#1 Edited by Aegon (5759 posts) -

I know this is kind of spammy, but if you're interested in VAs (specifically Baker) you should find this pretty entertaining. If you want to hear the voice actors for the default male and female voices of Saints Row 3 talk about playing the game and how awesome it is, you should give it a listen. Also they're just being funny. I need these people interviewed by the Bombcrew!.....please?  

Troy Baker has played: 
Kanji Tatsumi (P4) 
Snow (FF13) 
Joel (Last of Us) 
Booker Dewitt (Bioshock: Infinite) 

Laura Bailey has played: 
Catherine (Catherine) 
Rise (P4) 
Kid Trunks (DBZ) 

#2 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Troy Baker's greatest performance:

#3 Posted by AlisterCat (5698 posts) -

I just got Catherine and he is amazing, though I can't help but hearing my Saints Row The Third character.

#4 Posted by Creamypies (4088 posts) -

I've seen other interviews with Troy before, and he does come across as a hilarious dude.

#5 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1594 posts) -

Oh shit. Troy is the default male voice in Saint's Row The Third. My mind just collapsed in on itself.

#6 Posted by Little_Socrates (5693 posts) -

I was totally gonna point out that Troy is also Vincent Brooks from Catherine, but someone else hopped in and covered that. I would love to see interviews of Troy, Laura, and also Yuri Lowenthal. Sadly, most other voice actors I recognize are more notable for their TV or anime work than for their games voice acting, though Phil LaMarr and Quinton Flynn would be fun to have in the studio. They're not as hijinks-y as the Yuri Lowenthal/Tara Platt army, but they're all cool people.

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

I fucking love the default female voice of Saints Row 3, she's my dream woman. voice.

#8 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Captain_Felafel said:

Oh shit. Troy is the default male voice in Saint's Row The Third. My mind just collapsed in on itself.

Murder time, fun time!

#9 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

don't forget to bring in Liam O' Brian and Jamieson Price

#10 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5073 posts) -

@H2Oyea: And Yuri Lowenthal too.

#11 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Ravenlight said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

Murder time, fun time!

His voice gets the blood pumping... TO MY LOINS! 
#12 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

oh man that was mad funny

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@H2Oyea said:

Troy Baker has played: Kanji Tatsumi (P4)

Does he sound like he punches every single word at you, like the guy who plays Kanji in the anime?

#14 Posted by Enigma777 (6084 posts) -

@McGhee said:

Troy Baker's greatest performance:

NO, NO, NOT AGAIN! MAKE IT STOP!

#15 Posted by DonChipotle (2804 posts) -

Well, I mean, Laura Bailey is no Brina Palencia. Hmmph.

#16 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

Troy is an amazing V.O., love the guy between him and Steve blum (Wolverine and Wrex), Alia Hillis (Liara), Nolan North,Yuri Lowenthal, Claudia Black (Morrigan and Cloe) and Jennifer Hale (FemShep and Bastila) they are my favorites.

#17 Posted by believer258 (12081 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

I fucking love the default female voice of Saints Row 3, she's my dream woman. voice.

Which one? The first one kept sounding familiar to me until I caught it. She must be a really good and varied voice actress.

#18 Edited by Aegon (5759 posts) -
@AlexanderSheen said:

@H2Oyea: And Yuri Lowenthal too.

YES. Of course I want Yuri there too. 

@Video_Game_King said:

@H2Oyea said:

Does he sound like he punches every single word at you, like the guy who plays Kanji in the anime?

I've only watched like maybe 4 episodes of the anime, so I'm not sure. His voice sounds very nice/smooth/deep though. 

@believer258 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Which one? The first one kept sounding familiar to me until I caught it. She must be a really good and varied voice actress.

Yeah, it's Laura Bailey, and she does have a pretty wide range of stuff. I mean, Kid Trunks, Rise, and The SR3 female voice are all completely different. 
#19 Posted by theharleyquin (47 posts) -

When I saw this thread I was incredibly confused because I thought Troy Baker was the guy inside R2D2...but that's Kenny Baker

/threadjack

#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@H2Oyea:

Here's an example. (There's a better clip that focuses more on Kanji, but I just can't find it.)

#21 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1547 posts) -

After playing P3 and P4 a couple years ago, all I hear are these duders voices in games. There's like an 80% chance you're going to hear someone who did some form of voice work in either of those two games when you play a game. Even if it's just a miscellaneous NPC voice.

#22 Posted by YI_Orange (1169 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Every time someone mentions Kanji in the anime I think of that scene with him and Yosuke playing Ping-Pong now. For some reason I loved the way he talked after their match. Couldn't find a clip of it though.

#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@YI_Orange:

I think what I said before, about him using his words to beat the shit out of you physically.

#24 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@H2Oyea said:

Kanji was the best acted voice in the P4 game (imo) and I usually hate anime voice acting.

Actually- yknow what... there's a lot o good voices in P4.

#25 Edited by Aegon (5759 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@H2Oyea:

Here's an example. (There's a better clip that focuses more on Kanji, but I just can't find it.)

Haha, they used P3 music. That's pretty awesome.
#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@H2Oyea:

Not as awesome as Yu, though.

#27 Posted by Aegon (5759 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@H2Oyea:

Not as awesome as Yu, though.

Yeah, they kind of decided to go off the rails with that scene. 
#28 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3908 posts) -

I have a man-crush on Mister Baker and I don't care who knows it.

#29 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

baker is hot as hell