Tips on studying and Avoiding procrastination!

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deusdigit

I'm in the process of studying, my best subject thus far is social studies. Problem is, i've tried to access the other chapters of this book related to other subject areas. i can't continue much further because it seems like some information is missing. Should i ask a friend for help or continue to study on my own? i gain confidence when i learn on my own and understand the material. but it seems like at times that i may be the one wrong and the material is light as day. What should i do? 

some of the information presented in the text doesn't go in depth enough sometimes and that gets pretty aggravating.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Absurd

I'd ask a friend that knows what they're doing. It's better than not knowing at all.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deusdigit
@Absurd said:
"I'd ask a friend that knows what they're doing. It's better than not knowing at all. "

Honestly i don't want to put it off any longer. i just stopped because i couldn't go on without Lieing to my self. You know? one of those situations.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b207373c6ba9
deactivated-5b207373c6ba9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly, I find that if you don't know something and ask a friend to give you at least a little insight, it may give you the motivation to keep you going when you study by yourself.

CheeseFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By CheeseFanatic

Stop going on Video Game Sites when you should be studying! Nah jk - if you are curious enough about something, wikipedia it. But since you're studying for a test, I would just study what's in the book. The teacher can't ask you any quenstions on a subject that's not discussed in the book or in the lectures.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deusdigit
@CheeseFanatic said:
"Stop going on Video Game Sites when you should be studying! Nah jk - if you are curious enough about something, wikipedia it. But since you're studying for a test, I would just study what's in the book. The teacher can't ask you any quenstions on a subject that's not discussed in the book or in the lectures. "

Honestly, this is the only place i will forum post. Wikipedia seemes to be more in depth which angers me because i half to outsource. i wish a book would Contain all of the elemets of understanding all of the material.
CheeseFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By CheeseFanatic

Yeah, but those books use steep vocab that nobody likes. And besides you got to throw into account the variable that is bias. Personally, when I learn stuff in school, I just go with the flow and learn on whatever the teacher tells me. After we have the quiz or test though, I then go on wikipedia or watch History Channel specials on it. That's how I deal with material of that nature.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

Definitely ask a friend just to make sure you know what you're doing. There's no point in assuming you are right when you can ask someone :)

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crixaliz

Hahaha! I just have to say, I'm in a very similar situation for an assignment due tomorrow

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By artofwar420

OH I thoguht you were gonna give US some tips. Ask ur friend.
MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

I'm a teacher, and I recommend group studying.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By CowMuffins
@deusdigit said:
" @CheeseFanatic said:
"Stop going on Video Game Sites when you should be studying! Nah jk - if you are curious enough about something, wikipedia it. But since you're studying for a test, I would just study what's in the book. The teacher can't ask you any quenstions on a subject that's not discussed in the book or in the lectures. "
Honestly, this is the only place i will forum post. Wikipedia seemes to be more in depth which angers me because i half to outsource. i wish a book would Contain all of the elemets of understanding all of the material. "
What are you trying to understand?
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Xeiphyer
@deusdigit: I wouldn't recommend wikipedia, it gets way too in depth and its far too easy to just get lost in it, also its written in insane language where you need to have a masters in english to actually understand things on it. 

If you need some help on something, You could always ask us, or just google it, usually you can pull up something helpful somewhere.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RetroIce4

Wikipedia. Search and search. XD

Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Heartbreak
@Xeiphyer said:
" @deusdigit: I wouldn't recommend wikipedia, it gets way too in depth and its far too easy to just get lost in it, also its written in insane language where you need to have a masters in english to actually understand things on it.   If you need some help on something, You could always ask us, or just google it, usually you can pull up something helpful somewhere. "
It's not that hard to read Wikipedia lol...
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Heartbreak: Well for some things more than others, I use it occasionally for my astronomy class in university, that shit is insane on wikipedia haha.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Afroman269

I'll bookmark this and read it later.