• 64 results
#51 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

It's not as glamorous as you might think. When I was young, and only beginning my internet journey, I dreamed of one day having a mod tag. Or, at the very least, a VIP tag, something which highlighted special members of the community on gamers.com, though gave them no powers. I frequented a community for years, and was finally given the honor. It lasted for about a week before I screwed up and they took away my responsibility. That's when I learned that being a moderator isn't about glory, isn't about popularity, it's about responsibility.

I'm glad I'm a moderator here at GiantBomb. It's a way for me to give back to this community, and feel like I'm a part of something. I police the site, and help n00bs make this place their home. We all have important roles to play, though. You don't have tags, but frequent bloggers like are just as important to this community being successful as moderators, at least in my view. As are wiki editors, clan organizers, lurkers, and everyone else. We all have to do our part. I just have a banhammer ; )

#52 Posted by Village_Guy (2656 posts) -

I figure it's all about having the gun pointed at the head of the universe - in all seriousness though, I doubt it's actually that great, it seems like it is a thankless job, but still I wouldn't refuse the honor.

The way I figure it, the people in the trenches - marking the targets for the big guns - are just as important, as the guys controlling the artillery, who throws down the banhammer.

#53 Posted by Sackmanjones (4780 posts) -
@Video_Game_King

It's like being a parent.

Perfect. Good day sir
#54 Posted by sungahymn (1034 posts) -

It's great and it sucks at the same time, I imagine, like many other jobs out there.

#55 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

I actually got excited when I saw red folk appear to answer haha. I wonder what happens when two mods disagree with each other?

#56 Posted by pyromagnestir (4333 posts) -

@Erzs said:

I actually got excited when I saw red folk appear to answer haha. I wonder what happens when two mods disagree with each other?

Sex happens. The winner of the sex is then the winner of the argument.

#57 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: I'm pretty glad politics isn't sorted out the same way!

#58 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

Well all you mods do a fine job of keeping the site civil. Even though I got in trouble with a few mods in the past. Its all good you guys do whats necessary to make the online community a better place. BRAVO!

#59 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

I don't want to be a superhero, never really cared 'bout society

#60 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

I don't want to be a superhero, never really cared 'bout society

Sometimes we need heroes to keep the peace. Me I'm no hero never was never will be, i'm just an old killer hired to do some wet-work.

#61 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Jay444111 said:

I imagine it is much like being a really smart scientist... there is always the temptation to create a half man half dog monstrosity yet it only happens if you let the power consume you

You just reminded me of a certain terrible event in my favorite anime. You bastard. We're talking a tragedy that comes right after the most happy-go-lucky episode in the entire damn thing. It flushes every bit of happiness and joy that one might have gained from that episode into a deep, dark, depressing hole.

Damn...I have to finish watching that show. Fuck, I should just watch it all again.

#62 Edited by MattyFTM (14423 posts) -

@Hizang said:

One of them has balls for a mouth.

How the hell did I know this was going to be one of the first comments on here?

Anyway, as for the initial question of the thread. Being a moderator would be a lot better if I could just instantly ban anyone who accuses my avatar of having testicles on his face.

#63 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

@Hizang said:

One of them has balls for a mouth.

How the hell did I know this was going to be one of the first comments on here?

Anyway, as for the initial question of the thread. Being a moderator would be a lot more better if I could just instantly ban anyone who accuses my avatar of having testicles on his face.

LMAO!

#64 Posted by Marino (4749 posts) -

This site has forums?

Staff