Thoughts on new U2 single?

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BigBoss1911

I only listened to the preview on itunes and it sounds just ok.Any one listen to the full song?Hopefully No Line on The Horizon is a good record.With Steve Lillywhite and Daniel Lanois producing it I dont know how they could go wroung.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

You COULD go wrong with the fact that it's U2.  = D  Yeah, that sounds about right.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By rexualhealing

If you like U2, watch "The Future is Unwritten", the documentary about Joe Strummer, the frontman from The Clash. Then you won't like U2 anymore.

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Nothing will be better than The Joshua Tree Album.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

I could definitely go wrong with ever having to hear any music from U2.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Once you start singing about the worlds problems you have run out of things to say. Linkin Park is a good example of this and their awful new album. I actually like some music from U2, but I would not treat them as a wholly legitimate band. 

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By c1337us

It was a bit meh for me.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rexualhealing
SathingtonWaltz said:
"Once you start singing about the worlds problems you have run out of things to say."
Uhm, The Clash. Remember back in the late 70s and early 80s (even though I wasn't alive yet... I've done my homework though) when music critics labeled them "the only band that matters"? Most of their music had some sort of political bent but they experimented with genre-mixing more so than any other band had and probably will ever do.
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By BlackWaterCO

U2 fucking sucks, and needs to get their commie asses out of America

bono (aka asshole) basically is sleeping with Hugo Chavez

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bulldog19892
rexualhealing said:
"If you like U2, watch "The Future is Unwritten", the documentary about Joe Strummer, the frontman from The Clash. Then you won't like U2 anymore."
I don't really feel like watching an entire documentary to get your point. Could you just tell us? I'm not a U2 fan, but I'm still curious as to why people dislike them.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
rexualhealing said:
"SathingtonWaltz said:
"Once you start singing about the worlds problems you have run out of things to say."
Uhm, The Clash. Remember back in the late 70s and early 80s (even though I wasn't alive yet... I've done my homework though) when music critics labeled them "the only band that matters"? Most of their music had some sort of political bent but they experimented with genre-mixing more so than any other band had and probably will ever do."
Good point. I was talking about pretty much all the mainstream bands out there right now that just pull songs about the worlds problems right out of their ass. 
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ParanoidFreak

The single really did not sound like U2 to me. I would not recommend it.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rexualhealing
Bulldog19892 said:
"I don't really feel like watching an entire documentary to get your point. Could you just tell us? I'm not a U2 fan, but I'm still curious as to why people dislike them."
The documentary is very much worth watching, it's really well-made and all, but if you don't feel like watching it...

Basically Bono makes himself look like a huge douche throughout the movie and talks about how U2 always just wanted to be The Clash. Even though, you know, they sound nothing alike and Bono doesn't quite seem to be as sophisticated, politically, musically, etc, as any of the guys in The Clash. Also he doesn't take his sunglasses off the entire movie (that I can remember anyway) even though most of the people interviewed for the movie, including him, are sitting around a campfire at night.
s3ank1m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By s3ank1m

bought the single and thought vertigo was better, in facct how to dismantle and atomic bomb was a really GOOD album IMO