Top Three Games of the Year...

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Edited By giyanks22

Well after just finishing Resident Evil 5, and realizing that it is one of the greatest games of this generation, I was thinking of the top 3 games of 2009 so far...

In my book they are:

Dawn of War II- The best Fantasy RTS since Warcraft 3, and it was an awesome addicting experience. If I didn't convince you here...try my review.

Infamous- Explosive gameplay, fast paced action, a great story with great twists, good visuals, and an overall awesome experience.

Resident Evil 5- After just finishing it [ten minutes ago] I can honestly say that Resident Evil 5 is one of my favorite games of all time, and one of the three best of this generation. The graphics are amazing. The action is so addicting. I shat my pants every other minute. The story was so well done, and really ended the series well. The whole "I don't think I'm going to make it" feeling is so awesome, and the game is so much fun to play, you have to play this.
What do you think?

Next after a great week at E3 (Thanks Giantbomb) I was thinking about what Five  games look the most impressive, not necessarily most anticipated, but games that I saw and went "wow" over. 
Here's my list:

Mass Effect 2-  Bioware is going to make a shitload of money over the next two years, and this will be one of the many reasons why. The visuals look like a real movie. The dark gritty feel to the game looks incredible. The combat seems much more refined. All the technical issues I had with the first game look to be fixed, and the story looks simply amazing.

Splinter Cell Conviction- Didn't even know this was being made, but after seeing the stage demo, my mind is changed. They are completely reworking the franchise, and making it so much better. This isn't my most anticipated game, but I was really...really impressed by what they've done with the game, and how they've taken cut scenes out of the game, and focused on story telling from the wall.  Cannot wait to see more, and I am really excited about what tomorrow brings for this game.

Star Wars the Old Republic- WHAT A TRAILER!!!!

After watching that awesomeness...I have several things to say.
WOW...
HOLY SHIT...
DAMN THAT WAS REAL GOOD....
BIOWARE NEEDS TO PAY THEIR TRAILER PEOPLE MORE....
The whole game is going to be fully voiced by your  characters, and every single character in the game will be voiced. They also said each of the ten classes will have their own individual  story. I was not expecting much, but HOLY Shit it looks awesome.

Assassin's Creed 2- Great trailer. They've made some excellent more realistic gameplay improvements which look to make for a more fun experience. If they make the game less repetitive, and more fresh and exciting as you progress through the game, then this will be one of 2009's best.

MW 2- I am a little biased here, but I am a huge Call of Duty fan. MW was another great game from this generation. This game looks even better. I love how Soap (your dude from the first game) is now the guy you are playing as in this game.  The visuals look much improved. If the multiplayer can be amped up even more. With a longer single player, that is just as exciting as the first game, then you're looking at another awesome shooter.
What do you think?

So I'll have a VLOG tomorrow, and a review of Resident Evil 5 on Wednesday...
See yall
happy gaming..
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By giyanks22

Well after just finishing Resident Evil 5, and realizing that it is one of the greatest games of this generation, I was thinking of the top 3 games of 2009 so far...

In my book they are:

Dawn of War II- The best Fantasy RTS since Warcraft 3, and it was an awesome addicting experience. If I didn't convince you here...try my review.

Infamous- Explosive gameplay, fast paced action, a great story with great twists, good visuals, and an overall awesome experience.

Resident Evil 5- After just finishing it [ten minutes ago] I can honestly say that Resident Evil 5 is one of my favorite games of all time, and one of the three best of this generation. The graphics are amazing. The action is so addicting. I shat my pants every other minute. The story was so well done, and really ended the series well. The whole "I don't think I'm going to make it" feeling is so awesome, and the game is so much fun to play, you have to play this.
What do you think?

Next after a great week at E3 (Thanks Giantbomb) I was thinking about what Five  games look the most impressive, not necessarily most anticipated, but games that I saw and went "wow" over. 
Here's my list:

Mass Effect 2-  Bioware is going to make a shitload of money over the next two years, and this will be one of the many reasons why. The visuals look like a real movie. The dark gritty feel to the game looks incredible. The combat seems much more refined. All the technical issues I had with the first game look to be fixed, and the story looks simply amazing.

Splinter Cell Conviction- Didn't even know this was being made, but after seeing the stage demo, my mind is changed. They are completely reworking the franchise, and making it so much better. This isn't my most anticipated game, but I was really...really impressed by what they've done with the game, and how they've taken cut scenes out of the game, and focused on story telling from the wall.  Cannot wait to see more, and I am really excited about what tomorrow brings for this game.

Star Wars the Old Republic- WHAT A TRAILER!!!!

After watching that awesomeness...I have several things to say.
WOW...
HOLY SHIT...
DAMN THAT WAS REAL GOOD....
BIOWARE NEEDS TO PAY THEIR TRAILER PEOPLE MORE....
The whole game is going to be fully voiced by your  characters, and every single character in the game will be voiced. They also said each of the ten classes will have their own individual  story. I was not expecting much, but HOLY Shit it looks awesome.

Assassin's Creed 2- Great trailer. They've made some excellent more realistic gameplay improvements which look to make for a more fun experience. If they make the game less repetitive, and more fresh and exciting as you progress through the game, then this will be one of 2009's best.

MW 2- I am a little biased here, but I am a huge Call of Duty fan. MW was another great game from this generation. This game looks even better. I love how Soap (your dude from the first game) is now the guy you are playing as in this game.  The visuals look much improved. If the multiplayer can be amped up even more. With a longer single player, that is just as exciting as the first game, then you're looking at another awesome shooter.
What do you think?

So I'll have a VLOG tomorrow, and a review of Resident Evil 5 on Wednesday...
See yall
happy gaming..
cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cc23574

-Assassins creed 2
 I loved the first one, even though it did had some flaws, it seems like they have fixed it
-Mass Effect 2
 It looks freakin awesome, I can not express my exitement for this game in words.
-Splinter Cell: Conviction
 It looks freakin amazing, I really like the direction they have chosen for the series, this seems way cooler than the whole 'Fisher is hobo' game they were doing.
-Uncharted 2
 I dont own an PS3 (yet), but it looks awesome!
-FFXIII
 As a huge RPG fan, I have been waiting for this game for years now, even though we saw only like 3 min of footage, that's all I needed. Plus a 7-min trailer was released wich looked amazing.

My top three games so far are

Persona 4 (Europe FTW!)
Street Fighter 4
And... That's about it, I still have to play Resident eveil 5.
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By samcotts

inFamous, Killzone 2 and Persona 4 are my three favourite games released this year so far. I fully expect Modern Warfare 2 to be top of that list once the year is over.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By atejas

Why the hell do TOR's designs look so much like the original trilogy?
Seriously, the bounty hunter design looks like the mandalorian armour used by the clone troopers/Fetts, despite the fact that the mandalorians in the KOTOR games use distinctly different armour.
And the fighters look suspiciously TIE-ish.
Impressive trailer otherwise, but......says nothing about gameplay. And I'm disgruntled about not getting a KOTOR 3.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By giyanks22
@atejas said:
" Why the hell do TOR's designs look so much like the original trilogy?Seriously, the bounty hunter design looks like the mandalorian armour used by the clone troopers/Fetts, despite the fact that the mandalorians in the KOTOR games use distinctly different armour.And the fighters look suspiciously TIE-ish.Impressive trailer otherwise, but......says nothing about gameplay. And I'm disgruntled about not getting a KOTOR 3. "
That is a good point, but I think that is what the fans love...
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust

@giyanks22:

I didn't think much of the resident evil 5... to co-op for me, and sheeva in a bit rough on the edges...

About star wars the old republic, the video is the intro of the game... you shouldn't hype based on it. The gameplay won't be nearly as incredible as in the intro unfortunatly. Better wait for the real deal.

Cheers

DryPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DryPenguin

I have to say Splinter Cell Conviction wasn't on my radar really at all, but after E3, I'm pretty freakin excited for it now.

I'm with Jeust on RE5.  If it wasn't for the co-op and my best friend I would have sold it day 2 of owning it.  Co-op makes anything fun

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By giyanks22
@Jeust said:
"

@giyanks22:

I didn't think much of the resident evil 5... to co-op for me, and sheeva in a bit rough on the edges...

About star wars the old republic, the video is the intro of the game... you should hype based on it. The gameplay won't be nearly as incredible as in the intro unfortunatly. Better wait for the real deal.

Cheers

"
I didn't play it on Co-Op...

The trailer is no reflection on the game, but it was an awesome trailer none the less....a better lightsaber battle than any I've seen in the movies. Also I was more "hyped" by the voice acting stuff.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By subject2change

#1 Demon's Souls - Subtle story, simple mechanics that require strategy and precision to execute, engaging boss encounters and a whole hell of a lot of "WTF!?!?!" moments, visually one of the most impressive games i've seen both ingame and cinematics.
#2 Resident Evil 5 - Hands down a great gaming experience with a friend; however think without co-op it would been just okay and often leading to "FUCK OFF SHEVA" moments.
#3 inFAMOUS - Had its flaws but was engaging and kept me immersed throughout. Some repetitive side missions but the game was smooth with an excellent ending. While not a trophy whore myself easy enough to platinum if you played it twice and put some time collecting.

RUNNER UP: Killzone 2. Single player was lacking a bit but the multiplayer is fairly great. Haven't sunk too much time into it as I have too much to play but it can definetely suck people in for long sessions.

This is a so far this year sort of deal; still plenty to go.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Jeust

@giyanks22:

I haven't either... I didn't like especially the controls and the sheeva ai, it's not all that bright... what do you think?

Have you played resident evil 4? Which have you liked more?

The trailer really is amazing but... i don't think the gameplay is going to match it.

But if bioware keep their promisses then the game will be great regardless... :p

And they say the voice acting is going to be similar to mass effect, so you know what to expect... 

The rest i completely agree with you. :)

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By sjschmidt93

RE5 is one of your favorite games of all time? I'm assuming you haven't played RE4?

Mine are: (order from best to worst)

1. Infamous
2. Street Fighter IV
3. Resident Evil 5 (One of those games that was decent, but you're left imagining how much better it could have been... far from on par with RE4. RE4 is one of my top 3 games of all time)

Runner up: Plants vs. Zombies

The three big games I'm looking forward to playing this year:

1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
2. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
3. Dragon Age: Origins

Runner up: Uncharted 2

Maybe I'm nuts, but SC: C  wasn't too impressive.
AC2 looked cool, but I thought the first one was a joke. I couldn't figure out how to advance the story line.
Sorry to bust ya'll's bubble, but I highly predict SW: ToR is going to suck terribly.
After seeing Natal and Alan Wake, I may have to get a 360 soon, too.

And, why not, top three games (so far) I'm looking forward to playing in 2010:

1. God of War 3
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Metroid: Other M

Runner up: FF XII

Also, that PSN game Cliffy B showed (the name I can't remember) looks bad ass. Another reason to buy a 360.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sjschmidt93
@giyanks22 said:
"
@atejas said:
" Why the hell do TOR's designs look so much like the original trilogy?Seriously, the bounty hunter design looks like the mandalorian armour used by the clone troopers/Fetts, despite the fact that the mandalorians in the KOTOR games use distinctly different armour.And the fighters look suspiciously TIE-ish.Impressive trailer otherwise, but......says nothing about gameplay. And I'm disgruntled about not getting a KOTOR 3. "
That is a good point, but I think that is what the fans love... "
Holy crap. You didn't play it co-op and you STILL thought it was amazing. Man, that's pretty.... interesting. I can't play with that godawful AI.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By giyanks22
@Jeust said:
"

@giyanks22:

I haven't either... I didn't like especially the controls and the sheeva ai, it's not all that bright... what do you think?

Have you played resident evil 4? Which have you liked more?

The trailer really is amazing but... i don't think the gameplay is going to match it.

But if bioware keep their promisses then the game will be great regardless... :p

And they say the voice acting is going to be similar to mass effect, so you know what to expect... 

The rest i completely agree with you. :)

"
I think Sheva's AI is okay in the fighting sense, but Brad was right in his review, when he said that she got in the way sometimes, particuarly in Boss fights. She heals you automatically when your health is no longer green, and she acts as a great pack mule, because she can hold all the extra stuff. The best part about Sheva is that she's easy on the eyes in all the cutscenes...

I played very little of Resident Evil 4 at my friend's house. I was a lot younger, and didn't appreciate it as much. I was probably a little too young for the controls, but I remember enjoying it a lot.

About tOR. Its obvious that the gameplay won't match the level of that trailer, but I play RPG for story, character development, and dialogue. A game like Mass Effect had a poor core gameplay structure, but made up for it with amazing dialogue, cinematic cutscenes, and an awesome story. Bioware has yet to fail in the RPG category, so I doubt this will be any different.

@SJSchmidt93
said:
"
@giyanks22 said:
"
@atejas said:
That is a good point, but I think that is what the fans love... "
Holy crap. You didn't play it co-op and you STILL thought it was amazing. Man, that's pretty.... interesting. I can't play with that godawful AI. "
I was referring to KOTOR here. I plan on playing CO-OP, but I still loved the experience even with Sheva's AI...at least she is great to look at.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sjschmidt93
@giyanks22:

If you loved RE5, you should totally go back and play RE4. I'm sure you'll love it more than you love 5. I probably would've liked 5 more if I had never played 4.

Feel free to read my RE5 review.

Warning: It's a long one. Now I go back and look at it and have no idea how I wrote that much about one game.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Black_Rose

So far:

• Killzone 2
  • Tenchu: Shadow Assasins
  • Punch Out!!

Upcoming:

• Metroid: Other M
  • God of War 3
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By giyanks22

@ Black Rose
I played some Killzone 2 SP, and was underwhelmed. The multiplayer looked aokay, but not anyhting near as good as COD 4 or Halo 3.