User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mellotronrules
nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Honestly, I'm very skeptical. I want to see more of Dale Cooper and the rest of the locals, but, has it been too long?

But oh that opening music. How happy it makes me.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Crazy news!

Maybe we'll finally find out how Annie is!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

FK in the coffee!?!

I really hope this is good.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickhead: yeah- I'm cautiously optimistic. i mean, there's no way they'll be able to put the cult/uncanny/je ne sais quoi into the new series. but then again, never underestimate lynch's ability to make you feel inexplicably uncomfortable.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dimi3je

As much as the reasonable part of me says don't espect much, there's also the scraming Fucking 'A! voice in my head.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I do not know how to feel. I know that I am excited. I know that I want to cry because I'm so happy Twin Peaks is happening again. I do not know how to process all these positive emotions.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By InternetDotCom

Some things are better left in the past, but maybe it will be great.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

HOLY SHIT

arg3n7um

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By arg3n7um

Reasonable part of me is telling me don't get too excited. That show was so unique to the time that I don't know if it can be recreated. On the other hand, what's the worse that can happen? If it sucks, it sucks. There will always be the original two seasons (and the movie) to look back on. And if it is awesome, then we can all enjoy more twin peaks.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Paliv

This is my favorite show of all time, and Lynch is probably my favorite director. Not sure how I feel about a return after such a long time, but if anyone can pull of a tone outside of time it's him.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wrecks

The Twin Peaks part of it interests me less than the fact that it is David Lynch doing a limited series for a cable channel. No matter what, it's going to be a cool and crazy experience. Twin Peaksness is just tasty gravy.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they use this as an opportunity to give the series a proper ending. I slogged my way through most of Season 2 only to get to a cliffhanger, and then a movie that only gave more questions, and no answers!

Then again, I don't have Showtime, and I probably won't have Showtime by the time this actually airs, so I won't be watching it either way.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

always up for a damn fine cup o' coffee.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

The key for me will be introducing new characters instead of building a story around all the old ones. The locals in particular. There's nothing saying that Dale Cooper can't still be an uncanny FBI agent late in middle age.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda want Swery to join the writing staff.

Lausebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lausebub

I'd be down for a catch up club. I saw the pilot like a year ago as part of a Twin Peaks marathon, but it started at like 2 in the morning so I only watched the pilot and left intrigued.

AngryKluge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, I'm so excited to see where they go from the end of the series. Dale Cooper might not be the same character we all remember...

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I WANT TO GET OFF MISTER LYNCH'S WILD RIDE.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES YES YES YES wait do I even have Showtime

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cmblasko
No Caption Provided

I am so down for more Twin Peaks. It would be funny if the end of this season ended up giving fans even less resolution than the season 2 ending.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to re-watch I guess. And then again in 2016 just before the new season.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't it be amazing if they shot the new series exactly like the old one (same camera tech/cinematography) and used all the same actors? It would be like stepping into a time machine, except it fucks up and confuses time instead of allowing seamless time travel.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if this ends up being a flaming train wreck, I am very happy it is happening.

Time to re-watch the series, re-listen to the album, and actually finish reading the three (!) books.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9d14856890c
deactivated-5c9d14856890c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIFs cannot express my shock and excitement. I am GIFless

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that Lynch is directing every episode is the exciting part for me. And Frost is there, too, obv.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#27 FinalDasa  Moderator

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I love Twin Peaks but can we go back to such a strange show?

Luckily I think Lynch and Showtime will probably give it it's best chance. Hopefully they can capture that same sense of...weird.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just woke up from the weirdest dream to find this, not sure if I'm really awake yet.
I haven't stopped thinking about that show since I saw it, I will definitively enjoy this no matter how it turns out, although Lynch directing has my hopes up.

desoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By desoda

Oh fucking YES! Finally!

or

Oh fuck no. They'll ruin it.

I'm not entirely sure which thought is screaming loudest in my head right now.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Aegon

Never watched Twin Peaks. Is this a continuation or a reboot?

Edit: Watched trailer, so now I know.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Man, Twin Peaks is fucking weird. I only just watched it for the first time early this year, so I can't say I have the reverence others do, so I say bring it on, Lynch. Even if it's terrible.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NegativeCero

I am so fucking excited for this. Best day ever.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Can't wait. Though a 9 episode arc on cable will probably allow Lynch to do whatever the hell he wants. That's equally scary and exciting.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34  Edited By GERALTITUDE

We'll see what this turns out like but pencil me in under not excited, thinks it will fail, wants to be proven wrong.

Obviously will not be about the original actors, well not most of them.

TV is for young skinny beautiful people, not old folks.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Fudge... I just can't get sceptical when I hear that music. It's like they are shooting sweet nostalgia directly into my brain. I'm giddy with excitement right now. Lynch is a goddamn mad man and I love him for it.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll see what this turns out like but pencil me in under not excited, thinks it will fail, wants to be proven wrong.

But a new season of Twin Peaks is for people who like Twin Peaks, so they would want to get as many of the original actors as possible. I'm sure there will be new, younger characters too, but they'd be missing the point of continuing Twin Peaks if they did it without the original cast and characters.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mellotronrules
cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's been too long for them to pick up where it was, but I guess it could still be interesting. We'll see.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@geraltitude said:

But a new season of Twin Peaks is for people who like Twin Peaks, so they would want to get as many of the original actors as possible. I'm sure there will be new, younger characters too, but they'd be missing the point of continuing Twin Peaks if they did it without the original cast and characters.

I dunno if you are necessarily right about that... Twin Peaks is probably more popular/heard about then it has actually been seen. I bet the "real goal" is to get young people to watch it who heard of or saw Twin Peaks within the last few years. But maybe not!

That said, if you look at TV aimed at "old people," it's still full of young hotties. Dallas for example. That's like the oldest of old target markets. Or Witches of East End (actually stars a TP lady).

I mean you're probably right that it's a blend, but my guess is the focus is on the new cast, not the old one.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Akyho

For the last two weeks I have been watching Twin Peaks for the first time, I am closing in on the end of Twin peaks Season 2 made in 1991.....HOW THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT I JUST NEED TO WAIT A YEAR FOR A THIRD SEASON!? To me a new Twin Peaks fan 23/4 years late to the party it feels strange.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

I haven't seent Twin Peaks in a while, but I can't imagine how they could make it work.

Then again, Twin Peaks is pretty crazy, so I'm sure they can come up with reasons logical within that universe that will make sense.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: I didn't mean that it was being aimed at old people instead of young people. There are plenty of young fans of Twin Peaks. If this was just some executive who decided "hey, we own the name Twin Peaks, I bet people would watch a show called Twin Peaks" I would be more worried about it being focused on a new young cast, but having Lynch and Frost onboard to write/direct every episode makes me more hopeful. I would think that at the very least, Cooper would be the main protagonist or antagonist, depending on what happened in the past 25 years.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Wow, I just watched the show for the first time a month or so ago, and now I hear it's coming back. Tempered expectations here, but I'm excited nonetheless.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I still need to finish the 2nd season. Not too many episodes left for me but part of the way through I stopped watching for some reason. Fucking loved the show though so I am pretty excited for this.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it! It's actually happening... Please be good.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Oh my god. Now that's something I thought would never happen. I'm with most of you in that I'm cautiously optimistic, since while it can never be what it was, if it even comes close that's already gonna be good enogh for me.

SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got so excited when I saw that the show I like is coming back in style. Hopefully now other people will watch and stop looking at me like I am crazy when I suggest and then try to explain what it is about.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really should go back and watch this. I was only three years old when Twin Peaks first aired. I feel as though I missed out on some kind of cultural phenomenon, because everyone on Twitter seems to be going bat shit crazy over the news.

Does the show hold up for someone who has never seen it?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By TheHT
No Caption Provided

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somewhere Lara Flynn Boyle is desperate for work.