Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

Remixed Trailer

Rock Band 2 Likes & Dislikes

What I liked about the game

• Band World Tour online: It should've been in the first game, but better late than never I suppose.
  • Band shuffle: You could change instruments as often as you wanted during World Tour.
  • It's over 500!!: 84 master tracks, plus most of the tracks from the first game, plus downloadable content... phew!
  • Downloadable Content galore: New tracks are released for download almost every week.

What I disliked about the game

• What's this song?: Many songs I didn't know this time around, which made it hard to sing along.
  • Presentation barely unchanged: A couple of new sets.. and that's pretty much it.
  • Only one year later?: Was the second edition released too quickly?

The Lowdown

As you might have noticed, there wasn't much to dislike about Rock Band 2.  Harmonix decided not to wait 2 or 3 years before they released the sequel, but that's probably due to the fact that Guitar Hero was releasing their own band-oriented game too.  I named the first Rock Band my personal Game of the Year in 2007, and if it wasn't for a slew of magnificent games coming out this year, this game might have ended up first too.  With the inclusion of a more robust Band World Tour, which could now be played online, and a huge 84-song soundtrack, which were all master recordings, this second edition in the franchise had a lot going for it.  Now, just think... if only this was the game that had come out last year...

The Countdown So Far

10. Fable II
9. SmackDown vs. Raw 2009
8. Gears of War 2
7. Civilization Revolution
6. Saints Row 2
5. Rock Band 2
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By DBoy

Remixed Trailer

Rock Band 2 Likes & Dislikes

What I liked about the game

• Band World Tour online: It should've been in the first game, but better late than never I suppose.
  • Band shuffle: You could change instruments as often as you wanted during World Tour.
  • It's over 500!!: 84 master tracks, plus most of the tracks from the first game, plus downloadable content... phew!
  • Downloadable Content galore: New tracks are released for download almost every week.

What I disliked about the game

• What's this song?: Many songs I didn't know this time around, which made it hard to sing along.
  • Presentation barely unchanged: A couple of new sets.. and that's pretty much it.
  • Only one year later?: Was the second edition released too quickly?

The Lowdown

As you might have noticed, there wasn't much to dislike about Rock Band 2.  Harmonix decided not to wait 2 or 3 years before they released the sequel, but that's probably due to the fact that Guitar Hero was releasing their own band-oriented game too.  I named the first Rock Band my personal Game of the Year in 2007, and if it wasn't for a slew of magnificent games coming out this year, this game might have ended up first too.  With the inclusion of a more robust Band World Tour, which could now be played online, and a huge 84-song soundtrack, which were all master recordings, this second edition in the franchise had a lot going for it.  Now, just think... if only this was the game that had come out last year...

The Countdown So Far

10. Fable II
9. SmackDown vs. Raw 2009
8. Gears of War 2
7. Civilization Revolution
6. Saints Row 2
5. Rock Band 2
Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Artie

I think Rock Band 2 was made to compete with Guitar Hero World Tour, and to get those decent instruments out on shelves.

I don't think we'll see a Rock Band 3 for a while.

BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BraindeadRacr

Ahh... Rock Band. I expected this one to pop up at spot three or four. Hmm...

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By darro

I will be playing this bad boy next week on Christmas.  Looking forward to it since there are a few songs in the game I am fond of and I love the first game, which if you know wasn't out here until this year also over here so we got 2 Rock Bands in 1 year, not bad. :)

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ElectricHaggis

I always get bored quite quickly when playing Rock Band.  I'm not sure why, its just not for me.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MsCortana

Not a fan of correlating buttons with arrows rhythmically for entertainments purposes.   But hey, each to their own. Glad you enjoy it so much.

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By temperedvortex

never played Rock Band 2 but I would rather play world tour due to the better guitar, at least its better for me.

MrBojangles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrBojangles

i'm getting this for christ-mas