#1 Posted by irish1993 (13 posts) -

I am watching the news now and they are counting down the Tiger Woods debacle. Again he had an affair who cares.. The promise he made to remain faithful was with his wife that's all he should answer to... Again who cares . They are treating him like a world leader or the President.Why are not the press focused on Washington for not getting work done like passing my unemployment benefits. Again Tiger Woods is a billionaire..

#2 Posted by Sinatra (213 posts) -

I do not care either, I think that we need to just stop covering his personal life and give him some privacy. 

#3 Edited by Kazona (3064 posts) -

The thing is, while you and I may not care, there are a shitload of fans of Tiger Woods who do care, as well as a shitload of people who hate him that love reading about Tiger's fuckups. And then there is the general public that just likes anything that's even remotely "controversial" when it comes to celebrities. 

People love seeing famous people fall. It sells a shitload of magazines.

#4 Posted by DanceDanceKennypants (632 posts) -

It gets people's attention, which is how the media makes its' money. It works.

I'm not too into it either, but don't get wound up about these bullshit stories. It's just a fact of life, young man.

Good luck in finding a job. A few of my friends are unemployed at the moment and it's not a fun place to be.

#5 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

We were very happily not caring until you brought it up again with this thread.

#6 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

I don't think you understand how big of a fall for Tiger this was. While widely revered as one of the best golf players if not the best sports player by many, deep down he was far from immaculate. That coward needs to stop hiding.

#7 Posted by ma_rc_01 (363 posts) -

I just want to say: He gives a whole new meaning to "Just do it" amirite?

#8 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

We're dealing with the John Terry 'scandal' in the UK, it's apparently a shock that wealthy people have affairs.

#9 Posted by TooWalrus (13161 posts) -

I personally don't care, but the guy IS a role model for a million kids.

#10 Posted by 34wsdfsdfwe (153 posts) -

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw Tiger on a podium like he was Obama, or more fittingly, señor Clinton himself. 
The incident does contain all of the factors that make up a juicy controversy though: filthy rich celebrity and role model + sex + domestic breakdown.

The general public seems to care, a lot, about what happens to Tiger in private.

#11 Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

I'd say there's a lot of people who care, specifically people who like golf and might visit a golf website or forum. I'd say a lot of people on a gaming website like yourself wouldn't care.

#12 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Everybody wants to play with Tiger's clubs.  Can't blame 'em.

#13 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

He's a golfer and he likes to have sex. 

SCANDALOUS!

#14 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

You care enough to make a thread.

#15 Edited by cspiffo (868 posts) -

This is what the biz calls a slow news day.
#16 Posted by super_machine (1930 posts) -

Ever since John and Kate split up, the media goes ape shit over the dumbest things. If anyone is owed an apology, it's Tiger Woods for putting up with the media bullshit that is none of their business in the first place.

#17 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

I really don't care. He's just a rich dude doing what rich dudes do.

#18 Posted by KennyPowers (247 posts) -

Cause he's made almost a billion dollars in sponsorships, so his image is kind of a big deal.

#19 Posted by CollegeFootballGuy (120 posts) -
@Cerza said:
"I really don't care. He's just a rich dude doing what rich dudes do. "

This. And it only seems women care
#20 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, who does care about that stuff. i am glad for him, for doing a dream that most guys want. to sleep with a lot of girls. he just did his apology speech and a lot of channels were covering them. i was just like wow really, people really want to hear his speech. i do not think he owns an apology except for his family and girls that he slept with.

#21 Posted by ScottishGamer (215 posts) -

I totally agree. As mentioned before the UK has recently seen the 'John Terry' scandal hit the press as they found out he had an affair. The press have never shut the hell up about him for over a week now and the thing is nobody cares about his personal life and just want to watch him to play football as that is his job. I personally couldn't care that he has had an affair because face it plenty of people all over the UK and for that fact the World have had an affair and I doubt that they have all been put 'under pressure' to leave their job. I just wish that the media would focus on real news and stop stalking so called celebrities and scrutinizing their boring personal lives for some sort of agonizingly insignificant mistake that really does not concern anyone apart from them and the respective people involved. 

On a final note I saw this recently on the TV about the John Terry story and the stupidity of the media and think is is hilarious and so true at the same time!  (0:00 to 8:02)

#22 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

to OP subject title: 
Women.
#23 Posted by TorgoGrooves89 (346 posts) -

It's really not about whether we care or not. Personally i believe that what he did was wrong and that he's an idiot for cheating on is wife, but to be honest i don't know him so why should i give a shit? I don't , but what is more important is how this affects his sponsers, his image as a role model and an athlete, and the effect it's going to have on the golf world. It's a fact that when Tiger Woods played on TV viewing numbers increased, i think by as much as like twenty percent or something. After what he has done the sport of golf, and the money that is brought in thru viewership and tour attendance will lessen, thus affecting the buisiness side of golf. You've got to remember that a sport is a business, just like a school is, or religion is, or a hospital is. Bad image means bad business and that's what is more important here. Especially as golf is going to be a sport in the next olympics (i think).
#24 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Newspapers are not fucking tabloids. Fuck this shit

#25 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

yeah none of us care, in fact, we'd probably give him a high five. But all you have to do is walk into a supermarket and see the ridiculous amount of gossip magazines on display and then you'll understand this. well not really, but you get the picture. 

#26 Posted by Jeffery (545 posts) -
@Sinatra said:
" I do not care either, I think that we need to just stop covering his personal life and give him some privacy.  "
#27 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -
@irish1993 said:
" I am watching the news now and they are counting down the Tiger Woods debacle. Again he had an affair who cares.. The promise he made to remain faithful was with his wife that's all he should answer to... Again who cares . They are treating him like a world leader or the President.Why are not the press focused on Washington for not getting work done like passing my unemployment benefits. Again Tiger Woods is a billionaire.. "
I am now very suspicous 

But yeah, I don't even know what the whole Tiger Woods fiasco was about.
#28 Posted by ajamafalous (11959 posts) -

73sssssssssss

#29 Posted by MattyFTM (14367 posts) -

I don't care. And I don't care that other people care either. What happened should be a private matter between him, his wife & his mistress. He plays golf, his private life should be private.

#30 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -

Why not just...you know, fuck your wife? I mean, he married a fairly attractive woman; this whole thing seems a tad excessive.

#31 Posted by Oy (280 posts) -

The only thing he did wrong was get married.

#32 Edited by pause422 (6179 posts) -

People need to just let him be,  this isn't some thing worthy of interrupting TV for on a bunch of channels to have him apologize. He felt like getting some more pussy, its not the end of the world.

#33 Posted by JackiJinx (3089 posts) -

Apparently, at least 253 people. His name gets clicks and views just to see if he's started up some new controversy or whatnot. People love having something to commonly feel disgusted about as it unites people, albeit with negative emotions. Hey, gotta vent about something.

#34 Edited by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

Wow. An affair. Nobody cares about this and people act like these are uncommon from celebrities. Plus Tiger Woods is a robot. Have you heard him talk before? Especially his apology. He is the most stoic person ever.

#35 Posted by Bones8677 (3225 posts) -

I don't care either.

#36 Posted by Hailinel (24392 posts) -
@RetroIce4 said:
" Wow. An affair. Nobody cares about this and people act like these are uncommon from celebrities. Plus Tiger Woods is a robot. Have you hear him talk. He is the most stoic person ever. "
It's not so much that he had an affair as the sheer number of women he allegedly had affairs with.  A double-digit number.
#37 Posted by regularassmilk (1398 posts) -

He's a fucking golfer. I couldn't give less of a shit what he does in his personal life, i'm here to watch him golf.

#38 Posted by dudeglove (7747 posts) -

As some guy on twitter in response to Woods trending said "Wow, the Dutch government has collapsed and that isn't mentioned, yet Woods is. God bless the U.S. of A."

#39 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Well, You obviously care to some point.
Otherwise you wouldn't have bothered posting.

#40 Edited by Box3ru13 (703 posts) -

Yeah I don't get why people care but whatever, he'll weather the storm and before you know it everything will go back to the way it was.  
Although I would love for a celebrity/athlete to hold a news conference and say fuck it. But that will never happen unfortunately. 

#41 Edited by Rowr (5532 posts) -

Noone cares.

It's just a chance for some white people in the media to bash what was percieved as an upstanding black man.

I'm so fucking sick of it, it's like he raped a puppy or something. They have him all up on a podium apologising and looking shamefaced infront of the world, its fucking disgusting.

And to all of you being "women care" etc, fuck that. It's none of their gossipy -nothing better to do in their droll life - business', none of this concerns anyone except those involved.

#42 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Most of the people who care about Tiger Woods probably don't care about video games. Think about it.

#43 Posted by Hailinel (24392 posts) -
@Box3ru13 said:
" Yeah I don't get why people care but whatever, he'll weather the storm and before you know it everything will go back to the way it was.  Although I would love for a celebrity/athlete to hold a news conference and say fuck it. But that will never happen unfortunately.  "
I think Barry Bonds actually did that already.  Possibly multiple times.  He's not what you'd call fan-friendly.
#44 Posted by Box3ru13 (703 posts) -
@Hailinel: Yeah but that was for quote unquote cheating, which if you're a sports fan it ruins or diminishes the game.  

Plus BB is an all around asshole. I just want like Michael Phelps to say, "yeah I smoke weed, so what? I got 8 gold medals bitches."  

Its different than BB or MJ saying that type of stuff because we expect it from them.