TV shows you know you should be watching but don't.

Avatar image for deactivated-6082f30752bdc
deactivated-6082f30752bdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are there any TV shows you know you should be watching but don't? For whatever reason work, family, or you just for some reasons can't bring yourself to watch em. I'm a huge DC comics fan so why am I not at least watching Arrow or Flash? There really isn't a reason!

Ringedwithtile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A lot actually. I'm really well-versed in film, but TV just puts me to sleep. It's tough when I'm hanging with some friends and they won't stop talking about all these shows I either haven't seen or tried to watch and couldn't tough it out.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OMGFather

Mostly things that I can't get on Blu-ray. X-Files for me, but that should be rectified soon :D

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fargo

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@marcsman said:

Fargo

This. I really liked the movie. Season 1 is on Hulu, and I've been recording season 2. I still haven't watched any of it.

I also need to catch up on Hannibal.

I also haven't watched Madmen or Breaking Bad.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really, really need to be watching The Knick. Hannibal (saw a few eps, dropped off), Mad Men (same)

Plenty of classics I haven't gotten to either, like Sopranos, X-Files, Twin Peaks (despite being a big Lynch fan), Step By Step, Small Wonder, Manimal, The Party Machine With Nia Peeples... wait, now I'm just naming shows.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I also have the first three episodes of the new Evil Dead series I need to watch. I have the next two weeks off from work, so I can go through some of my backlog.

JYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I know I need to watch the Wire but holy shit, those episodes are long.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By monetarydread

I am two episodes into the second season of Peaky Blinders. I NEED to finish watching that show but I am so busy with school that I just can't find the time right now.

As a side note, anyone here should have watched the show by now. If not, you are a bad person who hates good TV.

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Stealthoneill

Breaking Bad - I binged Seasons 1-3 in like 10 days and then stopped and have never managed to go back and finish it!

Arrow - Really enjoying Flash but haven't even finished Season 2 of Arrow yet so have seen some inevitable spoilers!

The Wire - Another one, the lengthy nature of the episodes and my short attention span means I'm worried I'll start watching and move to something else so it goes into the background and I'll miss something.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've still only got 4 episodes into the Sopranos. Games take up so much of my time.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of Thrones is the big one, I suppose. Watched 15+ minutes of the pilot and never came back to it afterwards. Not because it was boring but because I was way too tired and then just never bothered streaming it from somewhere. Second season of Fargo is another. The first one was a really positive surprise and I even took a month trial of HBO to only watch Fargo, but I still haven't watched a single episode and it's over soon.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Daredevil

Death Note (two episodes in.... Twice.....)

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TravisRex

I think my feeling on watching TV is the same feeling I have with movies. I feel like I'm wasting time. Or at least wasting time on tv/movies when I'd rather be wasting time on something else.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Humanity

I wanted to give 24 a shot but there's so much of it..

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While there are certainly popular tv shows that I've never found interesting or even given a chance, I think the one that always comes back to haunt me (because a buddy of mine keeps telling me to watch it) is The Wire.

Actually, thinking about it, a show I really should watch but somehow don't is Vikings. Binge watched the first season like a crazy person and got 3 episodes into season 2 and forgot to continue watching. I really should get back into it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@humanity said:

24 sort of jumped the shark after Season 3 anyway. Just watch the first three seasons, that's where the real quality stuff is. After that if you're still addicted then keep going, but there is really no need to.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

the blacklist

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I have trouble making myself watch movies. I watch an anime every now and then, but never one more than 26 episodes long.

I dunno. I like to spend my leisure time absorbed in something else. This doesn't mean that there aren't movies I really like, just that there aren't many of them. Generally, I'll take a video game or a book instead.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@mike: I'll have to man up and give it a shot. I'm a little scared of syndicated TV shows to be honest.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BladedEdge

A...all of it.

Like since I started watching youtube and giantbomb and etc style content (twitch, nostalgia critic, spoony, etc etc) its sort of taken over my tv watching. I've still got a tv on, silent in the background on CNN or something just as much out of habit as anything.

Ever since reading what was effectively a "here is how they write scripts for TV shows" I have found myself able to more or less predict with disturbing accuracy the 'whodunit" of the week. I get that people don't consider the NCIS and ect of the world to be good shows, but its what I use to watch and..now that I am 'in' on how they do what they do, everything on network tv is boring..

Except for the stuff that takes after the Lost formula, a style I can not stand. Its the same reason I consider Attack on Titan to be a bad anime. "Lets go find the basement..oh no wait never mind that'll be in season 5, in 2023". Anything that draws you in with a premise..then drags out the major mystery cause, you know, it got popular and to end the series=you make less money thus..filler! Lots and lots of filler!. I.e. "how to make a series like Lost".

And then there are the major character dramas and..I don't care about those. Like the walking dead and etc hold no interest to me.

Which sucks, cause I use to like television. About the only thing I've watched any amount of lately is anime, when I decide to binge watch one piece or naruto (yeah I know, bad choices)

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jaymii

@travisrex said:

I think my feeling on watching TV is the same feeling I have with movies. I feel like I'm wasting time. Or at least wasting time on tv/movies when I'd rather be wasting time on something else.

I find this interesting, because one of the reasons I like TV/movies is because there's an element of completion no matter what. If I manage to sit through 40 minutes, that's another episode ticked off, no matter what. I think this is unlike playing a game where, with a lot of AAA games anyway, you can boot them up and end up completely wasting an hour because you're going the wrong direction and dying a couple times. That's a literal waste of time, to me.

Really the whole thing depends on who you're talking to, what you're reading, and what part of the cultural conversation you want to take part in.

Oprahtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Oprahtrain

I heard Better Call Saul actually isn't that bad so i would like to check that out. Also i haven't seen any of the second season of Fargo or True Detective yet. I have been slowly working my way through X-files for the past maybe three years now and i really need to wrap it up before the new episodes come on. I have also been meaning to watch Parks and Rec, i hear a lot of good things about that show.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike said:
@humanity said:

24 sort of jumped the shark after Season 3 anyway. Just watch the first three seasons, that's where the real quality stuff is. After that if you're still addicted then keep going, but there is really no need to.

I can't endorse this. Seeing the fat analyst's face pressed up against the glass as he takes his last breathe of poison gas while Chloe looks on in horror, and a guy doing a real bad Chinese accent saying Mista Bowa, we have your boy 10 times every episode was great!