Edited 7 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Top Ramen Vs Cup Noodle (151 votes)

Top Ramen 36%
Cup Noodle 22%
I like both 26%
Eew poor people food 15%

Okay I like them both but my girlfriend like Cup Noodle and pretty much refuses to eat top ramen. I claim that they're pretty much the same. I just go for one or the other depending on the situation. Cup noodle is good for on the go lunch type stuff and top ramen is good for a quick meal at home.

Do you have a preference?

#1 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

POOR PEOPLE FOOD

#2 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1845 posts) -

If I have to take a shitty ramen, I'm going Maruchan ramen. Pork flavor, two slices of lunch meat, one egg.

#3 Posted by MarvinPontiac (110 posts) -

You haven't lived until this:

#4 Edited by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

If I have to take a shitty ramen, I'm going Maruchan ramen. Pork flavor, two slices of lunch meat, one egg.

Oh yeah. love doin the egg thing.

POOR PEOPLE FOOD

Question: What is the least expensive meal you eat on a regular basis?

#5 Posted by SweetCrys (23 posts) -

I like ichiban. I love there shrimp, and chicken flavor.

#6 Posted by yoshisaur (2668 posts) -

I can't imagine she actually has a preference other than one or the other being more prominent while she was growing up. I don't think I've had either of those, those. I only started eating them a year or two ago, and then only the $3.00 brand at Target. You know, for the rich-blood in me.

#7 Edited by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@artelinarose said:

@thehumandove said:

POOR PEOPLE FOOD

Question: What is the least expensive meal you eat on a regular basis?

Steak. A GIANT STEAK

#8 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1845 posts) -

@artelinarose said:

I also like adding a small bit of olive oil at the beginning so the extra stuff doesn't just sink to the bottom, using half a packet of seasoning and throwing in a bunch of stuff. Diced onions, crushed red peppers, small bits of celery, lunch meat, etc... then doing two eggs at the end. yumyumyum.

#9 Edited by wumbo3000 (942 posts) -

If you're gonna eat ramen, go with the legit stuff: Korean ramen.

#10 Posted by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

I like both, and Maruchan, but Cup Noodle wins it just for the "toppings" (I really like those little freeze-dried carrots and shrimp) and portability.

Also, as a professional poorsman, hell yeah poor people food. The secret is that poor people tend to be awesome in the kitchen, because we're likely to think outside the box and make things that would get a chef laughed out of his field despite tasting great. Egg noodle and mushroom gravy sandwiches, ya heard?

#11 Posted by Hailinel (23968 posts) -

Ah, my ramen days. How I do not miss them. When it comes down to these choices, Cup Noodle all the way.

#12 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

I've always had Maruchan packets, but today I tried these. These are by far the best. I'm tempted to tried the other spicy flavors but I don't really like spicy foods.

#13 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Cup noodles are so convenient.

#14 Posted by Dot (163 posts) -

Man when I eat instant noodles, I want instant noodles. Who has time to deal with that bowl nonsense? Cup noodles any day.

#15 Edited by Creigz (183 posts) -

If you're gonna eat ramen, go with the legit stuff: Korean ramen.

Nong Shim is best noodle. Their spicy Kimchi flavor bowls were so good when they were styrofoam bowls. Now that they're plastic. They're kinda weird and taste like the plastic.

#16 Posted by Clonedzero (4092 posts) -

Fucking ramen hipsters.

#17 Posted by ILikePopCans (746 posts) -

Maruchan ramen. Spicy chicken or beef. But im not picky with my instant noodles though.

#18 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

I'm getting sick of Cup of Noodles. I might start putting in spinich or ham in there to change the boiled water taste of it. Ramen is better.

#19 Edited by Garfield518 (403 posts) -

Mr. Noodles or bust.

#20 Posted by audioBusting (1481 posts) -

You mean the packaging or the brands? If it's the latter, I think they're both gross...

#21 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -
@shagge said:

I like both, and Maruchan, but Cup Noodle wins it just for the "toppings" (I really like those little freeze-dried carrots and shrimp) and portability.

Also, as a professional poorsman, hell yeah poor people food. The secret is that poor people tend to be awesome in the kitchen, because we're likely to think outside the box and make things that would get a chef laughed out of his field despite tasting great. Egg noodle and mushroom gravy sandwiches, ya heard?

So true.

I'm also addicted to Lime Shrimp Habanero flavor cups.

#22 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3112 posts) -

It's Top Ramen all the way.

#23 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3058 posts) -

Correct answer. Add about 2 more dollars and get this one.

#24 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1553 posts) -

UFO ramen for life!

#25 Posted by Humanity (8865 posts) -

As a lazy student I enjoyed cup noodle because I could use plastic utensils and then throw the whole thing away.

#26 Posted by MB (12072 posts) -

@wumbo3000: Yeah, but have you had Shin Ramyun Black?

#27 Posted by ImaTreee (209 posts) -

@wumbo3000: you know what I think i'm gonna go get some more today, since I just ran out.

#28 Posted by Mister_V (1222 posts) -

You people don't know what good/bad noodles are.

#29 Posted by MeatSim (10778 posts) -

Correct answer. Add about 2 more dollars and get this one.

Yea those Nong Shim Hot & Spicy bowls are amazing for instant ramen. Sometimes you can get 12 packs of them off Amazon for cheap.

#30 Edited by Sanj (2354 posts) -

@mister_v said:

UK REPRESENT

#31 Edited by MonetaryDread (1993 posts) -

You haven't lived until this:

You from Australia? I lived in Port MacQuarie, NSW for six months and this shit was everywhere. I moved back home to Canada and haven't seen it since.

#32 Edited by BBAlpert (1382 posts) -

@mister_v said:

So are those good noodles or bad noodles?

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (918 posts) -

@mister_v said:

#34 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Top Ramen is shit, Maruchan is serviceable.

#35 Posted by MikkaQ (10269 posts) -

If I'm desperate enough for that kinda eatin'... I'm getting Mr. Noodles. But those days are long past me.

#36 Posted by Rorie (2710 posts) -

Cup Noodle all the way. CUP NOODLE FOREVER.

Staff
#37 Edited by Nodima (1119 posts) -

#38 Posted by wumbo3000 (942 posts) -

@mb: Yup! I should probably also mention that I'm Korean, so I've probably had more Nong Shim ramen than healthy. My dad often brings home boxes full of this stuff that he gets for free.

#39 Posted by Wikitoups (782 posts) -
Usually buy these ones cause I like fat udon noodles... and I can Microwave it!!!!!

#40 Posted by Dalai (7002 posts) -

Ramen is alright, but sometimes needs a couple extra ingredients to make it great. Cup Noodle is fine as is.

#41 Posted by StudsMcKewl (68 posts) -

Top Ramen, what's wrong with you monsters.

#42 Posted by ILikePopCans (746 posts) -

I will sometime put tuna in my Maruchan roman also because why not

#43 Posted by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -

Top Ramen or a similar product, cup o noodles is just bland tasting to me, you have to add hot sauce to make it eatable.

#44 Posted by Andorski (5204 posts) -

I grew up on Cup Noodle, shrimp flavored.

#45 Posted by SgtSphynx (1272 posts) -

Maruchan ramen. Spicy chicken or beef. But im not picky with my instant noodles though.

Hell yeah, Spicy Chicken is the shit.

#46 Edited by LVL3Bard (21 posts) -
@shagge said:

Egg noodle and mushroom gravy sandwiches, ya heard?

That is literally my favorite sandwich ever. Funny you'd mention it.

Grind some peppercorns on top of it. Mmmm....

#47 Posted by Danteveli (1165 posts) -
#48 Edited by AndrewB (7515 posts) -

This stuff is pretty good if you can find it cheap/at all.

Was a Maruchan ramen fan for some time, though. Would only eat the stuff out of necessity now though, knowing about the boatload of sodium and the worst kind of pasta.

#49 Posted by avantegardener (1111 posts) -

I swear by a KOKA Noodle.

#50 Edited by Random45 (1065 posts) -

I've eaten so much ramen that even the word makes me feel sick. I hate that stuff.