TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled

DeVeAn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By DeVeAn

So I waited up all night for this game to hit when it did. My First impressions were mixed. I could not stand the music. Was not upbeat like the original and it so happens that the original is one of my favorite soundtracks in a game. Since then I have played a ton and unlock the full 200/200. In the end it has awesome graphics really clean and OK music. They are trying to stay close to the current cartoon which is a or was a decent show. In the end its a fun 20 min romp with 4player co op with a dose of nostalgia which I am a sucker for. Worth every penny for me COWABUNGA DUDE!                                     

DeVeAn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DeVeAn

So I waited up all night for this game to hit when it did. My First impressions were mixed. I could not stand the music. Was not upbeat like the original and it so happens that the original is one of my favorite soundtracks in a game. Since then I have played a ton and unlock the full 200/200. In the end it has awesome graphics really clean and OK music. They are trying to stay close to the current cartoon which is a or was a decent show. In the end its a fun 20 min romp with 4player co op with a dose of nostalgia which I am a sucker for. Worth every penny for me COWABUNGA DUDE!                                     

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

If the old music was there, this game would have been way better.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By TheHBK

Imagine how many copies the game would have sold if they went this route with it. 
SNES levels:  Had the Technodrome and some levels were made longer.  The sewer Surfin level also benefitted from having a boss. 
Arcade graphics, these were better than the SNES ones though you need to include mode 7 or simulated mode 7. 
The music of course could not be touched, and using the Arcade music would be key and just use the SNES music for the levels that were not in the arcade. 
Graphics, keep the graphics the same, but either redraw the sprites but keep proportions the same or the easiest thing to do would be keep the original graphics, allow for widescreen and just include graphics filters for smoothing and stuff.  Not too much to ask for right? 
Also, of course it is 4 players. 
Seems to me like this would have been so simple for them to figure out that this is what fans would have loved more because we all ran and got the original arcade game when it came out on Xbox Live. 
Or make it even simpler, release the SNES version of the game but add 4 player mode and online and thats it.  Nothing else.  Much easier than redoing the game with 3d graphics right?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJOR64
@TheHBK said:
"Or make it even simpler, release the SNES version of the game but add 4 player mode and online and thats it.  Nothing else.  Much easier than redoing the game with 3d graphics right?"
They should have done this.  I loved the SNES version of this game and it's probably my favorite beat-em up to date.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By TheHBK

oh and just so we are clear, Slash was a much better boss than Cement Man and having Diesel/Kevin Nash/Super Shredder as the last boss was fucking awesome in the SNES version.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By iam3green

o so it is a good game? i was thinking about getting it. i remember playing turtles in time when i was younger. i usually don't buy arcade games. the last thing that i downloaded from the market place was the two fable 2 expansions, knothole island and see the future.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60

I enjoy it.

xShR3Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By xShR3Dx

I agree

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By darro

I think they should have released the SNES version with online play and release it for say 400 points or something since while this version is decent at best, the SNES version is better due to the extra levels and the original music and sound. 

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Druminator

I really don't like a couple of bosses like the one in the Sewer where you fight the pizza monsters and especially the mud man guy or whoever he is.

DeVeAn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeVeAn
@HartKnight: Stick with the SNES one, That port on TMNT 3 is poopy.