TMZ reporting Paul Walker died in a car crash today

roninenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

RIP. I remember first seeing him in Fast and Furious at a drive thru theater, while grilling some meat on the back of our truck. What an experience.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Milkman

I hope him and Ryan are spinning some sick donuts right now.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Sad news. Having watched the Fast and Furious bluray collection earlier this year, I really appreciated Paul Walker in those movies, especially contrasting against Vin Diesel. As for the acting, you try and make some of the writing in those earlier F&F films sound good, especially the original.

Thoughts with his family and friends. 2013 been a rough year.

Xaviersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Xaviersx

Condolences to his and his friend's families and friends. He seemed a solid guy, to be missed. R.I.P.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Fuck everyhing

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really sad. Rest in Peace, Paul.

I wonder what they hell they are going to do with the 7th Fast and Furious movie? He was in the middle of filming when this happened so I wonder if that movie will ever come out now, or if they will just re-write/edit it to kill off his character?

And I'm still trying to wrap my head around this being a hoax yesterday, but actually happening today. Thats some crazy Twilight Zone shit right there...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#107  Edited By csl316

It's a bummer. Society's broken up about it more than I expected. He seemed like an interesting dude that did what he loved.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: He had the same "I'm going to keep a straight face while saying nonsense lines" charm as Cage. Always makes movies way more fun when the characters don't seem to be in on the joke.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By hockeymask27

Bummer baring the second one I loved the fast and furious movies. I love how even if not the original plan 6 tried to tie them all together in one big dumb story line with tying Tokyo drift in at the end.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

And weird that the first movie is on Bravo now.. Started right around the time when the news got out. And it was printed in in tv guide papers to be on for like a week now so its not them just cashing in.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

That sucks. condolences to the family and friends.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By iamjohn

Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkk.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#113  Edited By MetalBaofu

First thought at reading the headline was that it was another hoax. Hate to see that it's true. Always sucks to hear about someone passing away, especially so unexpectedly.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Flappy

Man, this is all kinds of busted. RIP Mr. Walker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Everyone's getting so emotional and intense. The one thing Paul Walker would never have done.

OTTO14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going to miss him he was always the best part in his movies also did some truly great movies me and my bro will miss him

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

R.I.P!

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

thats what happens when you drive fast and furious

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its kinda ironic he died in a car accident. RIP Paul Walker.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#120  Edited By ThePickle

Seriously, go fuck yourself 2013.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#121  Edited By rapid

I don't even...fuck! Why???!!! God Damn It 2013 why does it seem so much depressing shit happened this year!

MAYBE THE MAYANS WERE ON TO SOMETHING 2013 IS FUCKED UP =(

@milkman said:I hope him and Ryan are spinning some sick donuts right now.

RIP Paul Walker. He helped to inspire generation of people to be interested and enthusiastic about cars with the ff series

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#122  Edited By ArbitraryWater

My favorite thing about Paul Walker are those old Hotspot conversations circa 2006 where Jeff, Rich and Carrie made fun of him all the time.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Someone enlighten me why Paul Walker is suddenly some golden boy and not just another crappy actor in a shitty action series. Not trying to be a dick. I just don't understand half of these comments considering his IMDB actor list is pretty shitty. Did he do some major work outside of movies?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I am super fucking bummed. He seemed like such a great dude.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

The franchise won't be the same without him. :'(

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

@milkman said:

That brought a smile to my face.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@tycobb said:

Someone enlighten me why Paul Walker is suddenly some golden boy and not just another crappy actor in a shitty action series. Not trying to be a dick. I just don't understand half of these comments considering his IMDB actor list is pretty shitty. Did he do some major work outside of movies?

He was at a charity event.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

This is pretty crappy, though like another poster said at least it wasn't to drugs, alcohol, or some other addiction. He wasn't an amazing actor but he was a good one. I enjoyed a lot of his films and he mostly got flack because of the F&F films. Still, always sad when someone passes. While I think humor is the best medicine I think some people don't understand the difference between being a dick and being humorous. Too many people drooling at the mouth to make jokes at the expense of the man's death.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#128  Edited By tourgen

I read that he had a passenger in the car too - his financial guy. Sucks.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@tycobb said:

A charity HE founded, too. Seemed like a good dude.

Also, calling F&F a "shitty action series" is a major disservice as to how incredible Fast 5 and 6 are. He may have not been a great actor but he made some undeniably entertaining stuff with movies like those, Running Scared, and Joy Ride.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#130  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@darthorange: He apparently did a lot of charity work, according to Mikey Neumann, and by all accounts, he was a very nice guy.

Anyway, people dig dumb action movies and they develop attachments to the action stars, regardless of the quality of the acting.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By roboculus92

Seriously fuck off 2013

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He had absolutely no acting talent, yet, in my heart, is one of the greatest actors we will ever see on Earth.

RIP

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Dallas_Raines

http://www.electricfeast.com/paul-walker-is-dead-at-40-its-okay-to-be-sad-about-it/

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Sackmanjones

I hope Ryan can express his love for his movies in those premuim D box seats. R.I.P both of ya.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#135 jeanluc  Staff

Man 2013 started off with such promise but has really turned into a shit year overall.

My deepest condolences to Paul Walker's family and friends.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2516327/Fast-And-Furious-actors-Dwayne-Johnson-Ludacris-lead-way-stars-pay-tribute-Paul-Walker.html

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#138  Edited By KaneRobot

@johncallahan said:

Fucking fuck! First Ryan, now Paul Walker.

On he bright side, only losing two people in an entire year is pretty impressive.

F&F7 hype shall be something not seen since The Crow came out. Not overwhelming, but very powerful. The actor essentially dying "in character," for lack of a more accurate/more tasteful term.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Jeff is having a terrible 2013. This year has been totally shit, come on 2014.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freshbandito said:

@everettescott said:

@wolfgame

:

everyone reacts to death differently. Not everyone gets somber and upset over it. Especially if it's someone that has in no way affected their life personally. Not to say I'd talk shit about someone passing though, just pointing stuff out.

My only problem with the jokes is how the majority of people on this site reacted with violent backlash when anyone used similar dark humor in the wake of Ryan's passing but will now be doing their best to think up a pun related to fast and furious.

I mean, these are the giantbomb.com forums, not the paulwalker.com forums. Surely you can see the difference. I'm sure on Paul Walker related websites that sort of thing would be far less tolerated.

And hey, look, it's obviously sad when anyone dies before their time, but his death doesn't change how ludicrous those movies are.

It's still a double standard and let's not forget that there was a huge uproar when another site's podcast mentioned Ryan's death and people here called for their heads over a joke and got pretty vile about the hosts and acted as though Ryan's death was a sacrosanct happening that none but these forums may mention without being furiously judged. I just wonder whether those same people realise exactly what you said about how one group should not be expected to treat a death the same way as another closer tied group.

I've never seen the movies or any Paul Walker film so I'll have to take your word on how daft they are though.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#141  Edited By TruthTellah
@onekillwonder_ said:

@darthorange said:

@tycobb said:

A charity HE founded, too. Seemed like a good dude.

And after serving in relief efforts in Haiti following the massive earthquake in 2010, he created and led an organization of skilled first responders which helped provide life-saving aid and relief to victims of numerous natural disasters over the last three years, including the earthquake in Chili and the recent typhoon in the Philippines.

He was an actor that seemed genuinely interested in doing more for others after finding commercial success.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it make me a terrible person that the first place my brain went was the intense irony of the star of The Fast and the Furious dying in a car wreck? Yes? I thought so. :(

Yes, you're terrible. As terrible as myself. :(

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By slyspider

I hope Ryan can express his love for his movies in those premuim D box seats. R.I.P both of ya.

This fucking got me hard. Man year of Luigi is living up to how shitty Luigi is...

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

What does it say about me that I misread that as "I hope him and Ryan are sipping some dick donuts right now."

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ch3burashka

He died how he lived.

RIP Paul Walker, the greatest B-tier actor ever.

It's amazing how much I care - I have Giant Bomb to thank for that, most likely. I hope they stop making FF movies now; trying to go on after this would be too cruel.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Krullban

Wasn't there a hoax article yesterday saying he died in a car accident?

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

What does it say about me that I misread that as "I hope him and Ryan are sipping some dick donuts right now."

It says you're dyslexic. I'm sorry; you have 6 months to live.

TheMathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

that is terrible news. I wish his family and friends (especially Vin Diesel) well.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tycobb said:

This is the thing I hate most about actor deaths. When they die suddenly they're amazing and everyone loved them. It's always the same. Annoys me to no end.

He was always the weakest link in the Fast and the Furious honestly. That being said it won't be the same, without him. RIP to him and condolences to his family.

Kiri90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Saw this come through via Twitter on my phone, and I was really bummed. Like others said, he wasn't the greatest actor, but I appreciated his acting. I'll miss seeing him in movies, and he seemed like a good guy off-camera too.

My dog, Ryan, Paul Walker, ...#Fuck2013.