Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22

Who are the top 10 most influential people in Movies today:
[In Order]
1) Steven Spielberg (Director: Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, Indiana Jones, Jaws, ET, Close Enocounters)
2) George Lucas (Director/ Producer/ Writer: Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Also revolutionized Special Effects and HD movies)
3) Peter Jackson (Director: Lord of the Rings, King Kong)
4) Jerry Bruchheimer (Producer: Pearl Harbor, Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure)
5) Ron Howard (Director: Apollo 13, Da Vinci Code, A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man)
6) Robert Zemekics (Director: Back to Future, Forest Gump, Cast Away, Beowulf)
7) Christopher Nolan (Director: Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Prestige)
8) Ridley Scott (Director: Gladiator, Body of Lies, American Gangster, Hannibal, The Kingdom of Heaven)
9) Tom Hanks (Actor: Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Castaway, The Davinci Code, Apollo 13, Catch me if you can, Philadelphia)
10) John Williams probably very underated in the movie industry, but look at all the great movies he's scored. (Composer: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, ET, Close Encounters or the Third Kind, Jaws, Harry Potter, War of the Worlds)

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By giyanks22

Who are the top 10 most influential people in Movies today:
[In Order]
1) Steven Spielberg (Director: Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, Indiana Jones, Jaws, ET, Close Enocounters)
2) George Lucas (Director/ Producer/ Writer: Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Also revolutionized Special Effects and HD movies)
3) Peter Jackson (Director: Lord of the Rings, King Kong)
4) Jerry Bruchheimer (Producer: Pearl Harbor, Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure)
5) Ron Howard (Director: Apollo 13, Da Vinci Code, A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man)
6) Robert Zemekics (Director: Back to Future, Forest Gump, Cast Away, Beowulf)
7) Christopher Nolan (Director: Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Prestige)
8) Ridley Scott (Director: Gladiator, Body of Lies, American Gangster, Hannibal, The Kingdom of Heaven)
9) Tom Hanks (Actor: Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Castaway, The Davinci Code, Apollo 13, Catch me if you can, Philadelphia)
10) John Williams probably very underated in the movie industry, but look at all the great movies he's scored. (Composer: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, ET, Close Encounters or the Third Kind, Jaws, Harry Potter, War of the Worlds)

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

That list doesn't have James Cameron on it, so it's false.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Define today.

Eitehr way, the list isn't honestly worth 10 mentions.  You just need this:

Corbucci
Leone
Kurosawa
Scorsese
De Niro
gnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By gnome

John Williams is not underrated.  Those major movies he scored are proof of that.  But yeah, he's still a musical genius.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jakob187
Gnome said:
"John Williams is not underrated.  Those major movies he scored are proof of that.  But yeah, he's still a musical genius."
Williams just varies the same score over and over.  Watch Raiders, then watch Empire.  You'll see what I mean.
Real musical geniuses are Alan Silvestri and James Newton Howard.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead
jakob187 said:
"Gnome said:
"John Williams is not underrated.  Those major movies he scored are proof of that.  But yeah, he's still a musical genius."
Williams just varies the same score over and over.  Watch Raiders, then watch Empire.  You'll see what I mean.
Real musical geniuses are Alan Silvestri and James Newton Howard.
"
I concur. It's lucky TDK had both James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer on it because were it just Zimmer, it would have been exactly the same as his other famous scores. Backdraft not withstanding.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187
HandsomeDead said:
"I concur. It's lucky TDK had both James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer on it because were it just Zimmer, it would have been exactly the same as his other famous scores. Backdraft not withstanding."
Yeah, too bad their score can't be considered for an Oscar.  lawlz
Seriously, though, James Newton Howard is one of my faves.  That dood can do just about anything!
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
jakob187 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"I concur. It's lucky TDK had both James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer on it because were it just Zimmer, it would have been exactly the same as his other famous scores. Backdraft not withstanding."
Yeah, too bad their score can't be considered for an Oscar.  lawlz
Seriously, though, James Newton Howard is one of my faves.  That dood can do just about anything!
"
How come it can't go for the Oscar? It's a shame but any time TDK can't get an Oscar, i'm pleased. I loved JNH's minimal score for Michael Clayton.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187

Batman Begins couldn't either.  It's due to the fact that they didn't contribute 70% or more to the score.  There are five people credited for the score, and JNH and Zimmer together don't take more than 70%...even though the other three said that they really don't care about it at all and want JNH and Zimmer to get nominated.  =  /  Whatever.

Oscars are worthless anyways.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Emilio

I think you should add "My Opinion on the Top 10 most influential people in the movies today" or if you got it off a website it should be like "Time's Top 10...." because your list could use some people.