#1 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

#2 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Its the 1st of December, time to start your advent calendars! Unless of course your dead inside and don't like happiness.

I went the extra mile and bought myself a LEGO City advent calendar, each day brings a new LEGO build rather than some shitty chocolate.

#3 Posted by Zaccheus (1784 posts) -

I have a chocolate calender. That LEGO think seems really cool except when you have to put all those little things somewhere.

#4 Posted by SargeGulp (238 posts) -

You just reminded me I need to get an advent calendar.

#5 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Can't find any over here with decent chocolate in it. It's all Hershey's bollocks. :(

#6 Posted by Elohym (24 posts) -

Oh hell yeah. I have to visit my grandmother soon. I may be 20 years old, but I just feel like there is no christmas unless grandma gives me a chocolate calendar :)

#7 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

Never had an Advent calendar of any sort :/

#8 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Whenever i get an advent calendar I just eat/open up everything in like 3 days.

#9 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

WTF is an advent calendar? The only calendar I ever need is my iCloud calendar on my iPhone and Mac....so....

Christmas calendar...ok....don't care...I'll be working through Christmas, certainly not counting down to that.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (14524 posts) -
@NlGHTCRAWLER

Whenever i get an advent calendar I just eat/open up everything in like 3 days.

Exactly. I have zero self restraint. I'd just gobble up everything.
#11 Posted by 49th (2670 posts) -

My Mum got me a chocolate Gruffalo one... today I had a picture of some berries.

I love Advent Calendars every year, I will never stop getting them. I am jealous of your lego one though.

#12 Posted by TheHT (10816 posts) -

what the fuck is this shit.

#13 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4577 posts) -

Wait. You guys' get food in yours? How does that even work? Ours were always just pictures that had each date covering some secret little thingy. Had to play where's Waldo for every day.

Haven't had one of those since I was a wee lad, though.

#14 Posted by 71Ranchero (2673 posts) -

Never heard of it so I think its fair to say that I wont be opening one.

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (35849 posts) -

@TheHT said:

What you'll be saying every day with an advent calendar.

#16 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@49th said:

My Mum got me a chocolate Gruffalo one... today I had a picture of some berries.

I love Advent Calendars every year, I will never stop getting them. I am jealous of your lego one though.

It cost me like £30, the Lego builds are not going to be that great but it's just kind of better than chocolate. Today I got a fireman mini fig, but get this, the fireman came with two extra pieces. Madness!

#17 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

'Eff no

#waronchristmas

#18 Posted by laserbolts (5310 posts) -

I'll be working so fuck Christmas.

#19 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

I can barely remember to do basic things during my day let alone required things that I have to do by a certain time. If I had an advent calender it would just fucking fall apart.

#20 Posted by Labman (287 posts) -

It's been years since I last had an Advent calendar, but I used to love getting those little pieces of chocolate.

Never heard of a LEGO Advent calendar...that sounds awesome!

#21 Posted by Levio (1782 posts) -

I don't believe in the Advent. Though I do believe in calendars, so I'm kind of on the fence here...

#22 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@Levio: I'm an agnostic non-Christian, but I enjoy advent calendars and other Christmas traditions simply because they are fun.

#23 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@TheHT said:

What you'll be saying every day with an advent calendar.

Advent calenders are fucking awesome, Santa won't be visiting you two this year.

#24 Posted by Video_Game_King (35849 posts) -

@Bucketdeth said:

Santa won't be visiting you two this year.

Of course he won't. I killed him three years ago.

#25 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Bucketdeth said:

Santa won't be visiting you two this year.

Of course he won't. I killed him three years ago.

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (35849 posts) -

@Bucketdeth:

Why are you so saddened? I removed a terrible threat from the Earth. Satan Claus no longer has any influence over you! YOU ARE NOW FREE!

#27 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@Hizang: They still do those LEGO calendars? I had them for two or three years when I was crazy into lego. That is amazing.

#28 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Bucketdeth:

Why are you so saddened? I removed a terrible threat from the Earth. Satan Claus no longer has any influence over you! YOU ARE NOW FREE!

BUT PRESENTS.

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (35849 posts) -

@Bucketdeth:

It seems you are still bound by his greed. Even after these years have passed, you will not let go of your false idol.

#30 Edited by aquamarin (555 posts) -

I wish I knew what you were talking about, but I've been dead inside for almost 5 years now.

#31 Edited by LikeaSsur (1488 posts) -

What's an advent calendar?

Edit: I MUST HAVE ONE.

#32 Posted by Grillbar (1792 posts) -

i get 2 chocolate calenders every year 1 from my mom and 1 from my grandma and i never touch them. i have told them to please dont waste the money on me but they dont want to. same with easter eggs.

also i never have time

every year starting late november till midt jan im lucky if i get 1 day off a week. the entire december i get 3 days off total.

#33 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -
@Tylea002

@Hizang: They still do those LEGO calendars? I had them for two or three years when I was crazy into lego. That is amazing.

There great, there is a LEGO city one and a LEGO Star Wars one, the LEGO Star Wars one has a Father Christmas version of Darth Maul.
#34 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

Man, you've made me realise that I don't even have an advent calender yet.

#35 Posted by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

You mean nobody has the Samurai Power Rangers advent calender?!!!

#36 Posted by Fattony12000 (6969 posts) -