#1 Edited by Jack_Daniels (1417 posts) -
#2 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

I think the last time I cried at a movie was Titantic. There's a scene where this old couple cuddles up in a bed as the room floods with water. I don't know, that kind of hit me in a soft spot.

I don't know if it's in the spirit of this topic, but the John Coffee execution scene from Green Mile makes me tear up from time to time.

#3 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

It's been a while since I cried, but I'll go for Benjamin Button. I cried good there.

#4 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

The Lion King... I think.

#5 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

#6 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

Legends of the Fall,  

Goddamn you Anthony Hopkins you fucking legend you,  

A single tear, I won't deny it.

#8 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Marley & Me...fuck the end of that film.

#9 Posted by ESREVER (2698 posts) -

I can't remember the last movie that made me cry. However, the last show that made me bawl like a big baby was Clannad. 
The last game that made me tear up was Valkyria Chronicles I think. 

I'll try to get back to you about the movie though.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

None, for only the weak and stupid express emotions, especially in public.

#11 Posted by GioSpy (99 posts) -

Toy Story 3. Dammit. Pixar is awesome.

#12 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

500 days of summer. I saw that at a very bad time.

#13 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I don't remember, maybe I lack certain emotions. Usually I laugh at those moments I think, not sure.

#14 Posted by AjayRaz (12476 posts) -

i don't think i've seen a movie that made me cry, but Toy Story 3 was very, very close to being the first. 

#15 Posted by CornBREDX (5995 posts) -

Pick one. I always cry at movies, either because they are so tremendously bad I am so offended and I can't stand it (see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland) or because something the directors did or something that happens in the movie impacts me in some way.  

I dont cry in public though, only seems to happen when I'm watching movies alone. Don't think I havent tried, Girls seeing you cry is pretty cool to them and my ex wife always wanted to see me cry, but I can't cry around other people (unless it's a totally fucked up movie, like Requiem for a Dream. That movie scarred me for life).
#16 Posted by hedfone (1731 posts) -

no movies but damn persona 3 gets heavy

#17 Posted by InfamousBIG (3227 posts) -
@Sarumarine said:
" I think the last time I cried at a movie was Titantic.  
...should I say something, or shouldn't I? 
#18 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1458 posts) -

I'm 34 and have honestly never cried over a movie. And I'm not just saying that to sound badass. It's for the same reason a movie has never scared me: I know it's all actors and special effects.

#19 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Insert any Pixar movie here. Especially Toy Story 3 and Up. Finding Nemo made me tear up a little, as well as Monsters, Inc. I'm a softy.

#20 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

When I was eight I cried during the rugrats movie. You cunts. 

I can't cry at films now though. I would have cried at the end of toy story 3 or up if it were possible.

#21 Posted by Veektarius (5019 posts) -

For movies I'd have to go back a ways but I just watched the end of Exodus at the beginning of Season 3 of BSG with Tigh and Starbuck lost as the people celebrate Adama's rescue.  I had some tears going on.  I'm not going to try to draw the distinction between tearing and crying. 

#22 Posted by jinxman (514 posts) -

Toy Story 3, when Andy was giving up Woody to the little girl.  So touching. :')

#23 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -

Last movie I cried to was Up. More specificly When he finds the adventure journal and see's that it was filled with pictures of their life together.

#24 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1417 posts) -
@Fajita_Jim:  Ohhhh. Thought they were all documentaries.
#25 Posted by KME93 (206 posts) -

Toy story 3 had me in tears i will admit, but the first movie that made me cry was I am Legend that dog reminded me a shit ton of my dog and just the thought of that scene makes me sad :(

#26 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
@Fajita_Jim said:

"I'm 34 and have honestly never cried over a movie. And I'm not just saying that to sound badass. It's for the same reason a movie has never scared me: I know it's all actors and special effects. "

Hey exactly the samething happens to me. I don't get scared either for any videogames or movies. Nice to know there is someone is exactly like that. 

For others, I don't even know where you are suppose to cry at toy story 3? There is nothing sad about the movie, unless I didn't get the memo.
#27 Posted by Jimbo (9993 posts) -

I have never cried over a movie, because I'm British.  I frowned slightly for a brief moment when the little girl runs along the beach in The Patriot.

#28 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@AckbarTheGreat said:
" Last movie I cried to was Up. More specificly When he finds the adventure journal and see's that it was filled with pictures of their life together. "
Yeah.

Bastards.
#29 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

never

#30 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

Last movie as in latest movie? Cause i cried pretty recently while watching The Green Mile, but that's like 99 i think.

#31 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

at the end of Toy Story 3 
it took all my effort not to cry, so much that it hurt a little
#32 Posted by Lukeweizer (2765 posts) -

Showgirls.

#33 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

Little Miss Sunshine. 

@nintendoeats said:

" 500 days of summer. I saw that at a very bad time. "
D'awww. I have to imagine seeing it at that time would be fucking rough. Great movie, though.
#34 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@Sarumarine said:
" I think the last time I cried at a movie was Titantic. There's a scene where this old couple cuddles up in a bed as the room floods with water. I don't know, that kind of hit me in a soft spot.  I don't know if it's in the spirit of this topic, but the John Coffee execution scene from Green Mile makes me tear up from time to time. "

This scene is actually based on a real life situation aboard the doomed liner. Isidor Straus is the name of the man shown there, and woman was Ida, if my memory serves me correctly. They were offered a place aboard one of the lifeboats, though Isidor said he would not leave until every woman aboard the ship had been rescued. It is inaccurate in displaying them in a bed, as they supposedly lay on deck chairs instead, waiting for the torrents of water to drown them. Ida did not leave her husband, and the two died aboard the ship. Yes: Isidor Straus was one of the co-owners of the Macy's department store. So, there you have it! Some trivial information for you.

As for films I have cried at, there have been no films. There was a short film shown at Christmas each year, called 'The Snowman'. I don't know why, but the song used during the flight sequence used to leave me in tears. It's weird that music seems to have more of an effect than a visual action, but still.
#35 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

End of the Shawshank redemption when then finally meet up after everything they went through.

#36 Posted by angelfan91 (892 posts) -

The Cove. That movie was sad.  Fucking Dolphin Slayers (Dibs on that band name)
Bonus: I also saw Ever After when I was 7 and cried my ass off.  They treated Drew Barrymore like shit in that movie.  Now that I'm wiser, I realize she had it coming. :)

#37 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Bridge to terabithia . Ok I didnt cry but I was really really sad  

#38 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -
@InfamousBIG said:
" @Sarumarine said:
...should I say something, or shouldn't I?  "
Go for it! Heh heh.
#39 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6311 posts) -

I got misty-eyed at the end of Toy Story 3, but I've never actually cried.

#40 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1270 posts) -

Pixar movies tend to make me a little teary eyed. So far it's been Wall-E and Up. Goddamn sad old man!

#41 Posted by InfamousBIG (3227 posts) -
@Sarumarine said:
" @InfamousBIG said:
" @Sarumarine said:
...should I say something, or shouldn't I?  "
Go for it! Heh heh. "
PUSSY
#42 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@Fajita_Jim said:
" I'm 34 and have honestly never cried over a movie. And I'm not just saying that to sound badass. It's for the same reason a movie has never scared me: I know it's all actors and special effects. "
This kind of, except that sometimes I think a story can be good enough that it can effect you. 

Anyway, the only movie I have ever gotten teary eyed over was Saving Private Ryan, when the old dude was at the grave. 

Shit got to me. 

And going back to what I quoted, I guess that matters because it WAS real - if not that story exactly, there's thousands exactly like it.
#43 Posted by daycru (44 posts) -

Wall-E really got me.

#44 Posted by nickux (1377 posts) -

When I was a kid that movie Awakenings got me pretty misty. I can't really recall a movie that's made me cry recently though. 

#45 Posted by smitty86 (695 posts) -
@the_hiro_abides said:
" Pixar movies tend to make me a little teary eyed. So far it's been Wall-E and Up. Goddamn sad old man! "
i went to see Up. the entire theater was crying after the 1st fifteen min. seeing that old man and the funeral was the breaking point for me
#46 Edited by easthill (351 posts) -

Last time I saw Independence Day I shed a couple of tears, weird I know. Being half way drunk might have had something to do with it though, Bill Pullmans speech moved me...

#47 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Pick a movie, any movie, and odds are I've shed a tear to it.

#48 Posted by DougQuaid (1275 posts) -

Up. 

Damn that Adventure book!  Especially when he finds the message his wife left him at the end of it.  Damn it!

#49 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Toy Story 3 >_>

#50 Posted by Kjellm87 (1722 posts) -

I got a tear  from Titanic, the music gets you.
Aslo the ending on Mother 3, o man.