• 62 results
#1 Posted by mrcool11 (469 posts) -

so, for the past few years, i have had these 'episodes'  where i would have darkened vision and dizzyness. everyone tried to tell me that it was nothing, but today things got a little bit more dramatic when i passed out on the kitchen floor. i was only out for a couple seconds, but the bowl of frosted flakes i had been eating smashed to the floor. honestly, i consider that to be the worst thing in this situation. do any other noble giantbombers have any sweet medical conditions? not depressing ones, but, ya know, comical ones.

#2 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -

I walk with a gangster lean, but not from the weight of my heat (I don't carry arms), but from my ankle injury from earlier this year.

#3 Posted by Novyx (479 posts) -

If Asperger's and a vitamin D deficiency, are comical, yes. And you really should get to the doctor. It could be anything, but anything it could be is probably going to get worse.

#4 Posted by Seedofpower (3932 posts) -

Don't drive a car. If you are passing out on the floor for no reason, that's a serious issue. Go seek help.

#5 Edited by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

lols Ass-Burgers 

Yeah I pass out randomly if I'm in an environment where there too many people. Lets just say I don't go to too many sports game or concerts.

#6 Posted by Asurastrike (2167 posts) -

I have a minor undiagnosed case of OCD.

#7 Posted by MB (12511 posts) -

That could be a brain tumor dude. You really should get that checked out.

#8 Posted by Novyx (479 posts) -
@MB:
Bit drastic, but possible. It could also be diabetes, or any number of other conditions. Anemia, low blood pressure... Hence needing a doctor.
#9 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -
@Asurastrike said:
"I have a minor undiagnosed case of OCD. "
#10 Posted by Novyx (479 posts) -

Also, undiagnosed OCD is quite often actually Asperger's, if coupled with anxiety and trouble interacting socially. I know it's silly to shout out diagnoses all over for it, except that the mindset of those with Asperger's is pretty much tuned for games and technical pursuits, and so tends to be drawn to places like these forums where anonymity cuts out the social anxiety and people share interests. So just check it out if you have the chance.

#11 Edited by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

I have what is called a "Pigeon chest" where your chest comes out a little, but I was very lucky and have a very minor case of it and is almost unnoticeable as I have grew and filled out, but when I was younger people could see it and it pissed me off.

#12 Edited by tokyochicken (849 posts) -

I think I might have traces dyslexia.

#13 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1144 posts) -

I get random, sudden pain in several of my joints. This can lead to some comical situations, like needing to kneel and lean so I'm almost on my face to set down my laundry.

My doctor doesn't know what the hell, but I got some blood tests and *deep breath*

IT'S NOT LUPUS

#14 Posted by Novyx (479 posts) -
@LaszloKovacs:
Have you checked on Fibromyalgia?
#15 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1144 posts) -
@Novyx: 

I hadn't, but I'm a huge hypochondriac and now I've wasted 20 minutes convincing myself that I have it. Thanks for that.
#16 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

Oh no!  May the frosted flakes rest in peace. D:

#17 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Cerebral Palsy.

#18 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I dont have any crazy medical problems. I cant play contact sports because of all the injuries I have had though, thats about it.

#19 Posted by Johnny5 (1355 posts) -

I have a horrible disease called PeeCee-Elititis, but besides that? Diabetes, not severe yet though.

#20 Posted by marc (508 posts) -

I have really bad tendinitis in my right foot and left knee. If I am on the go a lot, it doesn't bother me much at all, but soon as I relax, it hurts like hell and I basically have to warm myself up to walking properly again. I've been in physiotherapy, and have been on anti-inflammatories, but neither really did much to help. Doctor said I will probably require surgery down the road if it gets any worse. Luckily, it isn;t quite as bad as it used to be, so hopefully it will go away in time. 

It's annoying, but does have its comic moments every once and a while. Like I could be just walking, and step on my foot slightly off, and it just gives out from under me and I fall to the ground. Usually a good laugh. And when my knee acts up, I have trouble either bending it or straightening it, depending on whether I am walking or sitting. My friends usually always get a good laugh at seeing me trying to walk when I can't straighten out my leg lol.

#21 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Are you sure you're not just standing up too fast?

#22 Edited by Hamst3r (4491 posts) -

Uh, I have poor depth perception, but as long as I'm not playing baseball or anything I seem to do just fine.

Don't toss things to me, I won't even try to catch them.

@MB

said:

" That could be a brain tumor dude. You really should get that checked out. "

IT'S NOT A TUMOR!

-
#23 Posted by kingclaw (757 posts) -
@mrcool11: You arent sick, you may have this condicion 
postural hypotension syndrome, what happen is that maybe your arterial tension is low, and thats the way your body react when you stand up  to fast, when you stand up after been a long time in bed or sit.
#24 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I once collapsed on a bus, I was with a friend, and once I came around I got up and said is this our stop, then walked off.

About it though.

#25 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Jesus man, you're scaring me. I've also experienced darkned vision at times, I haven't in a while but a few years ago it would happen at least once a month. And dizzyness is more common.

I haven't passed out yet though.

#26 Posted by rjayb89 (7724 posts) -

Man, I've never passed out.  I've gotten a bit dizzy after seeing a ton of my blood oozing out (hand injury - scraped across a brick wall - chunk of my knuckle skin), but never fainted.

#27 Posted by Lucifer (263 posts) -

My left testicle seems to be heavier then the right one because it hangs down more. It looks kinda funny.

#28 Posted by Time_Lord (720 posts) -

I suffer occasional agony in my left knee from when I fractured it a few years ago it hurts if i do to much or not enough exercise.

#29 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

I suffer from severe awesomeness, if left untreated I could die!

#30 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I like to faint after I throw up. It's happened multiple times, I guess it takes a lot outta me. When I throw up, I REALLY throw up. Yeah, thought everyone would wanna picture that. You're all welcome.

#31 Posted by Food (384 posts) -

I had a minor seizure once 8 years ago but it never happened again.

#32 Posted by JackiJinx (3090 posts) -

Chances are, I have something other than anosmia. I'll live, I think.

#33 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

During the summer some friends and I would go up to Hokaido and down west to Osaka to the hot springs.  We ended up not remembering most of it, and lost a lot of money.  One of the days I woke up with panties on top of me while we were in Hokaido...and it smelled like hot alcohol in the room.

For some reason I can't remember most nights I go out, and I'm scared that it's a serious medical condition. 

#34 Posted by Novyx (479 posts) -
@LaszloKovacs:
If you're seriously concerned, you can go see a doctor about it. There are pretty stringent tests to qualify you for it, and a self-diagnoses won't do any good. I only brought it up because I know several people with it, and it's good to catch early so you can keep it in check, instead of waiting until it gets to the rather awful stage.
#35 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

I ruptured my left testicle about 2 years ago.  Not a complete blow out, more like a small rip/tear.  Its been slowly bleeding ever since, when ever aggravated.   Kinda feels like glass shards in your sack or dirt.  If rubbed the wrong way.  Hurts like hell when I get hot and my balls sag.  Basically my testicle becomes/is inflamed and the semi-dried blood rubs against all those nerve endings and the outside of my testicle.

Happened one night when I turned over to fast, during my sleep.  Accidentally laid down on my left nut.  Sleep in your tighty whites! Now the side of my testicle is enlarged.  So it hurts if touched.  Can't sit up straight or lay on my belly when sleeping.   I've adjusted to the pain.  Just sit and sleep a certain way and be really carefull when getting dressed or bathing.  Hurts so bad sometimes, spikes of pain shoot through my leg.   Beer and pain killers help. 

Not joking either. 

#36 Posted by Tebbit (4465 posts) -
@JackiJinx said:
" Chances are, I have something other than anosmia. I'll live, I think. "
Pah, smelling is over-rated. Mostly all I can smell is that weird wet pavement odor.

@SoothsayerGB: That makes me go all squirmy. I'm gonna go tell each of my balls that I love them very much.
#37 Posted by ezekielzero (183 posts) -

i have mild narcolepsy so theres been a couple of good events with it eg falling asleep when playing my viola, falling asleep in PE, all good stuff

#38 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Apart from mild allergies to pollen, dust and alcohol I nearly lost an eye once to a badminton raquet. Which is a shame since I couldv'e been a pirate.

#39 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

@mrcool11

Either way, you should seek out a doctor.   
#40 Posted by Kazona (3070 posts) -
@Novyx said:
" @MB:Bit drastic, but possible. It could also be diabetes, or any number of other conditions. Anemia, low blood pressure... Hence needing a doctor. "
It could also simply be lack of sleep. I've had the exact same problem as the TC is describing, and it turned out that I was simply not giving my body enough rest.
#41 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I had the exact same thing a couple years ago - It was due to low-blood-pressure. Go and see a Doctor dude.

#42 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1144 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB: 

D:
#43 Posted by Jwkokosmakroon (158 posts) -

Dude some of you guys should stop speculating about what certain symptoms mean, that's what the docter's for. 
Besides this is very hard on our dear friends the hypochondriacs who now probably think they've got a whole load of freaky conditions!
#44 Posted by cinemandrew (711 posts) -

I have type 1 diabetes, so that's pretty funny.

#45 Posted by Jwkokosmakroon (158 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB:
Dude seriously..... if ever you had to see a docter for something.....!!!!!
#46 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

I get motion sickness easily, gets nervous really easily so I often feel not quite right. My gf has dyscalculia , which is like dyslexia but with numbers.

#47 Posted by i69edUrGpa (586 posts) -

I have dealt with an extreme hentai addiction for many years ( NOT JOKING ) and I also have a skin disorder where my skin becomes dry and begins to rot if I don't take the right medication.
#48 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" I like to faint after I throw up. It's happened multiple times, I guess it takes a lot outta me. When I throw up, I REALLY throw up. Yeah, thought everyone would wanna picture that. You're all welcome. "
Fucking god man.
#49 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

I have Osgood Schlatters disease or however the hell you spell it, they said it would go away in about 1 year but i exercised my leg alot in like 2 months and the pain is gone for now....hopefully :/

#50 Posted by ryoma122 (699 posts) -

go see a doctor