showcase on The Community Spotlight Redux!

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18  Edited By JonathanMoore

Yep, it sure is a good site. Welcome and enjoy the stay(s)!

-- God Bless.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By penguindust

1 Up is better than they used to be at least as far as site structure.  And, I still love the ListenUp podcast as much as the Bombcast.  Having said all that, though, I am here because I prefer "da Bomb" and all the folks here to the 1 Up crowd.

SgtThom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SgtThom
@PenguinDust said:
" 1 Up is better than they used to be at least as far as site structure.  And, I still love the ListenUp podcast as much as the Bombcast.  Having said all that, though, I am here because I prefer "da Bomb" and all the folks here to the 1 Up crowd. "
Also the mods at 1 up relay shows  up.(this can be a bad thing)
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jNerd

Welcome to GiantBomb, we're the best around. lol
P.S. No one actually likes Keyser_Soze

chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chewii101

Come one, come all to the thing known as Giantbomb.com! 

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#23  Edited By Hector

This is THE best gaming site on the net.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Seedofpower
@KaosAngel said:
"Just remember that Pie is delicious and all will be good.  Have fun here. "

Lol. 

Also, Welcome to the site!
neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By neoyamaneko

Being banned from Gamespot, I feel you.   Those nazi mods look for any reason to suspend and ban you.  They also play favorites in that they'll let them flame you, but if you defend yourself *BOOM*.

GB = Best gaming boards on the net.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CL60

Indeed

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By c1337us
@Anarchist4Eva: Dude that site sounds awesome, you have really sold me on it. Whats the web address?
Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bald3rdash
@teh_destroyer said:
" @EvilTwin said:
" I'm jealous.  It's like discovering a great show or a great book series for the first time after it's already been around for quite a while.  Welcome to Giantbomb! "
its more like loosing your virginity  when you first discover this place 0.o "
Am I to assume you have experience in the matter?
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By teh_destroyer
@Bald3rdash said:
" @teh_destroyer said:
" @EvilTwin said:
its more like loosing your virginity  when you first discover this place 0.o "
Am I to assume you have experience in the matter? "
Not afraid to admit that I haven't. But it was just for figuritve of speech, move along.