#1 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Has anybody seen it yet, what did you think of it?

I personally really enjoyed it, I'm a huge Marvel geek and I know a ton of stuff about Marvel lore etc. However Thor is one area of Marvel I do not know a bunch about, I know a few bits and a few characters but not a whole lot. Which might be why I enjoyed the movie so much, because I was unaware if they took great libertys with the movie that was not in the comics or somthing along those lines. But no I think its one of the best Marvel films I've seen in a long time, I offically canot wait for The Avengers movie!

#2 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -

I thought it was OK, the only problem I had with it was that there wasnt enough in the middle of the film to constitute such a rash change of character for Thor and Loki, it just happened instantly. I also wanted more talk about the Avengers!

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

no time, energy or money to go to the movies.. last one i saw was Tron: Legacy

i'll wait for a big time movie (like Inception) to go to the movie theater. for now it's just DVD rentals 
#4 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -
@ErrorOperator:
I think the movie was well paced, there was just the right amount of action and I'm also really happy most of the movie took place in Asgard. I didn't want them to talk about the Avengers a whole lot because thats not what this movie is, sure the events will lead up to that movie but for the mean time this is Thor.
#5 Posted by onimonkii (2432 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" no time, energy or money to go to the movies.. last one i saw was Tron: Legacy

i'll wait for a big time movie (like Inception) to go to the movie theater. for now it's just DVD rentals 
"
you haven't gotten inception in theaters yet?
#6 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Seeing it tomorrow so hyped :D Heard it was pretty good but I think I'm just going to see Hawkeye

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@onimonkii said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" no time, energy or money to go to the movies.. last one i saw was Tron: Legacy

"
you haven't gotten inception in theaters yet? "
i've seen it in the theaters 3 times ! i said i'll wait for a movie with a caliber like that of Inception to go to the movies. anything less, i'll just wait for the DVD.
#8 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2379 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Source code.
#9 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I didn't even know it was out. I was too busy watching the cinematic masterpiece that is Fast Five.

#10 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

" I didn't even know it was out. I was too busy watching the cinematic masterpiece that is Fast Five. "

Yeah, I watched Fast Five as well. That movie was fun as hell.

Will see Thor next week.
#11 Posted by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -

Saw it yesterday, and really enjoyed it. Like you, I like a lot of Marvel stuff but haven't really delved into Thor a lot, so I was going in relatively new - but the film did a good job enough explaining things that I never felt I was out of the loop.

I loved the amount of time they spent in Asgard too, a lot of the trailers seemed to play it as being more 'earth based', it looked gorgeous. I thought Kenneth Branagh did a very good job of making the Asgard scenes feel very theatric and very shakesperian, which worked well for the material. I wish they'd pulled a Tron legacy and done the 3D as '3D for Asgard, 2D for Earth', as I think it works good for those bits, but on the whole it was a bit inconsequential.
#12 Edited by PenguinDust (12483 posts) -

I haven't seen it yet since it isn't out in the States for another week, but there are some complaints over on Giant Bomb's sister site for movies, Screened.  Link

#13 Posted by EuanDewar (4873 posts) -

I haven't watched it and i'm probably never going to watch it, I did however watch the post credits scene online and well...Meh.

#14 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Haven't watched it yet, but it really does seem interesting.

BTW, www.screened.com
#15 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
@Yanngc33 said:
" Seeing it tomorrow so hyped :D Heard it was pretty good but I think I'm just going to see Hawkeye "
the hawkeye cameo is pretty pointless tbh.... but whatever
i liked it but then ive been a huge fan of Thor since JMS rebooted the series.... only problem with it was volstagg was not fat enough, hes called  volstagg the voluminous for a reason :D
#16 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

It was pretty good and the 3D wasn't bad.

#17 Posted by eezo (284 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:
" I haven't watched it and i'm probably never going to watch it, I did however watch the post credits scene online and well...Meh. "
no offence but i don't really get people like you.. well maybe i'm just to much of a movie geek/watcher, but i've watcher alot of movies i thought i wouldn't like and it turned out i loved them, imo you should give it a chance :) (i haven't watched the movie yet though, but i do think it looks fun)
#18 Posted by EuanDewar (4873 posts) -
@eezo: Oh its not that I don't think the movie looks any good, I just don't care. I realize thats a problem in of itself but hey, I aint changin' anytime soon. Fight Club's pretty good though.
#19 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

no, i didn't know it was out already. i thought it came out in a couple more weeks.

one movie that i want to see is fast five. it looks good. i'm surprised that jeff hasn't said anything about it. i must have missed it on bombcast if he mentioned that. i know he is a fan of vin diesel and fast furious movie.

#20 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:
" @Yanngc33 said:
" Seeing it tomorrow so hyped :D Heard it was pretty good but I think I'm just going to see Hawkeye "
the hawkeye cameo is pretty pointless tbh.... but whatever
i liked it but then ive been a huge fan of Thor since JMS rebooted the series.... only problem with it was volstagg was not fat enough, hes called  volstagg the voluminous for a reason :D
"
Just saw it. Thought the Hawkeye cameo was pretty cool despite him doing nothing

Also
#21 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@Xpgamer7 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: Source code. "
This. Source Code felt like a tighter Inception. 

Really great film.
#22 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -
@iam3green said:
" no, i didn't know it was out already. i thought it came out in a couple more weeks. one movie that i want to see is fast five. it looks good. i'm surprised that jeff hasn't said anything about it. i must have missed it on bombcast if he mentioned that. i know he is a fan of vin diesel and fast furious movie. "
Technically it doesn't come out until May 6 (in the US) but I'm sure there are some early screenings somewhere out there.