Toonami is on right now for some reason.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By RTSlord

Big 0 is after outlaw star, that series was kinda cool. Wheres my old school Robotech? that'd be awesome

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Nottle

@Redbullet685 said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

They just showed the ending to Mass Effect 3 on national television.

Christ.

They did. Thank god I wasn't watching. I still haven't started that game. Also, fucking Toonami is back?

The literally show a hallway that the ending takes place. Out of context you wouldn't even know its the ending.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Capum15
@RTSlord said:

Big 0 is after outlaw star, that series was kinda cool. Wheres my old school Robotech? that'd be awesome

Big 0 is like, still constantly played though. It's good, imo, but I've seen it a lot on AS.

Also, Tom totally called the Tenchi girls "Bitches" ("99 problems, and these Bitches are the main one"). Did he do that back then, too? I don't think he did.
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By musubi

@LordXavierBritish said:

Christ.

Your kidding right? O_o

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By N7
@RTSlord: The first one was good, but then it got fucking weeeeeird and dumb.

"He's got 99 problems... and these bitches are the main one" WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, TOM? MY INNOCENCE IS RUINED!
RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RTSlord

@Capum15 said:

@RTSlord said:

Big 0 is like, still constantly played though. It's good, imo, but I've seen it a lot on AS.Also, Tom totally called the Tenchi girls "Bitches" ("99 problems, and these Bitches are the main one"). Did he do that back then, too? I don't think he did.

really? i havent seen Big O in a long long time. and yeah i heard that too, im pretty sure he didnt call them that originally, cause im pretty sure toonami was like after school/early evening (when there are kids watching)

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Capum15
@Demoskinos: It was a half second shot of the ending area, with Tom not saying any spoilers, just that the ending was crazy.
Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Zithe

Are they showing (mostly) uncensored versions of episodes they weren't able to air before? It kind of seems that way.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By RTSlord

@Zithe said:

Are they showing (mostly) uncensored versions of episodes they weren't able to air before? It kind of seems that way.

yeah, that was during the Midnight Run (wikipedia ftw) and OH MY GOSH! i just remembered giant robot week....that was pretty legit...

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Andorski

@Nottle said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

Christ.

They did. Thank god I wasn't watching. I still haven't started that game. Also, fucking Toonami is back?

The literally show a hallway that the ending takes place. Out of context you wouldn't even know its the ending.

Sounds like the ME2 launch trailer, which was 80% scenes from the suicide mission.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By innacces14

@Andorski said:

@Nottle said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

Christ.

Sounds like the ME2 launch trailer, which was 80% scenes from the suicide mission.

Pretty much.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Zithe

@RTSlord said:

yeah, that was during the Midnight Run (wikipedia ftw) and OH MY GOSH! i just remembered giant robot week....that was pretty legit...

I was asking if censorship was maybe the reason they chose to air the episodes they are showing tonight. In a "Well, we couldn't air or had to censor these episodes a lot originally, so here we are sort of making it up to you" kind of way.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jay444111

Guys... When is this stuff on, Right now boondocks is on for me...

But, if this is true for mountain region and this is all happening. I am going to fucking cry with happiness and sadness. Completely. I mean it. Toonami was my childhood when Cartoon Network canceled it. I fully admit to crying for a day. My childhood was stomped into the dust and I became a pessimist for a while.

If this is true. Which I hope it is. I will cry with joy tonight. Anyone who bugs me tonight and forces me to not watch Toonami again is going to be punched in the face. HARD.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RTSlord

Oh dude...im remembering all the toonami shows...IGPX was awesome, too bad they never did anything with that show

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Capum15
@Jay444111: Same here, I'm guessing it might be a 1am thing, if it happens at all, but I'm watching it on the stream someone else kindly posted.

Edit: The between-episode bumps were pretty damned good.
CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#66  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

I really wish Mexas XLR had lasted. I remember really liking that show, what was is, 8 years ago? Holy shit.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Coafi

This is probably the cruelest joke ever, but at least I'll have a fun time down memory lane.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By RTSlord

wow...this is the second to last episode of outlaw star...also there were only 26 episodes? wow

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#69  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Outlaw Star!!!

Edit: I can hear the guy next door watching this too. Glad to know its not just me.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Zithe

They WOULD choose one of the episodes near the end of this show, when it got kind of dumb. Too bad.

JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By JunkHype

they should've aired episode 23 :P

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#72  Edited By Castiel

Don't know what Toonami is and don't care.

Chillax peoples.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

PAGUA SANPHA PAGUA SANPHA PAGUA SANPHA

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By N7

Damn son that bitch just got sucked into a singularity.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RTSlord

@N7 said:

sure, he'll just bust that one out on a person who isnt the main antagonist...

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@Castiel said:

Chillax peoples.

Why are you here then?

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jay444111

@JeanLuc said:

@Castiel said:

Chillax peoples.

Why are you here then?

This, people who hate Toonami, hate quality. Thus they must be burned by the stake.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Capum15
@RTSlord said:

@N7 said:

sure, he'll just bust that one out on a person who isnt the main antagonist...

You have to admit, it makes one hell of a point. "I don't have time for your shit."

Also, from Tom: Nudity and Violence, Outlaw Star on DVD.

And after Big O is Yu-Yu Hakusho.
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Toonami was and forever will be the greatest block of programming ever. God fucking dammit I watched the shit out out of it every. single. fucking. day. even when they moved it to Saturday I still stuck around.

Who remembers when the Absolution was destroyed and Tom was killed and we had to vote on a new ship and body? THAT SHIT CHANGED MY LIFE, SON

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#80  Edited By Linkin10362

Yu-Yu Hakusho is going to be on?

FUCK YES!

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#81  Edited By Red

Man...I really feel like watching Cell get the crap beaten out of him again.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Jay444111

@BabyChooChoo said:

Toonami was and forever will be the greatest block of programming ever. God fucking dammit I watched the shit out out of it every. single. fucking. day. even when they moved it to Saturday I still stuck around.

Who remembers when the Absolution was destroyed and Tom was killed and we had to vote on a new ship and body? THAT SHIT CHANGED MY LIFE, SON

I remember that. It was still as amazing as I remembered it. I even played the badass flash games they had one them. (Seriously, one of them was a full on Dragon quest kinda game with scifi instead! It was fucking awesome!)

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Capum15
@BabyChooChoo said:

I fucking remember!
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#84  Edited By musubi

Man. This is great. Horrible VO's and blatant obvious censorship of melfina included. Oh, and Aisha clan clan totally my first crush on a cat girl. I remember hunting down episode 23 on the internet so I could see the hot springs episode where she is naked.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@RTSlord said:

Oh dude...im remembering all the toonami shows...IGPX was awesome, too bad they never did anything with that show

What do you mean? They had a full 26 episode show and shit was gangsta as fuck. Or do you mean like they never did a second season, blu ray, etc and all that? Then I can understand. I would pay any amount of money for that bluray. Any. Amount.

Also, till this day, I am still shocked at how good Michelle Rodriguez was at voicing Liz. Damn...I'm about to go watch that show again.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By GnaTSoL

wow..... I'm close to tears...... Even though I'm sure its a joke for now..... They must be testing the waters for something big.... LET CARTOON NETWORK HERE YOUR VOICE GUYS!!! WE WANT A TRUE REVIVAL!!

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By RTSlord

@BabyChooChoo said:

@RTSlord said:

What do you mean? They had a full 26 episode show and shit was gangsta as fuck. Or do you mean like they never did a second season, blu ray, etc and all that? Then I can understand. I would pay any amount of money for that bluray. Any. Amount.

Also, till this day, I am still shocked at how good Michelle Rodriguez was at voicing Liz. Damn...I'm about to go watch that show again.

yeah, for some reason i thought they only did the miniseries thing...then i checked wikipedia, and i was wrong, lol...

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#88  Edited By Red

Man, my Canadian childhood meant I couldn't really watch Tsunami, but whenever I was in the states I would always stay up to watch it. I thought it was the best thing ever. Canada's lack of it was probably the main reason I hated growing up there, and fuels my Canadaphobia to this day.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By N7
@BabyChooChoo said:

I WAS THERE! Back when Tom had that virtual assistant... what was her name!? And he reviewed Ico!
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Jay444111

@GnaTSoL said:

wow..... I'm close to tears...... Even though I'm sure its a joke for now..... They must be testing the waters for something big.... LET CARTOON NETWORK HERE YOUR VOICE GUYS!!! WE WANT A TRUE REVIVAL!!

This. This just renewed our sadness, renewed out happiness and even renewed our anger. We must hold the fucking line here and NOW. If ME3 ending can change due to fan outrage we can change this network into what it once was.

We will never give in, We will never stop, we will get our childhood back, we will get our quality filled childhoods back completely. We must hold the line people! TODAY IS THE DAY WE FIGHT AGAINST OUR OPRESSORS AND WE MUST REGAIN TOONAMI!!!!!

Row Row fight tha power everyone!

Toonami comes back or WE the people that give AS it's power will leave. FOREVER! Toonami for life!

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By RTSlord

@N7 said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

I WAS THERE! Back when Tom had that virtual assistant... what was her name!? And he reviewed Ico!

aww yeah, i totally remember that too...dangit, what was her name??

EDIT: her name was SARA! duh!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Capum15
@N7: "SARA", apparently.
Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Zithe

@RTSlord said:

@N7 said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

Wasn't it Sara? She reviewed Morrowind and TOM thought it was dumb.

vinsanityv22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By vinsanityv22

Is this an April's Fools joke, or Cartoon Network 20th Anniversary shenanigns? Like last night's surprise return of Cartoon Planet with Brak and Zorak airing classic 'toons such as Dexter and Powerpuff Girls? Guess I should scrub through multiple pages for answers, huh? Well, that, and enjoy the Outlaw Star. For fuck's sake, Toonami STILL kicks the crap out of current day Adult Swim! The anime is better, the screens/design is cooler, and Tom's a better host than stupid [AS] Bumps. I'd rather rewatch this stuff than new garbage like Bleach and FullMetal Alchemist.

They really should just bring back Toonami. Even if just in a one night a week format (the Midnight Run-style). Considering they're airing series endings here, I'm assuming this is a one-off. But ONE more night of Toonami is better than a million nights of Tim & Eric's talentless, worthless wastes of space. And all the other shit that Adult Swim regularly airs now.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#95  Edited By Bocam

BIG OOOOOOOOOOOOO

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@RTSlord said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

@RTSlord said:

yeah, for some reason i thought they only did the miniseries thing...then i checked wikipedia, and i was wrong, lol...

ahhhh I see haha. Well yeah, the way I remember it was not many people watched it anyway, but those who did absolutely loved it. It was back in Production I.G.'s glory days after all. I could be very well making this up, but I could've sworn I remember reading an interview that said something like the Japanese didn't really get attached to it and, back then, anime was still very niche in the U.S. so it didn't really take off because there were so many more popular shows on at the time like Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, etc.

@N7: I think her name was Sara or something.

eidt: apparently you all found her name while I typing that post lol

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Capum15

Oh man, all the music brings back even more memories. Mostly staying up really late because of this.

@vinsanityv22: I respectfully disagree on your opinion about FMA (Brotherhood - I don't much care for the other version).

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By N7
@Zithe said:

@RTSlord said:

@N7 said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

Wasn't it Sara? She reviewed Morrowind and TOM thought it was dumb.

You know that part of Mass Effect 1, where Shepard touches that artifact and gets jolted into a vision of what's to come? That just happened to me, except I just relived my childhood.
B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#99  Edited By B0nd07

@Bocam said:

BIG OOOOOOOOOOOOO

IT'S SHOOOWTIIIME!

[Edit] Also, if they don't play Reboot (though I doubt it being anime night), I'll be sad.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@vinsanityv22 said:

Is this an April's Fools joke, or Cartoon Network 20th Anniversary shenanigns? Like last night's surprise return of Cartoon Planet with Brak and Zorak airing classic 'toons such as Dexter and Powerpuff Girls? Guess I should scrub through multiple pages for answers, huh? Well, that, and enjoy the Outlaw Star. For fuck's sake, Toonami STILL kicks the crap out of current day Adult Swim! The anime is better, the screens/design is cooler, and Tom's a better host than stupid [AS] Bumps. I'd rather rewatch this stuff than new garbage like Bleach and FullMetal Alchemist.

Wasn't FullMetal Alchemist on Toonami?