Two reasons why I believe/want Romney to lose the election.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AsperGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By AsperGamer

Romney belongs to a cult.

Yes, that may be controversial and you can attack me if you wish, but Mormonisn is not a religion, it is a cult. It should never be legitimised. Sure, it is a pleasant enough cult, almost harmless, but a cult is a cult. I don't come in to this view from a position of ignorance. I have a family of Mormons who are close friends. I met and maintained this friendship from spending some time in the local church - call it a theological journey.

Next up, a Scientologist for President? Hell, I still watch movies with John Travolta and Tom Cruise, plus I am a huge fan of Beck's music, but not for a second do I believe a Scientologist should hold office. I don't care that Romney is a successful businessman. In fact, what he has done in private enterprise makes him even worse and I think he will increase rich people power over the country, but that doesn't preclude him from being President, but being in a cult is a bridge too far for me.

I want to see sour faces on FOX News.

There is nothing I would enjoy more than seeing the media arm of the Republican Party writhe in agony after they lose the election. On the flipside, there would be nothing worse than the smugness they would display if they win. At least I could just not watch that, but watching them lose would be worth the admission price.

So, there you have my political views. Make of them what you wish and feel free to yell at me. After all, it is just an opinion.

AsperGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AsperGamer

Romney belongs to a cult.

Yes, that may be controversial and you can attack me if you wish, but Mormonisn is not a religion, it is a cult. It should never be legitimised. Sure, it is a pleasant enough cult, almost harmless, but a cult is a cult. I don't come in to this view from a position of ignorance. I have a family of Mormons who are close friends. I met and maintained this friendship from spending some time in the local church - call it a theological journey.

Next up, a Scientologist for President? Hell, I still watch movies with John Travolta and Tom Cruise, plus I am a huge fan of Beck's music, but not for a second do I believe a Scientologist should hold office. I don't care that Romney is a successful businessman. In fact, what he has done in private enterprise makes him even worse and I think he will increase rich people power over the country, but that doesn't preclude him from being President, but being in a cult is a bridge too far for me.

I want to see sour faces on FOX News.

There is nothing I would enjoy more than seeing the media arm of the Republican Party writhe in agony after they lose the election. On the flipside, there would be nothing worse than the smugness they would display if they win. At least I could just not watch that, but watching them lose would be worth the admission price.

So, there you have my political views. Make of them what you wish and feel free to yell at me. After all, it is just an opinion.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I didn't vote for him because he wants to cut taxes even further which, by now, is obvious isn't going to do anything and he wants to spend another 200 billion a year on defense and he is fully against equal rights.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jking47

So what is the difference, in your opinion, between a cult and a religion?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JasonR86

I'm so sick of the election.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Vinny_Says

all religions are just cults if you think about it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Animasta

If Romney loses (which he probably will) conservatives the nation over will forget him by Saturday.

Chris Christie 2016

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60

CL60 2016.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Animasta

@CL60 said:

CL60 2016.

whats your platform

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Barrock

He has an 8% chance of winning so you don't really need to worry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

What a non-issue this is. Religions, no matter how accepted and mainstream, are glorified cults at best, and that should be the end of it. Furthermore, Romney's (and Obama's, for that matter) religion matters so little in the context of being the president that its practically not worth bringing up.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60

@Animasta said:

@CL60 said:

CL60 2016.

whats your platform

My platform is whatever you want it to be. That's my platform.

CL60 2016.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Subjugation

What a petty thread. You are the embodiment of what is wrong with society. Grow up.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Animasta

@CL60 said:

@Animasta said:

@CL60 said:

CL60 2016.

whats your platform

My platform is whatever you want it to be. That's my platform.

CL60 2016.

well you've got my vote

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By nightriff

As a mormon I can tell you know nothing of the religion, good day to you sir

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By JasonR86

@Nightriff said:

It's never stopped someone from yelling about religion before! This is the internet mother-fucker! It's based on the idea of yelling as loud as possible about things everyone is ignorant about!!!!!!LOL!!!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By nightriff

@JasonR86 said:

@Nightriff said:

It's never stopped someone from yelling about religion before! This is the internet mother-fucker! It's based on the idea of yelling as loud as possible about things everyone is ignorant about!!!!!!LOL!!!

Oh I know that, I'm actually surprised it has taken people this long to bitch about mormonism, for once people grew up....then returned to their normal IQ level

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Animasta

@Nightriff said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Nightriff said:

Oh I know that, I'm actually surprised it has taken people this long to bitch about mormonism, for once people grew up....then returned to their normal IQ level

to be fair mormon isn't really normal christianity and many of it's beliefs to come across as more crazy than the usual christianity

although comparing it to scientology is super dumb, even if the mormon church is a terrible organization (politics wise that is)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By ZombiePie

We have users and even friends of the site that are not only Mormons, but also Scientologists. To insult any of them or their personal beliefs purely based on their religion is inappropriate and falls under our Forum Rules as victimization and discrimination of users. For this reason this thread is being locked.