Top Gear is the Worst Show of All Time (RACISM Ahoy!)

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By DystopiaX

Top Gear is the shit, and people in this thread take this too seriously.

vasylkoB317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By vasylkoB317

Its just a joke. You can't make fun of anything unless its about a white person I guess. If we continue to supress ourselves its only going to explode and cause much more trouble.  For example they had an episode where they went up agaisnt the German Top Gear in Belgium which they quote as being "a country that exists so that Germany and Britain can work out their differences". The whole episode was just friendly very unserious competition between the two teams. Its far from being a hateful racist show. 

Top gear is hilarious, informative, and realizes that if we can all just have a laugh at ourselves things would be much better. 

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Never liked Top Gear but that's not very offensive.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By plop1920

I thought this was a show about cars??

Avatar image for partial_paralysis
Partial_Paralysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top Gear is a great show and I can't believe this is the only show that has ever made a joke based off of stereotypes. 

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Th3_James

Top Gear is the best GTFO of here.

marrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By marrec
@vasylkoB317 said:
" Its just a joke. You can't make fun of anything unless its about a white person I guess. If we continue to supress ourselves its only going to explode and cause much more trouble.  For example they had an episode where they went up agaisnt the German Top Gear in Belgium which they quote as being "a country that exists so that Germany and Britain can work out their differences". The whole episode was just friendly very unserious competition between the two teams. Its far from being a hateful racist show.  Top gear is hilarious, informative, and realizes that if we can all just have a laugh at ourselves things would be much better.  "
It can be hilarious and informative while still being completely racist. They aren't having a laugh at themselves, they're having a laugh at the expense of a nation of hardworking people who probably don't appreciate the latent racism that seems to lurk in not only the hosts but the studio audience. 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By iam3green

i don't watch it. i heard that the american version is bad compared to this one. i don't watch them. i do think that those were jokes about mexicans. i dont' care if they make fun of americans. stereotypes are made because they are true with some people.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By gamefreak9

I've never been one for cars, if you asked me which car i would prefer to have (for free)between a ferrari and (mediocre car brand here) and they had no selling power, i would say i don't care. But i did watch the show for awhile, because the humor is so funny, i don't get all of it sometimes since its a little esoteric but even then his tone is priceless. 

marrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By marrec

ITT: Everyone thinks that racist stereotypes of Mexicans are true.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Funzzo

what!?! people making fun of another race? o my god no!!!!  dude isnt this what comedians of all races do all the time.  so you get pissed when black people make fun of white people or any other combo of race right?  I laughed at that video so that means i hate mexicans right??

marrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By marrec
@Funzzo said:
" what!?! people making fun of another race? o my god no!!!!  dude isnt this what comedians of all races do all the time.  so you get pissed when black people make fun of white people or any other combo of race right?  I laughed at that video so that means i hate mexicans right?? "
No, the difference between these racists and comedians is vast. This was an unprovoked diatribe on how lazy and smelly mexicans are. It's not funny and it's offensive. Comedians carefully craft a routine in order to get audience reactions, if a comedian said 'Mexican cars would be lazy and smell bad!' they'd be booed off stage.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#163  Edited By Xeiphyer

Cry more, sensitive douchebag.

Unless you are Mexican you really can't talk shit about this. Don't get offended for other people, because most people don't give a shit and don't need some bored white american person to get offended for them.

Top Gear is a comedy, they say things that are funny. Mexico making a sports car is hilarious because Mexico is fucking poor. Its not racist to tell the truth.

If you actually watched the show and understood the characters, you would know that they are super pro-Britain, but they make fun of themselves the most, they make fun of everybody. I bet this is one of the only clips you have ever seen of the show, and that you felt you had to get outraged without knowing anything contextually. The show is a comedy involving cars. If I woke up and was Mexican, that would suck, because they are pretty poor and life is a lot shittier there.

People like you are the reason why we can't have nice things. Grow up, shut up, go the fuck outside, and stop fighting other people's battles.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By louiedog
@marrec said:
" @Funzzo said:
" what!?! people making fun of another race? o my god no!!!!  dude isnt this what comedians of all races do all the time.  so you get pissed when black people make fun of white people or any other combo of race right?  I laughed at that video so that means i hate mexicans right?? "
No, the difference between these racists and comedians is vast. This was an unprovoked diatribe on how lazy and smelly mexicans are. It's not funny and it's offensive. Comedians carefully craft a routine in order to get audience reactions, if a comedian said 'Mexican cars would be lazy and smell bad!' they'd be booed off stage. "

Agreed.

If I started a thread on this forum that questioned how any game Twisted Pixel made could be any good because the developers were fat, stupid rednecks from Texas people would not be responding the way that they are in here.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#165  Edited By Milkman
@Xeiphyer said:
" Mexico making a sports car is hilarious because Mexico is fucking poor. Its not racist to tell the truth. 
They weren't saying that, though. They were saying that Mexican people are lazy and useless. But for some reason, everyone in this thread thinks that's just fine. That's probably because they're white. Or is that racist? 
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#166  Edited By dichemstys

I think European perceptions of Mexicans are hilarious.

Where_Am_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Where_Am_I

Lol at the group of five Mexicans in a pick up truck looking sadly back at you.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#168  Edited By damswedon
@DeeGee said:
" That entire episode was one big joke about how Britain is the best, anyway. "
But only if we cheat. Which was great.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@louiedog said:
" @marrec said:
" @Funzzo said:
No, the difference between these racists and comedians is vast. This was an unprovoked diatribe on how lazy and smelly mexicans are. It's not funny and it's offensive. Comedians carefully craft a routine in order to get audience reactions, if a comedian said 'Mexican cars would be lazy and smell bad!' they'd be booed off stage. "
 Agreed.  If I started a thread on this forum that questioned how any game Twisted Pixel made could be any good because the developers were fat, stupid rednecks from Texas people would not be responding the way that they are in here. "
Yeah, your tiny audience of passive aggressive responders totally equates to the international audience of a top rating TV Show.
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Devil240Z

They make fun of Americans or really any country. I don't see where race comes in at all. 

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Example1013

The OP's video was painful. 

Not because of the racism. God knows that's nothing new. 

No, rather it was because those were the worst Mexican jokes i've heard in...forever. 

I mean seriously, not even one drug running joke? That's borderline criminal. They could've run a whole EPISODE about drug smuggling with the car. Like "it would be as light as a Ferrari, if it weren't for all the cocaine" or something like that (obviously that's not funny, but I spent 10 seconds thinking of it, and they have much longer than that to write jokes). I mean, those were really effortless stereotypes that a 5-year-old could've pulled off with equal wit and acuity. At least, an American 5-year-old.

Also, those guys should talk about food. They come from Britain, where the meal isn't cooked until you've boiled all the flavor out of it, and it has a general, uniform grey color. Then you throw a bunch of salt on it and pretend it's edible.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#172  Edited By Soap

Apparently people don't understand humour any more. Do you really think people with views like that would air them on national TV in the UK? Do you think that the BBC would allow something like that if it was anything other than a giant piss take.  

I guess it's one of those things, some people get it, some people get pointlessly offended.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#173  Edited By dagas

I think it's a cultural thing. In the US people are very sensitive to certain words and you can't use them even when joking while in other countries it's alright to joke about pretty much everything. The Brits have a lot of self-irony and can joke about themselves in that way (or much worse) as well. I reacted a bit to their talk about Mexicans as well, but they do the same to French, Japanese, Swedes, Scotts etc. 

that said, I can understand your concern. I've been insulted a few times as well by Top Gear, especially Jeremy. But he's a conservative old white Englishman so it's pretty much to be expected. 

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#174  Edited By Jadeskye

Clarkson for prime minister.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By ryanwho
@Xeiphyer said:
"  Mexico making a sports car is hilarious because Mexico is fucking poor. Its not racist to tell the truth.  "
deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ryanwho
@dagas said:
" I think it's a cultural thing. In the US people are very sensitive to certain words and you can't use them even when joking while in other countries it's alright to joke about pretty much everything. The Brits have a lot of self-irony and can joke about themselves in that way (or much worse) as well. I reacted a bit to their talk about Mexicans as well, but they do the same to French, Japanese, Swedes, Scotts etc.  that said, I can understand your concern. I've been insulted a few times as well by Top Gear, especially Jeremy. But he's a conservative old white Englishman so it's pretty much to be expected.  "
Probably because the US actually has racial diversity and the Top Gear folk are white people making fun of nonwhites to a white audience. So yeah, its easier for them to joke around about a race that's nowhere to be found on their little island. I love how them making the same tired jokes about other races is supposed to get them off the hook. They're still making lazy easy jokes and it speaks to the intelligence of their audience that all it takes to mask Larry the Cable Guy level humor is a fancy accent.
Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Kjellm87

Top Gear is the only car related show I've ever been slightly interested in, specially when they take dated cars around the world to places not meant for driving

Avatar image for deactivated-5bce12b22bc03
deactivated-5bce12b22bc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top Gear: three xenophobes trying desperately hard to be funny in front of an audience. They also ocassionally drive cars.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#179  Edited By Sambambo
@example1013 said:
"  Also, those guys should talk about food. They come from Britain, where the meal isn't cooked until you've boiled all the flavor out of it, and it has a general, uniform grey color. Then you throw a bunch of salt on it and pretend it's edible. "
Where have you been eating in England :S
endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By endless_void

QQQ....its just a fuckin joke.

Fluxxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Fluxxed

Everyone is getting mad.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#182  Edited By CptChiken

Lighten up people, please. Its not the first time people have made jokes about other people so lets not get to bitchy about it.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By dragonzord

Only caucasian Americans can be racist, don't you guys know anything?

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By roborobb

It was slightly silly thing to say but no one should take what they say seriously.... I honestly think as a society we've gone absolutely mental over PC comments these days... It's out of control.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By ryanwho
@zoner said:
" Only caucasian Americans can be racist, don't you guys know anything? "
Ah, scathing. Because white America gets a free pass on racism all the time. 
Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#187  Edited By Wraxend

The only reason they were making these jokes was because the Japanese Ambassador had complained to the BBC the week before for a joke made on another show called Qi.  

If anything they are making a point about how everyone is to easily offended and hit the nail on the head.
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#188  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Top Gear has always half-heartedly poked at mildly racist stereotypes, though there is no malice in their humour. 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#189  Edited By TheHBK

So, let me get this straight.  As long as I say I am joking and don't mean it, then it is acceptable for me to say anything I want?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#190  Edited By Pie
Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Chokobo

lol

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By ryanwho
@TheHBK said:
" So, let me get this straight.  As long as I say I am joking and don't mean it, then it is acceptable for me to say anything I want? "
Yep. Nobody's allowed to get mad. If they do, they're PC pussy assholes. 

I'd love for the people saying shit like this to leave the house and communicate in the actual world with this smug attitude and see where it gets them. This is just some anon internet toughguy bullshit.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#193  Edited By animateria

Jeremy Clarkson once called people who drive on the speed limit, child molesters. 

Nuff said.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By J12088

Oh well. The BBC will say sorry and they'll be back at it in a week.

I just rewatched it and frankly don't see the issue. They take the piss out of the Americans, the French, germans, swedish..hell that show with that terrible mexican moment was pretty much 60 minutes of taking the piss out of the australians and i don't see them crying over it. Don't see anyone getting on there high horse over that.  More importantly they happily take the piss out of England and themselves. Clarkson called Gordon brown a one eyed idiot i believe? It was funny.

When Hammond nearly died in that car accident they took the piss out of him for it.  This is how they work. And there damn popular for it - worldwide.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By ryanwho

Woulda been funnier if he died in that crash. And left his daughters orphans after the mom killed herself.
its a joke

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Jimbo
@Nomin said:
"blah blah blah Canadian"
lol.
droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#197  Edited By droop

They do it for the lulz

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#198  Edited By KarlPilkington

@ryanwho I think you are missing the point.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By ryanwho

Well I am a Pollack.