Trouble Sleeping (not an insomniac)

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Nick

I can only comfortably sleep on my side, sleeping on my stomach is just out of the question and I find it difficult to fall asleep on my my back, and then when I do I usually end up snoring lightly and it wakes me up. The problem is that when I sleep on my side the blood circulation in my arm gets cut off and my arm gets all numb and it wakes me up.

Most nights, unless I'm really tired, I alternate between sleeping on my back and sleeping on my side, I usually wake up every hour or 2 and switch positions. Anyone else have this problem? How can I fix this?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

Improve your circulation first of all, exercise will certainly help. Aid that with Garlic tablets which will thin your blood, and avoid cholesterol rich foods. To try induce better sleep I suggest Valerian, you can get it at most health food shops. You could also try getting a scent pouch and stuff it with Lavender and Hops and putting it your pillow case.

Work that arm with weights. If your young and having this problem, it's not a good sign at all. Are you overweight or do you have a underlying health condition which effects circulation??

Edit:

Watch this, it will tell you how to make one of those scent pouches and will show you how well they work: (drag buffer to 10.30

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=OQZFKNW9

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Nick

I'm 23 and I exercise regularly, I'm not overweight (185 lbs, 6'2"). Also I've been going to the gym regularly now for 2 years and as far as I can remember I never had this problem before I started working out at the gym. Also I don't have any known medical conditions. I think my blood pressure might be a little high though, last time I went to the doctor he said it was OK but whenever I check it, it's usually a little bit high.

By the way, interesting video, I should give it a try.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By teh_destroyer

I usually fall asleep on my side and wake up to see that I am laying on my stomach. Try taking a sleeping pill before you go to bed or something.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK

Try not sleeping on your arm

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
Nick said:
I'm 23 and I exercise regularly, I'm not overweight (185 lbs, 6'2"). Also I've been going to the gym regularly ... [more]

It may well be connected to your workout sessions, some blood vessels may not have healed properly after a injury you may not have been aware of. I have had a similar problem myself, but in my left leg, it didn't effect my sleep though. You should try giving the arm a complete rest for a while and see if there is any improvement. If your hooked up with a GF, get the  a massage on your arm and shoulder, that will help circulation and the healing process. 

Working out can fill your body with endorphines that can muck up sleep patterns, it can make you feel wide awake yet weak and and uncomfotable due to muscle strain. Make sure you have a few hours rest before attempting to sleep. Have a soak in the bath too, steal some of the GF's smelly stuff and chill out, eat light after working out also. Drink cammomile tea and or good old milk. Ok, that's the best advice I can give. If your absolutely sure it' the arm that's the route of the problem your should tell your doctor/GP when you next visit he or she.

@crunchUK said: 
crunchUK said:
Try not sleeping on your arm [more]

That's hard, the average person flips numerous times during sleep, deep sleep that is. He could try placing pillows to restrict movement though, but that could make him more comfortable.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By RandomHero666

Sleep in that there recovery position

No Caption Provided

Also if exercise and garlic help thin yer blood.. my blood must be like corned beef.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Pills. Colorful ones. Lots of them.