#1 Edited by taxidriver (1 posts) -

I liked the original, hated the 2nd, but loved Tokyo Drift because of the soundtrack, the cars, & it's straight-foward story. 4&5 I didn't see yet. Which is your favorite F&F; film & why?

#2 Posted by LD50 (412 posts) -

I'd have to say Tokyo Drift. I watched it three times in a row the first time I saw it. The first is nostalgic. 2 Fast 2 Furious wasn't bad, I liked the Roman Pearce character.

The others have been so-so IMO.

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7098 posts) -

5 is far better than Tokyo Drift. Because it's actually a good movie and not just good for a F&F movies.

#4 Posted by brodywb (192 posts) -

Fast 5 is definitely the best movie.

#5 Posted by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

5>1>3>2>4

Any of those movies are better than they have any right to be.

#6 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

The Fast & The Furious is awesome, 2 Fast 2 Furious is pretty alright, I like Tokyo Drift because of the locale shots and the soundtrack, Fast & Furious was a fun return to style, but Fast Five is the absolute best.

#7 Posted by Hunter5024 (6149 posts) -

Tokyo Drift is pretty great actually, even better than the first. Fast Five is probably a better movie, but it gets away from what the series is about in a lot of ways. The Fast and The Furious used to mean something mannn. I'd say 3=5>1>4>>>>>>2 I have trouble enjoying 2 even ironically.

#8 Posted by SmasheControllers (2570 posts) -

3,5,1,4, 2. Can't stand 2 Fast.

#9 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

For me, Fast Five and Tokyo Drift are my favorites (can't decide which one I prefer, so it's a tie). As far as the other ones, I liked the first one, haven't seen the second, and found the fourth unbelievably dull.

@Grissefar said:

Any of those movies are better than they have any right to be.

#10 Posted by KoolAid (1090 posts) -

I just re watched Tokyo Drift a few days ago and was really surprised how good it was. I remember being really into initial d when I first saw it in theaters too.

Fast Five was cool. But I'm pretty bummed it was a heist movie and not a racing movie.

#11 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Fast Five is my favorite followed by Tokyo Drift. I don't really care about the other three, they're just kind of there.

#12 Posted by Vonocourt (2174 posts) -

Fast Five, then Tokyo Drift, The Fast and the Furious, Fast and Furious...finally that drek 2 Fast.

But Tokyo Drift on paper sounds like one of the worst films ever made, but I felt like Justin Lin added a nice bit of self-acknowledgement that really helped.

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10346 posts) -

Gotta love Tokyo drift. And to keep count, it is the only Fast and Furious movie that climaxes with an actual fucking race.

#14 Posted by MightyDuck (1543 posts) -

I'd have to rate Tokyo Drift up there as well. I couldn't stand it at first but it's grown on me. I loved "2Fast2Furious" when I was in high school...but I'd say that's one of the weaker movies in the series, along with 4.

5 > 1+3 > 2 > 4

#15 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

They all run together for me. Cars go vroom vroom, some tertiary character dies, the effects of nitrous oxide are hilariously exaggerated, and somehow the director manages to convince a theater full of sane adults that drag racing is still cool.

Meh.

#16 Posted by Devil240Z (3493 posts) -

The original is the best. Hate to admit it but that film changed my life.

#17 Edited by Sanj (2621 posts) -

5, 3,1,4,2

Go see 4 and 5.

#18 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

I hate them all equally abominations put forth by vin diesel.

#19 Posted by Fattony12000 (7675 posts) -
#20 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

I like all Fast and Furious films.

#21 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

5,1,4,2... 3. I'm surprised to see so much love for 3. I thought it was ok but was the worst one by far.

#22 Posted by DazbotAthertron (874 posts) -

Tokyo Drift for sure!

#23 Posted by Hosstile17 (772 posts) -

They are all watchable in totally different and sometimes laughable ways. Fast 5 is the best movie. The first is the most ironic. The second movie is the funniest and arguably the worst. The third is the best car movie. The fourth movie is probably the best plot, but wasted potential.

#24 Posted by BrainSonata (104 posts) -
@Hunter5024

Tokyo Drift is pretty great actually, even better than the first. Fast Five is probably a better movie, but it gets away from what the series is about in a lot of ways. The Fast and The Furious used to mean something mannn. I'd say 3=5>1>4>>>>>>2 I have trouble enjoying 2 even ironically.

@Meowshi

They all run together for me. Cars go vroom vroom, some tertiary character dies, the effects of nitrous oxide are hilariously exaggerated, and somehow the director manages to convince a theater full of sane adults that drag racing is still cool.

Meh.

Both of these ring true for me.
#25 Posted by AlexW00d (6545 posts) -

@Napalm said:

The Fast & The Furious is awesome, 2 Fast 2 Furious is pretty alright, I like Tokyo Drift because of the locale shots and the soundtrack, Fast & Furious was a fun return to style, but Fast Five is the absolute best.

Spot on.

#26 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

Tokyo Drift is Awesome for the following reasons

(1) Brad from Home Improvement and Lucas Black ruin a housing development while Kid Rock's Bawittabaa plays

(2) DK? Donkey Kong is like the Justin Timberlake of Japan

(3) Lil Bow-Wow

(4) The dad lives in a house that barely fits two people but has a garage big enough to fit a massive muscle car.

(5) Han.

(6) Also the movie happens in the extreme future because Han dies (spoilerz) and Han has been alive in the last two movies.

(7) Han drifts around ladies to get there number.

#27 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i don't like 4 too much. they're pretty great movies.

#28 Posted by The_Nubster (2416 posts) -

None of those films are "good," in the way you'd call Drive good or Pulp Fiction good. However, they're all very fun movies with surprisingly likeable characters, and the final chase of Fast Five was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen in a movie. Because fuck physics and reality and logic, because fuck you. It was great.

#29 Edited by Ben_H (3503 posts) -

First one will always be my favourite. I've seen it so many times I have the entire thing memorize. Fifth would be second, then fourth. Then 3 and 2 would tie for last because they're both terrible, though I do admit 3 has its charms. 2 Fast 2 Furious is just an all-around awful movie. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSS 

Edit: I think the love for 3 comes from people who saw that one when it first came out and didn't see the earlier ones. I saw the original when it first came out so it will always be the special one to me because I just watched the rest one day when I was bored.

#30 Posted by believer258 (12459 posts) -

@sickVisionz said:

5,1,4,2... 3. I'm surprised to see so much love for 3. I thought it was ok but was the worst one by far.

This. I don't hate it but I didn't at all like 3. I also didn't much like 5.

Anyway, I still like the second one best, followed by the fourth and then the first.

#31 Posted by Jace (1097 posts) -

Tokyo Drift is the best movie for people who love cars, which is why it's my favorite.

#32 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1484 posts) -

I always love to go fast.

#33 Posted by NTM (7688 posts) -

That film is terrible. Man, the characters... ugh.

#34 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Fast Five is easily the best one.

#35 Posted by GunstarRed (5580 posts) -

Fast Five is a masterpiece, yeah I said it. I like all but the second one, what a pile of shit.

#36 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

The original is easily the best, you're all just weeaboos.

#37 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6407 posts) -

Give credit where credit is due: 2 Fast 2 Furious had acting by Ludacris is it. Worth the price of admission right there.

#38 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

@Skogen said:

The original is easily the best, you're all just weeaboos.

Isn't the original one packed with half naked Asians bending over cars and based around West Coast Triad/Yakuza? No less weaboo than Tokyo Drift. Iirc, the TD has a white man going to Japan and he doesn't score with Asian women, the total opposite of the weaboo dream. Hell, that's the weaboo nightmare if anything.

#39 Posted by Geno (6476 posts) -

Liked 1 and 2 the most, seemed the most iconic of the series. Tokyo Drfit's ending was a little anti-climactic and I wish they could have played up the Yakuza aspect a little bit more, never really felt like anything was at stake. 

#40 Posted by _Zombie_ (1477 posts) -

I agree with the "Fast Five, then Tokyo Drift" sentiment.

#41 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

Tokyo Drift is my favourite Fast and Furious movie because the first time I watched the movie, it felt really nostalgic because I havent been to Tokyo in a year.  

#42 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3947 posts) -

The Rock is not in Tokyo Drift. That disproves your argument. Good day to you SIR.

#43 Posted by advocatefish (366 posts) -

I have a active dislike for 4. 3 is fine but good lord is the acting bad. I like 2 more than many people seem to.

1>5>2>3>4.

#44 Edited by namesonkel (412 posts) -

Tokyo Drift is as complex story-wise as any car movie could be without looking stupid. Meaning not very complex at all. It's pretty straight forward and follows a good theme of a young guy learning the ways of a new city, driving cars is the main focus of the story and Han is a really likable character. It just doesn't pretend to be any more than it is, a racing movie.

It is definitely the best of the movies in my opinion, followed by the first movie. Fast five is better than the others but not really a racing/car movie, which is what I come to this series for I guess.

#45 Posted by Cheesebob (1257 posts) -

DUDE. Fast 5 is such a fantastic action film and easily the best Fast and Furious film of ALL TIME. Not saying much, but still.

#46 Posted by razkazz (167 posts) -

Tokyo Drift's the only one I haven't seen, I'd always heard bad things. I love 1, 4, & 5, and hate 2 Fast; guess I'll have to check this one out. The first will always have a special place in my heart since I'm not at all a car person and dragged my equally non-car person friend to see it when it came out because there was nothing else playing and I was a 16 year old rap fan. We had no idea there was an undercover cop/heist angle to the story and ended up being completely blown away. Also, it had Jordana Brewster from "The Faculty" and she's like my friend's dream girl so it was pretty much my most well received instance of dragging someone to something against their will.

#47 Posted by Venatio (4497 posts) -

Tokyo Drift was my favorite until Fast Five came out but it's still a close second, love that stupid movie

2 Fast 2 Furious still sucks though, worst in the series by far

#48 Posted by WINDWAKER1 (49 posts) -

It's definitely underrated IMO. I like 5 the most but Tokyo Drift isn't bad. Also liked 4 even though it got a little too serious.

#49 Posted by psylah (2188 posts) -

Tokyo Drift wasn't great. I am even a fan of cars/drifting and the only parts I remember from that movie was the opening race (which was the highest point), Keiichi Tsuchiya's cameo, and the RS200 racing an AE86.