Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

Remixed Trailer

Civilization Revolution Likes & Dislikes

What I liked about the game

• Addictive: I can't even recall the sheer number of times I thought to myself "Just one more turn!" and ended up playing a ton more.
  • Endlessly replayable: Just like the trailer said.  No two games end up the same.
  • Every civilization is different: They each have their own strengths and weaknesses.
  • Very player friendly: The controls are easy to learn and master.

What I disliked about the game

• Advisers are annoying: No matter which civilization you choose, the advisers will always look exactly the same... and their mumbling is annoying.
  • Units vs. Turns: Once you have a ton of units on the map, it takes forever to end a turn, while putting them in "defensive mode" might make you forget about them.
  • Difficulty: Playing on easy is too easy, playing on hard is too hard.
  • Musical score: Very bland for a Civilization game.

The Lowdown

Another surprise in 2008.  Civ Rev snuck up on me last summer and ended up being a huge surprise.  In no way did it steal it's #7 spot on the countdown.  As I've mentioned previously, I can't even recall the number of times I thought to myself "Alright, I'll just play one or two more turns, then I'll save and head on out to bed", only to find myself finishing up the game and going to bed... two hours later.  Even though I had played Civilization games on the PC in the past, this first foray onto the console market for Sid Meier's franchise was the one that really drew me in for a good while and kept me entertained throughout.  Although it does have some minor setbacks, as listed in the "dislike" section, Civ Rev is a great and entertaining game.  Check it out if you can.

The Countdown So Far

10. Fable II
9. SmackDown vs. Raw 2009
8. Gears of War 2
7. Civilization Revolution
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DBoy

Remixed Trailer

Civilization Revolution Likes & Dislikes

What I liked about the game

• Addictive: I can't even recall the sheer number of times I thought to myself "Just one more turn!" and ended up playing a ton more.
  • Endlessly replayable: Just like the trailer said.  No two games end up the same.
  • Every civilization is different: They each have their own strengths and weaknesses.
  • Very player friendly: The controls are easy to learn and master.

What I disliked about the game

• Advisers are annoying: No matter which civilization you choose, the advisers will always look exactly the same... and their mumbling is annoying.
  • Units vs. Turns: Once you have a ton of units on the map, it takes forever to end a turn, while putting them in "defensive mode" might make you forget about them.
  • Difficulty: Playing on easy is too easy, playing on hard is too hard.
  • Musical score: Very bland for a Civilization game.

The Lowdown

Another surprise in 2008.  Civ Rev snuck up on me last summer and ended up being a huge surprise.  In no way did it steal it's #7 spot on the countdown.  As I've mentioned previously, I can't even recall the number of times I thought to myself "Alright, I'll just play one or two more turns, then I'll save and head on out to bed", only to find myself finishing up the game and going to bed... two hours later.  Even though I had played Civilization games on the PC in the past, this first foray onto the console market for Sid Meier's franchise was the one that really drew me in for a good while and kept me entertained throughout.  Although it does have some minor setbacks, as listed in the "dislike" section, Civ Rev is a great and entertaining game.  Check it out if you can.

The Countdown So Far

10. Fable II
9. SmackDown vs. Raw 2009
8. Gears of War 2
7. Civilization Revolution
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I'm planning on getting this game for Christmas. I  played Civ IV on the pc and enjoyed it, but I want something for my 360 that I can relax and just play at my own pace. Tears for Fears was an awesome band or maybe it was just  an awesome album.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Wow, I'll admit I totally forgot about this game, but I remember reading your blogs about it, it seems like a great RTS.

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm an absolutely massive Civilization fan, but I'm also a purist... that might be why I never played this game.

ArtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ArtG

Civ Rev rocks.
That is all.

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By darro

I would get it if it weren't for the fact that its a strategy game and you know my relationship with strategy games.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By MsCortana

I've never been a fan of any turn based game but I'm glad it was good enough for you to  make it on your top ten. :D

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Quadrifoglio

For some reason, I can't get myself to actually play an RTS. They are just too complex for my tastes.

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ElectricHaggis

If I see Civ Rev for a good price after Christmas I may get it.

snake6phw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By snake6phw

Amazing song choice

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Artie

Revolution was a god awful shit stain on the Civilization franchise. Any of the PC expansions released this year were leagues better than that abysmal crap.