Tonight's South Park needed to be the finale.

• 71 results
donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By donchipotle

Not the season finale. The series finale. It was the best way to go out, especially given how Trey and Matt feel about Comedy Central. Anyone agree/disagree? The fact that it was anything but a happy ending cements my belief that it should've been the final episode. Because let's be honest here, South Park is not as good as it has been in the past. They said it best tonight: "It is the same old shit, just in crazier situations".

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MisterChief

As someone who hasn't been watching recently should I watch this episode?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By donchipotle

@MisterChief said:

As someone who hasn't been watching recently should I watch this episode?

Sure. As long as you know the main characters you'll be fine.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Slaker117

I fell off South Park last season. Mind explaining what happened?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I hope South Park never ends.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By habster3

I don't know, man. Even though South Park is not as good now as it used to be, it still supplies some laughter. Plus, they're still making a lot of money off of the show, and the ratings are pretty high.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By donchipotle
@Slaker117 said:
I fell off South Park last season. Mind explaining what happened?
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Slaker117

I guess it would be appropriate with that ending, and I've heard this last season was pretty poor. I'd be a little sad to see it go, even if I haven't been keeping up, but if the creative impetuous isn't there, they should let it die.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well its not like Family Guy and the Simpsons are doing any better...  ill go catch that episode on Netflix or something

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ryanwho

It'd be better for them to stop now before every fucking tertiary character in the town gets their own string of episodes.
k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k9

Tonight was such a great episode. At first I thought tonight's episode was going to be about poking fun at music of lady gaga and her contemporary artists but the show did a 180 and made the story about commentary on itself. I have noticed quite a number of people online proclaiming that south park has been on a downhill lately though a notion like that seems unwarranted. I have watched all seasons of south park from beginning to end at least 5 times, and south park has matured quite a lot in its storytelling and style of social critique. The first few seasons feel like a cheap knock off compared to the south park of today. Tonight's episode further reinforced for me just how great of a series South Park really is.

As long as absurdity, ridiculousness, and craziness exists in this world shows like south park and daily show need to be on tv to point out the foolishness of it all. If Matt and Trey themselves are tired of the show then maybe it's time for the show to end. Otherwise keep poking fun at the idiocy of this world. I know I will watch it.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chop
@Slaker117:  

This season has actually been the best in a long time. Anyone who says otherwise is one of those cynical assholes South Park was addressing tonight. 
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Slaker117
@Chop: Well, all my friends do suck, so that's a distinct possibility.
Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Bestostero

The last few seasons have sucked because I think they try to tie in too much of current events, I think they're only relevant for that week and then become old news, go back to the old episodes where they were good not because they were the week's hot topics, but because they were actually good material. 

As for people thinking it's the last season, I doubt it, I don't think it will end yet, i think they're just creating hype with thoughts of the series ending, South Park is too good to end even if the new episodes are shit. see what i did there lol

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zonikjj

I looooooove this episode!

rpoland123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rpoland123

I liked the L.A. Noire and  Custer's Revenge references

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By ReyGitano

It takes maturity to end something when the time is right. That being said, they can just as easily turn this episode around to mean that people who are cynical are idiots who should just appreciate what they enjoy or something. I don't know, but it wouldn't be the first time South Park did something like that.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By vidiot
Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Portis

@vidiot said:

Spoilers concerning this new episode:

Brilliant, especially in context with Stan hallucinating everything is literally manifested shit.

Haha, text hidden with the spoiler tags totally show up for all to see in the activity feed on the front page. Somebody should probably fix that.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Seppli

I love South Park. If Trey and Matt are too tired to keep it going, delegate it down the line some more and cash the checks. I want South Park to keep on swinging at me with lame jokes all day - one will hit and I'll love it.

It's only like 13 episode runs each season. No problem to keep it going FOREVER! This is the hell you created for yourselfs, now stick it out!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I feel sad.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By vidiot
@Portis said:

Haha, text hidden with the spoiler tags totally show up for all to see in the activity feed on the front page. Somebody should probably fix that.

Opps? :P
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By penguindust
@NekuSakuraba said:

I hope South Park never ends.

If they're chasing the Simpsons, it never will.  *sigh*
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I just watched it.... 
 Wow.. such a powerful, powerful episode. I love this show so much, and i agree, that should have been thee finale.. 

------------------------------------ 

@VelvetLore04
said:

Not the season finale. The series finale. It was the best way to go out, especially given how Trey and Matt feel about Comedy Central. Anyone agree/disagree? The fact that it was anything but a happy ending cements my belief that it should've been the final episode. Because let's be honest here, South Park is not as good as it has been in the past. They said it best tonight: "It is the same old shit, just in crazier situations".

care to elaborate on that ? 

@K9 said:

South park has matured quite a lot in its storytelling and style of social critique. The first few seasons feel like a cheap knock off compared to the south park of today. 

You are way off. 

@xhavoc86 said:

The last few seasons have sucked because I think they try to tie in too much of current events, I think they're only relevant for that week and then become old news, go back to the old episodes where they were good not because they were the week's hot topics, but because they were actually good material. 

I must agree... i've seen each and every season 1-9 episode at least 15 times, with the season 1-5 episodes at least 25 times.  Yet when i go back and watch a season 10-14 episode, though i like all of it and i remember enjoying it when it first aired, it doesn't feel like the timeless south park i see in the first seasons.. it feels like it died the week it was aired. 

Still, i love this show so much and get Matt and Trey so much and appreciate their style and thinking so much that i'm just happy the show is still around giving me a few laughs. But the OP is right.. this episode was extremely powerful, both criticizing what the show has become AND showcasing and criticizing the transformation from a normal person into a big cynical bummer, something that reminds me of myself too much.. 
If that was the finale, it would have been one of the greatest TV finales ever, at least to long time fans who have never missed an episode..
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By flaminghobo

Great episode but I don't know whether it should be the season or series finale it's way too much of a downer.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@Ahmad_Metallic: Why would a long time fan want it to end? South Park is still funny and awesome. Maybe if they saved it for the finale but ending it now it to soon. After watching it though, and being a long time fan (even if I haven't seen the more recent episodes) it really made me feel sad. Still, I love the show too much for it to go.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rebirth1337

If you want to watch it here it is. 
Just watched it myself and it actually was a bit of a downer. Good episode but rather sad.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By dichemstys

I personally think South Park is getting better over the years. 

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By dichemstys

I just watched the episode and it kind of hit home. Good one.

Monte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Monte

Just watched it. Damn, i'm kind of speechless

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@Rebirth1337 said:

If you want to watch it here it is. Just watched it myself and it actually was a bit of a downer. Good episode but rather sad.

Thanks for the link. I saw it myself after not having seen South Park in like forever and that was a really good ep. Definitely series finale worthy. The duck made me lol hard.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iam3green

i think south park is still good. i thought the first couple of episodes weren't that funny. its only 13 episodes a season, it is kind of good for them since it's less work. i think it only takes them like a week to make an episode. i can tell you that they aren't working that hard if it only takes them a week.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zabant

Anyone spouting shit like "the old episodes were much bettar than these new ones" are the exact people last nights episode was mocking.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Zabant: I'm pretty sure that's Matt & Trey's view on the show itself at this point though. The show itself is in that 'tween" stage- it's way past its young, naive years, but it's not a weathered veteran like The Simpsons (maybe that's a bad comparison, but you get the idea). It's at that "in-between" stage- the best years might be behind them, or they might be coming up soon, but not soon enough. 

Thought it was a fantastic episode regardless. About as heartbreaking as the Archer season finale (in a much, much different way, of course). I'm just curious as to how this will change South Park when it comes back in October. Or not. 

EDIT: In other news, I had no fucking idea that Adam Sandler was honestly making a movie where he plays a guy named Jack and his twin sister Jill. That's a fucking joke. I honestly thought it was like one of those really bad Rob Schneider parodies that South Park made up years back, but apparently it's a real movie, and that kind of disgusts me.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Zabant said:
Anyone spouting shit like "the old episodes were much bettar than these new ones" are the exact people last nights episode was mocking.
There's the "teh old albumz/episodes were bettar" tools, and there's the true fans like myself who love almost anything Matt and Trey put out, yet they simply know that the older South Park seasons were more original and had better content and more laughter 
I'll keep saying the old stuff is better, and i won't allow you to confuse me with the tools who repeat those words mindlessly 

Also, how the hell was last night's episode mocking those tools? Last night's episode was mocking cynical people who hate everything, and also mocking the creators themselves (yes, self criticism) for putting out random ass shit every new episode and getting sick of that trend.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I haven't cared much for the past few seasons of South Park, but I enjoyed that episode.

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DopeToast

I would agree with you except that I've seen in interviews that Matt and trey want to end the series with another movie, which would be awesome. This weeks episode was good though.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Twitchey

It's not. There is a part two that premieres in October.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By Rhaknar

stan is 10? so they actually aged (if only 2 years) over the 15 seasons? thought they were always 8 ( i've actually been rewatching it lately, on season 3 now, i stopped watching regulary back in season...8 or 9 or something. These early seasons have some really fucking amazing eps in them)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Rated ARG for Pirates - fuck you

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DopeToast

You should actually read IGN's review of the episode. It kind of tries to elaborate on the possible meaning of the episode.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@thevigilanteoflove said:

You should actually read IGN's review of the episode. It kind of tries to elaborate on the possible meaning of the episode.

That was a great read... thank you.  

Here's the most terrifying scene in the entire episode - 

No Caption Provided
donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By donchipotle

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

I just watched it....
Wow.. such a powerful, powerful episode. I love this show so much, and i agree, that should have been thee finale.. ------------------------------------

@VelvetLore04
said:

care to elaborate on that ?

They've been unhappy ever since Comedy Central censored the Mohammad episode. The only leeway Comedy Central seems to give them is to allow them to say shit without the bleep.

revjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By revjames

This episode would have been a fantastic way to end the series. I've been a bit down on the series in the past few years, but this season, with the Royal Wedding and last nights episode, actually brought me back to the show. I can't wait to see where they take it, hoping they don't drag the show out too long.

Avatar image for mintberrycrunch
MintBerryCrunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MintBerryCrunch

Mint Berry Crunch does NOT approve of South Park ending! 

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By Rhaknar

speaking of SP i noticed something in the season 2 ep gnomes i wanted to ask...

Theres a "step 1 something, step 2...... step 3 profit" joke / line in it... is that the original from where the meme came from? season 2 is fucking old so it might just be, i never knew tho

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Rhaknar said:
speaking of SP i noticed something in the season 2 ep gnomes i wanted to ask...  Theres a "step 1 something, step 2...... step 3 profit" joke / line in it... is that the original from where the meme came from? season 2 is fucking old so it might just be, i never knew tho
Yeah, it is :) 

And that, is why the old South Park seasons are better. they're so smart and funny, so much meme material 
Hardgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48  Edited By Hardgamer

Why does my younger brother hate this show so badly?

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By k9

Here are two of the songs featured on last night's episode. Both of them are great, though before last night's show I had never heard of Landslide before. It's certainly moving:

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@K9: Landslide is indeed a great song.

I saw Fleetwood Mac in concert once, I can't remember if they played it though :(