Time For An Avatar Change

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By get2sammyb

I've had Gum as my avatar for approximately 6 months now. I felt it was time for a change at larrst. And all this House Of The Dead Overkill grindhouse excitement reminds me of the (excellent) movies Tarantino and Rodriguez put out as homage for the "scene".

So I thought "Planet Terror-up" my avatar with something hilariously horrifying.

No Caption Provided

You're all going to have to learn that my avatar is yellow not green now. It shouldn't take long!

Let's all have some fun and perve on "Cherry Darling" (lol!) to make this post worthwhile:

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I've had Gum as my avatar for approximately 6 months now. I felt it was time for a change at larrst. And all this House Of The Dead Overkill grindhouse excitement reminds me of the (excellent) movies Tarantino and Rodriguez put out as homage for the "scene".

So I thought "Planet Terror-up" my avatar with something hilariously horrifying.

No Caption Provided

You're all going to have to learn that my avatar is yellow not green now. It shouldn't take long!

Let's all have some fun and perve on "Cherry Darling" (lol!) to make this post worthwhile:

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Fuck yes. I love that movie. One of 2007's best.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

Planet Terror sucked compared to Death Proof.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By KamasamaK
MB said:
"Planet Terror sucked compared to Death Proof."
I have the opposite opinion.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead
MB said:
"Planet Terror sucked compared to Death Proof."
Seriously? Death Proof was such a failure. Too much useless dialogue and not enough of anything else. I suppose that makes it more like a Grindhouse movie but that didn't make it entertaining.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

I like dialogue in movies, though...I guess that's why I like Kevin Smith films.  Anyway, Tarantino > Rodriguez.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead

I agree but when a film is dialogue heavy, it has to be smart, punchy and memorable rather than women just taking about boyfriends and other useless banter. Something which has plagued all of Tarantino's movies since Reservoir Dogs.

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Naughton

I'd agree that Planet Terror > Death Proof. What really pissed me off is how they were released as 2 different movies on DVD. I got Planet Terror, but I can't justify spending twenty bucks on Death Proof. I my opinion, it doesn't hold up very well on it's own.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By get2sammyb

I think Planet Terror was better than Death Proof. I enjoyed both and I'm no movie aficionado but Planet Terror stuck with me in a way that Death Proof didn't.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Xandurson

Lol that pic is pretty creepy if you don't know what it is.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Karmum

Planet Terror was awesome, in a twisted and sickening way. Perhaps I'm not a fan of the horror genre, but I still enjoyed it. On the other hand, Death Proof was just, ugh. The fake trailers were great, though.

Jason_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Jason_Miami
MB said:
"I like dialogue in movies, though...I guess that's why I like Kevin Smith films.  Anyway, Tarantino > Rodriguez."
Planet Terror is infinitely better in every way; Death Proof is awful. The only good part of DP was when everyone shut up and the car chase happened but by then I was already bored out of my mind and so withdrawn as to not really care anymore. What Tarantino does most of the time, especially in DP, is not "dialogue," it's self-fellatio. I enjoy dialogue too but when scenes feel like a contrived way for the writer to have a conversation with himself and doesn't feel like characters in a scene having a conversation, I draw the line. In any case, dialogue doesn't excuse an awful film.