Trying something new.

ErkableGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By ErkableGamer

As someone who is young, stupid, and has no idea where my life is going to take me, I decided that I wanted to start writing. I guess my main motivation behind this is finding out if I even like writing (weird right?) When I was in high school, I remember liking my creative writing class but I'm trying to figure out if that was more of creating stupid stories starring my friends or if I liked the act of making something from nothing.

Like I said before, I'm young. As a 21 year old who loves playing video games, I also love reading and consuming videos from web sites like Giantbomb, IGN, and Youtube. Where I am at in life, I struggle finding what I want to do career wise; but I do know that I want to end up in the gaming industry. whether this is writing, developing, managing, or even making videos, I am passionate about games.

So I think that I will start using this to express my opinions just for my own personal log, but if people somehow find it, that's cool too.

Signed, Eric Groves

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Reading about you trying something new that you're passionate about made me happy. Have a good night!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Good luck duder!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

It's always great to try new things and test ourselves. Good luck going forward!

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Christoffer

Being a good writer, and expressing your opinion, are always useful skills, whatever you end up doing. So go for it.

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Best of luck to you Eric! Change and the unknown can be frightening, but the payoff and satisfaction of success can be equally tremendous.

ErkableGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hurricanehaines
hurricanehaines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck to you. Even if what you end up doing in life as a career isn't directly related to games / gaming, don't give up writing about them! Always be gaming

ErkableGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go for it duder! Remember, there's always a million reasons not to do something. Be brave and chase your passion. Even if in the end you decide do to something else you'll be happier to have seen through it. It's the what-ifs that are gonna keep you awake at night.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome! I am happy for you! Writing is incredibly rewarding and challenging, and like anything if you work hard at it and keep it up you will get better!

Get going! And remember, it always helps to read as much as you write! Keep us all updated!