• 101 results
#1 Posted by TangoUp (307 posts) -

After I stopped watching sometime during season 2, I've been stumbling on re-runs here and there and I'm surprised by how much relationship stuff they've crammed into the thing. There's less science stuff and more Penny pouting.

:(

#2 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

I am in the minority among my friends... but I think that show is dog shit.

Sure I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I just watched it muted.

#3 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Was hoping this was about the theory and not the show :/.

#4 Posted by cloudymusic (1111 posts) -

That show has always been weird to me. There are occasionally some decent jokes in there, but waaaaay too often they fall into lazy shit like "HEY GUYS TRANSFORMERS HALO BATMAN NINTENDO 64!!!" as though simple references are substitutes for jokes. And yeah, they rely on "relationship drama" way too much, even for a sitcom.

I don't think it's the worst thing that's ever been created or shit like "blackface for nerds" as Reddit likes to call it, but it's probably still more bad than good.

#5 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Green Latern , Spock , cold fusion, Nintendooo... bazinga.

that's every joke in that show.

#6 Posted by TangoUp (307 posts) -

Yeah. Refer to Wonder Woman. Cue canned laughter. Refer to Heisenberg. Cue canned laughter. Sheldon and his girlfriend just talking. Cue canned laughter.

zzzzzz

#7 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

I've kept up with the latest season, and I think it's actually quite good.

It's not the best comedy on TV, but it's consistently funny and a good way to kill half an hour.

#8 Posted by Intro (1207 posts) -

Too much laugh track.

#9 Posted by Kaiserreich (699 posts) -

Too much crap on Big Bang Theory

Fixd

#10 Posted by Optix12 (614 posts) -

Remove relationship from the thread title and it is still 100% accurate. It went down the Two and a half men route after a few seasons (which is logical considering its the same guys) and I barely ever watch it anymore.

#11 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

This happens to most sitcoms or even any old show over time, because it's the easiest and laziest way to keep viewers hooked, with a big will they/won't they?

#12 Edited by optimusprime223 (399 posts) -

you guys know that show is filmed in front of a studio audience right? no laugh track...

#13 Posted by oldenglishC (957 posts) -

That show has a strange demographic. My parents, my wife's parents, and a bunch of our aunts and uncles love the shit out of it, but myself and everyone I know under the age of 50 hates it. It's like the JAG of sitcoms.

#14 Edited by TangoUp (307 posts) -

you guys know that show is filmed in front of a studio audience right? no laugh track...

There's always post-production ...

#15 Edited by Winternet (8018 posts) -

"Too much crap on Big Bang Theory"

There, I fixed it for you.

@oldenglishc You take that back. JAG is aaaamazing!

#16 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

Big Bang Theory sucks.

#17 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

oh look, internet people don't like the big bang theory.

#18 Edited by Yummylee (21629 posts) -
#19 Edited by Animasta (14691 posts) -

That show has a strange demographic. My parents, my wife's parents, and a bunch of our aunts and uncles love the shit out of it, but myself and everyone I know under the age of 50 hates it. It's like the JAG of sitcoms.

get with the times, man!

the NCIS of sitcoms

#20 Posted by Yummylee (21629 posts) -

Now that you mention it, my Nan also happens to love the show too.

#21 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#22 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Yes, please give us more of Sheldon explaining science concepts to his genius friends.

#23 Posted by cloudymusic (1111 posts) -

@tylea002 said:

This happens to most sitcoms or even any old show over time, because it's the easiest and laziest way to keep viewers hooked, with a big will they/won't they?

I think one difference here is that while most sitcoms don't put the "will they/won't they" couple together in a relationship until several seasons in when they're out of ideas, BBT did it in...what, season 2 or something?

#24 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

I don't need to be intellectually challenged when I watch a sitcom. I am fine with simple story lines, laughing at the occasional good joke, or be surprised at a nerdy reference I wasn't expecting. And I really like the characters in the show, they are outside the norm. People who say the only jokes are just "They play D&D hur dur" aren't watching the show.

#25 Posted by oldenglishC (957 posts) -

The same thing is happening on Rizzoli and Isles.

#26 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Agreed.. The nerd shit was quite funny and I wish it remained the focus, but that's Chuck Lorre for you.

#27 Edited by JasonR86 (9703 posts) -

I think the best solution is to just not watch Big Bang Theory.

#29 Posted by TangoUp (307 posts) -

Agreed.. The nerd shit was quite funny and I wish it remained the focus, but that's Chuck Lorre for you.

Did Charlie Sheen ever go into detail about why he was fed up with Lorre?

#30 Edited by EXTomar (4724 posts) -

I am in the minority of people who have no interest in Big Bang Theory. I am also in that subset of people who wonder why they believe it is funny or entertaining.

#31 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3834 posts) -

Too much crap in crap.

#32 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6298 posts) -

"Duhuhuh. Fuckin nerds." -Every punchline on The Big Bang Theory.

#33 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

How I Met Your Mother proves that sitcoms with laugh tracks can still be good, even with a downgrade in quality once season 7 hit. This show, on the other hand, is god awful.

#34 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3834 posts) -

@keres said:

I don't think it's the worst thing that's ever been created or shit like "blackface for nerds" as Reddit likes to call it, but it's probably still more bad than good.

Way too dramatic if serious, but "blackface for nerds" is pretty hilarious.

#36 Edited by thevigilanteoflove (504 posts) -

Too much Big Bang Theory in Big Bang Theory.

#37 Edited by Nilazz (613 posts) -
#38 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

I feel bad sometimes because I do find myself chuckling at the show but I just can't stand how they present "nerd culture" and how they stereotype us. It's no better than the old nerd and geek cliches from the 80's / 90's.

I can't state how painful it is that my mother compares my friends and I to characters from the show. It's awful!

#39 Edited by TangoUp (307 posts) -

They just had to ruin Sheldon with the Amy character.

#40 Edited by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

Well what do you expect? It's a bad sitcom about laughing at nerds instead of with them, of course they're going to add some stupid relationship subplot to keep the mainstream interested.

Watch some Community instead. Better nerd humor.

#41 Posted by jsnyder82 (733 posts) -

@mikkaq said:

Well what do you expect? It's a bad sitcom about laughing at nerds instead of with them, of course they're going to add some stupid relationship subplot to keep the mainstream interested.

Not this season, it's not.

#42 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

i almost find the big bang theory offensive.

its ridiculous and petty, constantly.

also, references are not substitutes for jokes. wtf people.

#43 Edited by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

@mikkaq said:

No? Too bad. I didn't watch once I read that the showrunner left this season.

#44 Posted by nerdsbeware (223 posts) -

@mikkaq said:

@jsnyder82 said:

@mikkaq said:

No? Too bad. I didn't watch once I read that the showrunner left this season.

It feels like it's trying WAY to hard to BE Community. Like the writers are trying to trick people into thinking that Harmon is still an active part of the show. It's not terrible, but it's not good either.

Also, BBT sucks. It like goes for the lowest common denominator of "nerd culture" for it's humor. It feels like it's almost pandering, but to who, I don't know? It makes me cringe when my parents go "oh it's like you and your friends."

No mom, no it isn't at all.

#45 Edited by ThePhantomStranger (359 posts) -

I stopped watching Burn Notice for the same reason.

+something about hating big bang theory or something...

#46 Edited by coakroach (2490 posts) -

I always tended to agree with the people who said that show is the nerd equivalent of a minstrel act

#47 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

The show has always been garbage.

#48 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@godlyawesomeguy said:

How I Met Your Mother proves that sitcoms with laugh tracks can still be good, even with a downgrade in quality once season 7 hit. This show, on the other hand, is god awful.

Downgrade since season 7? That show started dying in season 3, now it's just ridiculous.

Well I say now, I think I stopped after a few episodes of season 6, unbearable.

#49 Edited by GreggD (4505 posts) -

Too much Big Bang Theory

Fixd

Double fixd.

#50 Posted by jsnyder82 (733 posts) -

@sooty said:

@godlyawesomeguy said:

Downgrade since season 7? That show started dying in season 3, now it's just ridiculous.

Well I say now, I think I stopped after a few episodes of season 6, unbearable.

That show was never, ever funny. A bunch of talented people that deserve a much funnier show (and Alyson Hannigan). I'll be totally honest with you. I find that show to be just as bad as The Big Bang Theory.