Too Tired to Think Straight

Avatar image for altered_confusion
Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

User Lists: 1

Why is it that it always seems like life is going at a million miles an hour, and god forbid you trying to catch your breath because you have fallen behind on work, on life, on the latest movies, books, games, etc? It is crazy, and then you've got the wonderful world of energy drinks that pep you up for a bit and then pile-drive you into the ground. Now I know about 5 hour energy, and to be completely honest with you when I took it I felt like my face was wide awake and my body was able to move, but I continuously felt the fatigue that I was trying to mask. 

Now as part of this wonderful world of fatigue, to which I'm feeling a lot of, thanks to being on call at work for the week, I have to say that the brain is going quickly. You ever had one of those moments where you've constantly got stuff running through your head, and yet when you say it it comes out completely different, or in a way that makes no sense whatsoever? Yeah that's what I'm experiencing now. I wish I could say that the fatigue was do to power sessions of gaming for Starcraft 2, or WoW, or something gaming related, but the painful reality is that I've been dead on my feet and the best  I've been able to muster is about an hour of LIMBO before I'm finding I have relocated myself to the bed. The real fun part is that once I'm there I can't sleep, so I end up reading, and instead of reading what I need to read I end up grabbing a graphic novel and pounding that down. Beginning of the week it was Kick-Ass, now it's Scott Pilgrim.  

I almost feel like this has become one of those dear diary moments in one of those shows my wife loves, and I'm just wondering how much longer before I can turn the 360 on to play something. That's another thing, I've got a wife, 2 dogs, and a house in the middle of renovations. Oh and by the way I run a website that does game reviews, gaming news, a webcomic, and a weekly podcast. I think I put in 80 weeks (40ish for the company that pays, 40ish for my site). Oh well whatever, I enjoy doing the work on the site, and if I could have gotten into the situation that GiantBomb got themselves with Whiskey Media I'd do it full time in a heartbeat. Well I guess that's enough dreaming for this exhausted fellow, but I feel like I've gotten something accomplished simply by letting the fingers fly and allowing my brain to autopilot for just a little bit.

Avatar image for altered_confusion
Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Altered_Confusion

Why is it that it always seems like life is going at a million miles an hour, and god forbid you trying to catch your breath because you have fallen behind on work, on life, on the latest movies, books, games, etc? It is crazy, and then you've got the wonderful world of energy drinks that pep you up for a bit and then pile-drive you into the ground. Now I know about 5 hour energy, and to be completely honest with you when I took it I felt like my face was wide awake and my body was able to move, but I continuously felt the fatigue that I was trying to mask. 

Now as part of this wonderful world of fatigue, to which I'm feeling a lot of, thanks to being on call at work for the week, I have to say that the brain is going quickly. You ever had one of those moments where you've constantly got stuff running through your head, and yet when you say it it comes out completely different, or in a way that makes no sense whatsoever? Yeah that's what I'm experiencing now. I wish I could say that the fatigue was do to power sessions of gaming for Starcraft 2, or WoW, or something gaming related, but the painful reality is that I've been dead on my feet and the best  I've been able to muster is about an hour of LIMBO before I'm finding I have relocated myself to the bed. The real fun part is that once I'm there I can't sleep, so I end up reading, and instead of reading what I need to read I end up grabbing a graphic novel and pounding that down. Beginning of the week it was Kick-Ass, now it's Scott Pilgrim.  

I almost feel like this has become one of those dear diary moments in one of those shows my wife loves, and I'm just wondering how much longer before I can turn the 360 on to play something. That's another thing, I've got a wife, 2 dogs, and a house in the middle of renovations. Oh and by the way I run a website that does game reviews, gaming news, a webcomic, and a weekly podcast. I think I put in 80 weeks (40ish for the company that pays, 40ish for my site). Oh well whatever, I enjoy doing the work on the site, and if I could have gotten into the situation that GiantBomb got themselves with Whiskey Media I'd do it full time in a heartbeat. Well I guess that's enough dreaming for this exhausted fellow, but I feel like I've gotten something accomplished simply by letting the fingers fly and allowing my brain to autopilot for just a little bit.

DjTann3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DjTann3r

i'm too tired to read all of this. but i appreciate the title.