Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spector2900

From his personal twitter:

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

"Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks."

I, personally, really like TB. I've been watching his content for years.

It's always really strange when content creators just...die. Feels a little too close to Ryan.

How do you all feel about this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Not a huge fan, but I did enjoy his casting back in the day for Starcraft. Still, no one should go through that, I wish him all the best.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Man, that's too bad. He seems like an alright dude from the times he chatted with Patrick and Alex on Bombin' the A.M.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That sucks. My dad passed from bowel cancer as well and it sucks. It does really suck though that TB's pretty young - I imagine it's a lot easier to fight cancer and keep up with the way chemo makes you feel like shit when you feel like you're young and got a chance to win. It's gotta be soul crushing to know all you're doing is buying days at a time, but those days you buy at the end are exchanged for days when you're still feeling healthy, but choosing to go through chemo.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hassun

I like how you put that period at the end of the thread title as if to signify the finality of the statement.

That being said, it's not over yet. Good luck to him and his family in his these difficult times and the upcoming battle.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

That's rough. I don't follow TB and never was a fan, but that's impossible news to try and process. Hope he keeps up the fight.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, that sucks. I wish him all the best in his fight. Fuck cancer.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor guy. I think people have conflated his sometimes abrasive personality with actual malice, but the few times I've seen anyone find evidence of something awful he's said in the past, he's owned up to it and apologized for it, rather than attempting to whitewash or bury it. He's one of the most pro-consumer advocates in gaming, and I hope he can turn that 2-3 year figure into 20 or 30.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Shit that's rough, the roughest kind of rough. I'd be broken probably. My cousin had to go through chemo and it was ugly, thankfully his cancer wasn't the terminal kind. Hopefully TB can keep that fighting spirit going for as long as possible and good luck to him.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ichthy

Welp, there's my daily reminder of my mortality. Fuck.

It's kinda an interesting phenomenon how internet personalities feel closer to us now than celebrities or movie stars. When Ryan passed away I was gutted, and it took me a couple days to recover, even though I never personally met the guy. I never followed Totalbiscuit, but I know he puts out a ton of content and for his fans this news must be crushing. Fuck cancer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I've only a handful of his videos and thought they were quite enjoyable and wish him all the best with his fight against it.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's terrible, I can't imagine how I would really feel if my doctor told me I had terminal cancer and a short life expectancy. I hope he's right and he is an outlier and lives much longer.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He's seemed so much more positive recently too after recent tests were showing negative. Hopefully he can push through this and be an outliner like he says.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darn i wished that TB would have won the fight against the cancer. I have followed him since his days on wow radio. This news must have come as a great shock to his wife. They probably havent yet told the news to their child since i think he/she is still relatively young.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this was horrible to read. I don't even know if I've seen any of his content but damn, reading that news in someone's own words is tough.

@ichthy said:

Welp, there's my daily reminder of my mortality. Fuck.

Same. Always feel kinda empty after these kind of things. Hmm.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@csl316 said:

That's rough. I don't follow TB and never was a fan, but that's impossible news to try and process. Hope he keeps up the fight.

This sums up my feelings.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Cancer just fucking sucks.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The name is familiar but I don't remember TB. I will however pray for him and hope he never gives up.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rickyyo

There are solutions out there that can make him fully recover. One of which I can't talk about on this website. But, a good diet and exercise can stave off and possibly cure so called 'terminal' cancer. There is peer reviewed research that suggests this. All you have to do is be motivated. Also, plenty of anecdotal evidence of people recovering from cases that were considered late stage and terminal by doctors. Which for a long time the medical community would deem miraculous discounting the fact that your body some how has no ability to fight it off. Which is flat out wrong.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh man. Heartfelt thoughts to him and his loved ones.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

God dammit. Metastasis to the liver is a delayed death sentence. I didn't watch much of his stuff, but what I did showed massive integrity and quality. It will be a huge loss...

But fuck all that, doesn't matter who this happens to, it's horrible. I don't feel I can even process this properly. Hopefully he can at least spent the time he has left peacefully with his loved ones.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, fuck this disease already :( As someone whose parents both are diagnosed with it, my heart goes out to TB.

Slang_N_Bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickyyo: According to NeoGAF, he was doing the "natural" medicine thing while his cancer was still treatable by real doctors.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's hoping he can be one of the outliers.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@nardak: The fights not over yet. I wish him the absolute best. I can't imagine the mental toll this diagnosis is taking on him and the physical toll he'll have to endure in the future.

m16mojo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I saw his post today, my heart sank. I can't imagine how soul crushing this news must have been. My thought's and prayers are with him, and his family.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TB is a great man. He doesnt deserve to go through this again. If anybodys got the strength to go through this again its him. He beat it once and he better d*** well beat it again! I will continue wishing he stays healthy for his family. They dont deserve to be put through this again. Get better again TB, to many people out there love and admire you to want to see you give up. Get better soon man.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hope he pulls through, just to give a big middle finger to those assholes who wished it upon him time and time again!

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit man, that sucks a lot. I don't watch him daily or anything but whenever I occasionally stumble upon something he's made I'm always entertained. I also think he is great at analyzing the medium and industry as a whole with scrutiny, wit and integrity.

A few people mentioned it already but yeah, it really is eerie and frightening how these personalities whose voice and face is on your mind daily one day come out saying that basically there's a high chance of them not living much longer. It really strikes you and kinda levels you with the floor it feels like.

Really rooting for him and wishing him the best, and a big fuck you to cancer.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That fucking sucks. Wish him the best.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's very sad and unfortunate. I don't know how I could process something like finding out you have X years to live. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of TB but I did enjoy the handful of videos he's made in the past. I wish him the best.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take this topic as a personal note to ALL OF YOU

GET

SCREENED

AT

LEAST

ONCE

A

YEAR

Seriously.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Man, that's rough. Regardless of my personal feelings on Total Biscuit, cancer is an awful disease to have to endure and finding out that it's terminal must be extraordinarily difficult for him and his family.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travisrex: On every single disease possible? Cancer alone has hundreds of variants.

Really sucks for TB, followed him for a while, but thought he and his content got a bit too serious later on. Friend of mine was also diagnosed with it this week. Such a fucking random disease, man.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck: I think standard physicals would suffice. I think most people don't get those unless they have to.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By jiggajoe14

Fucking awful to hear. Cancer is a sinister bastard. I wish him the best through these difficult times.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jerseyscum

One of the few Youtubers I actually enjoy watching. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Fuck......the guy has a wife and young kid ........

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#45  Edited By StarvingGamer

Fuck cancer

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad to read, I hope the guy can pull through and make the best out of what he wants

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck cancer

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Very sad to hear this. Especially since I know he has been fighting it for some time now already.

I hope @totalbiscuit kicks cancer in the @$$. Fuck cancer, that shit is the worst.

millionthlayla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's horrible :(

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bollocks. Its a voice that will be missed. Probably irreplaceable. Godspeed, John.