#1 Posted by Jay444111 (2640 posts) -

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06/27/nationwide-helium-shortage-could-put-a-damper-on-summertime-parties/

Basically we used a shitton of it due to the United states being dumb by pricing it low. Now scientists are pissed off because there are only a few ways to get it on Earth.

However there is a solution to this, Helium 3 and THE MOON!!! Yep... we are going to need to colonize the Moon within 30 years! Yay for that, boo for Helium shortage, tell you party balloon guys to stop wasting it so scientists that actually need it can use it!

#2 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3217 posts) -

If animated old misanthropes would stop being cheapskates and buy tickets to South America instead of trying to float their entire fucking house there with thousands of balloons we wouldn't have this problem.

#3 Posted by ShaggE (7066 posts) -

Fine, I'll stop buying helium people. Only nitrogen people from here on out.

#4 Posted by Doctorchimp (4158 posts) -

So with the helium shortage...are you finally going to breathe oxygen and make sense?

#5 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (866 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

If animated old misanthropes would stop being cheapskates and buy tickets to South America instead of trying to float their entire fucking house there with thousands of balloons we wouldn't have this problem.

This.

#6 Posted by TwoLines (3022 posts) -

I think someone's a little cray cray.

#7 Posted by ZeForgotten (10368 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

So with the helium shortage...are you finally going to breathe oxygen and make sense?

Hah!

#8 Posted by Suicrat (3829 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

I love you almost as much as I love the proper implementation of commas, ShaggE.

#9 Edited by ShaggE (7066 posts) -

@Suicrat said:

@ShaggE said:

I love you almost as much as I love the proper implementation of commas, ShaggE.

You should see my work with semicolons. I can semi the fuck out of some colons. :P

There's a joke here about people calling me the Colon Cleanser, but I'd be pulling the punchline out of my ass.

#10 Posted by OllyOxenFree (5005 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:

OH SHIT!
#11 Posted by foggel (2777 posts) -

“What will I do instead of balloons? Oh my goodness, I don’t know, I have no idea,” 

The horror!

#12 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1190 posts) -

There's been a supposed shortage for years now.

#13 Posted by cyraxible (702 posts) -

What's more scientific than seeing if this here lawn chair can get over the county line by balloon?

#14 Posted by Tokoname (29 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@Doctorchimp said:

Hah!

Haaaaaaaaaaah!

#15 Posted by dudeglove (9054 posts) -
#16 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2647 posts) -

Jay's threads need their own QA team

#17 Posted by Grillbar (1956 posts) -

there have been a shortage of helium for quite some time though it can be mined in siberia since there are large desosits there, also chocolate is also starting to go in to shortage

#18 Posted by MrKlorox (11142 posts) -

But how will I euthanize myself without helium?

#19 Posted by Sogeman (886 posts) -

Helium 3...Iron Sky

#20 Posted by Deadmanforking (583 posts) -

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

There's been a supposed shortage for years now.

#21 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -
@Doctorchimp

Ha.

And, as others have said, there's been a shortage for years. This is old news.
#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (36567 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

However there is a solution to this, Helium 3 and THE MOON!!! Yep... we are going to need to colonize the Moon within 30 years!

Fuck you.

#23 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

But...funny voices!