penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By penguindust
No Caption Provided

The trailer for Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Ryan’s recent Mortal Kombat TANG reminded me of some really great cheesy music. In a cliché and maybe satirical way, these songs inspire me when I play video games. I think they are fun and are essential to my ultimate video game soundtrack. At sports stadiums across the nation , the same dozen or so songs comprise the arena’s playlist.  Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye, Rock and Roll Part 1, We Will Rock You, etc…and, I have a similar list for video games.  It doesn’t matter if I’m playing a racer, shooter or fighting game, these songs seem to fit my mood while playing. Admittedly, some are more apropos than others to specific genres, but nevertheless I enjoy them no matter what type of game I'm involved in.

I've have most of these songs already on my Xbox, and am assembling a list for my PS3.  When it's possible, I get a kick out of listening to these tracks rather than the ones on the game disc.  These aren't songs I listen to when doing other things or just for their pure enjoyment, however I do like them while cruising Paradise City, shooting Russian terrorists or putting the beatdown on some garishly clad martial arts opponent.

But, what about you?  What would your ultimate video game song list look like?  Do you think it could substitute within  most of the games you play?